Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:57   #61
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What am I missing here? India already gets the 6 speed powershift dual clutch box with the 1.5L Ti-VCT engine. I think the reported did not know that.
It could be coming to the diesel variant now that Creta has a Diesel automatic.
Old 9th August 2015, 15:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2016 Ford EcoSport Will Add a PowerShift Automatic Gear box Option - could be offered in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What am I missing here? India already gets the 6 speed powershift dual clutch box with the 1.5L Ti-VCT engine. I think the reported did not know that.

What we need is the Powershift box mated to the 1.0 Ecoboost engine like the Fiesta in Thailand.
If the pre-facelift Ecosport were to be given an interim update and offered with a dual-clutch mated diesel, the Creta would have found it difficult to push their AT offering. As far as VW and Skoda go, less said, the better.

Heck! If only wishes were horses.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:36   #63
BHPian

saw this near ford factory chennai
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-photo-2.jpg  

Old 1st September 2015, 12:53   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
saw this near ford factory chennai
This is the Mahindra S101, not Ford Ecosport.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This is the Mahindra S101, not Ford Ecosport.
Oh! I thought the roof rail and the break light shape resembles ecosport. Also the front of the vehicle resembled ecosport though I could not take a photo.
Old 6th September 2015, 10:15   #66
BHPian

Guys, I'm in the market for a compact SUV and seriously considering the ecosport because it offers an AT in petrol variant. But because of these facelift rumours I haven't booked the car as yet. When can we expect the facelift to be launched? Will there be any significant upgrades (In the AT variant)? The maximum I can wait till is diwali. Please suggest.

Last edited by TB16 : 6th September 2015 at 10:16.
Old 7th September 2015, 09:24   #67
BHPian

^^ There are significant upgrades that have made it to the UK retail version including the most critical aspect about ride and handling.

How many of these new features will be launched and when in India; is an open Q !
Old 11th September 2015, 08:24   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

EcoSport facelift coming next month? Sumukh Sharma shares the following update:

Quote:
Hi Team,

After being a long-time lurker on the Team-BHP forums, I had joined today to ask a question regarding the Ecosport Facelift Launch in India.

I had booked a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0 Titanium (O) - Moondust Silver colour last month (16th August) and was expecting the delivery of the car by 15th of September. I called up the dealership today (Elite Ford - Marathalli, Bangalore) to enquire about the same.

I was told that Ford has stopped production of the Titanium + model currently and the only color options available are White and Mars Red. This is because the updated facelift version will be shipped out in the middle of October. I was asked if I would want to change the colour of my booking or would want to wait for the updated version.

The dealership did not have any details as yet on the pricing or the features that will be added in the facelift version. They did say that the push start button may be removed (not confirmed). I called up Cauvery Ford in Bangalore, and they confirmed the fact that the Ecosport Facelift may be launched next month.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
EcoSport facelift coming next month? Sumukh Sharma shares the following update:
I too had visited Elite Ford Marathalli a couple of weeks back to check the Figo Aspire and also ask about the face-lifted Ecosport. The Sales guy said that the face-lifted version of Ecosport is only available in 2018 (opposed to the speculated 2016 upgrade).

So the information given to different customers is contrasting.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:46   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_ak View Post
The Sales guy said that the face-lifted version of Ecosport is only available in 2018 (opposed to the speculated 2016 upgrade).
When they give these ridiculously late dates, it often means they want to close the deal for the current month (and hit their monthly sales target), rather than have you wait for some time. Take that with a pinch of salt.

There's no way Ford would inform sales people about their 3 year plans. The only valid answers are:
a) "Yes, its coming in the next n months" - if they have been given a meaningful heads-up
b) "I don't know"

Last edited by arunphilip : 11th September 2015 at 14:47.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 17:49   #71
BHPian

So should I go for the Ecoboost or wait for the facelift? Removing Tit(o) would also get rid of the Six airbags?
Old 11th September 2015, 18:19   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
So should I go for the Ecoboost or wait for the facelift?
If you're not in a hurry, then I'd recommend waiting. The facelift brings some useful features, most importantly the reworked suspension, that would be well worth waiting for.

However, if your needs are quite pressing, then go ahead and book the EcoSport - its still a good car in its current iteration.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 19:34   #73
BANNED

its high time that ford launch the Ecoboost + Dct combo. The market is ready for it. People are happily spending close to 10 lacs on a gt tsi.... many who want an suv style will be more than willing to spend a bit more on the ecoboost+dct combo

Last edited by rana_kirti : 11th September 2015 at 19:36.
rana_kirti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 13:56   #74
BHPian

I was looking to buy an ecosport. But however, refrained it, as there are no urgent requirements and would be waiting for the facelift. The cauvery ford bangalore sales manager gave me call last evening and is ready to give discounts up to 25k!
Just after a few weeks of the promotions, they are promoting the ecosport again! I asked the manager to give me a call when the face lift comes in, I would be interested in that, he flatly said 'Sir march 2016, come down and we could offer you bigger discounts on the existing one'

Given the fact we have to negotiate hard even for a few grands on insurance/accessories, the lavish discounts are a little fishy to me!! It indeed has given me hope, that the facelift is around the corner.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:44   #75
BHPian

This is news. I always thought that the facelift was planned for sometime next year given that the 3 launches that Ford said they'll ready are planned - Figo Aspire, Figo Ka hatch and Endeavour.

I am only hoping that Ford will not go a Hyundai route and remove the 6 airbags in the top end; to be honest, it doesn't look likely since the Figo Aspire has them and if rumors are to be believed, even the Figo Ka might get it.

Apart from the bump of power to 100 hp (similar to Aspire) any other additions / deletions that birdies are letting slip out? Push button removal is one such - but don't really know if this can happen. In my opinion, just having request sensors on the doors without a push button start doesn't make sense - so looking at it the other way round, does it mean that the request sensors will be removed too?
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks