Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 18:26   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Not height, I meant (and said) ground clearance reduction through a revised suspension setup.

Reducing the GC keeping the body shell same would result in overall height reduction as well right?
Old 25th April 2015, 12:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

The Ford EcoSport facelift, due for a scheduled launch in the first half of 2016, sees a rendering by Autos Segredos.

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-novo_ford_ecosport.jpg

Borrowing design cues from the new Ford Edge, the EcoSport facelift is speculated to come with a trapezoidal front grille, slimmer headlamp enclosures with projectors, and L-shaped foglamp sections.

SOURCE - Autos Segredos
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 12:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Ford EcoSport facelift, due for a scheduled launch in the first half of 2016, sees a rendering by Autos Segredos.

Attachment 1364136

Borrowing design cues from the new Ford Edge, the EcoSport facelift is speculated to come with a trapezoidal front grille, slimmer headlamp enclosures with projectors, and L-shaped foglamp sections.

SOURCE - Autos Segredos
Looks like its got projectors.
A good facelift IMO.
Old 25th April 2015, 15:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rendering looks good. The front looks all the more UVish with that grille.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The Ford EcoSport facelift, due for a scheduled launch in the first half of 2016, sees a rendering by Autos Segredos
Looks good.

But this totally lost the Ecosport Identity with its large front grille gone.

Headlamps and LED strips looks awesome. !!
Old 27th April 2015, 16:16   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Reducing the GC keeping the body shell same would result in overall height reduction as well right?
Overall standing height (ground-to-roof) will decrease, but in-cabin height (floor-to-roof) will remain the same. As long as the revised GC is enough to safely tackle bad roads, wouldn't a low(er) slung compact-SUV actually be more dynamically stable (assuming a well-designed suspension, of course)?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th April 2015 at 16:18.
Old 27th April 2015, 17:15   #37
BHPian

I do hope for ford's sake that they continue to offer the tailgate mounted spare (alongside this version) as it brings a certain balance to the otherwise tall and hatchback dimensioned car. One of the biggest factors going for the Ecosport is its big UVish image. Remove the spare from the back and you start losing that from the side and the back profile. It might continue to look good at the front but I feel it takes away more than it adds.
Old 28th April 2015, 08:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The EcoSport facelift is speculated to come with a trapezoidal front grille, slimmer headlamp enclosures with projectors, and L-shaped foglamp sections.

If this rendering really makes it to the production, I think I would be interested in Ecosport. My wife has been wanting to own one from a long time now.

However, the biggest thought that I have been pondering over in the recent times :

"What is this latest Fascination with L-shaped fog lamps by designers ??"

Do all auto manufacturers consult a single design agency before facelifts ??
Old 28th May 2015, 13:06   #39
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And SUV'ish looks were one of its primary competencies? This redesign takes a lot away from it. Looks are subjective for sure, but I guess some people would agree here.

People will have choices soon- with YBA, S-Cross, S101 and ix25, ruining the monopoly Ecosport had over the market. Some of the above might be priced above the Ecosport - but I think Ford also has a potential problem to deal with, not just the customers.

I'm curious though- what are the main advantages of the upcoming Ecosport compared to the existing one? I couldn't figure out many, except for a colour screen and better promised NVH. Better ride and handling is promised for Europe with 10mm less GC. But would it come to India? So in net effect- it would partially lose two of its biggest USPs- 1. SUV'ish looks and 2. GC. While gaining what?
You are spot on with all your assertions IMO. The marketplace is going to get mighty crowded very soon. Ford made some strategic missteps, it would be interesting to see how they react to the changing market realities

Choice 1- Do nothing. Tinker with discounts, decal-laden "exclusive" models et al
Choice 2- New variants. Bring one "lower variant", at least in the diesel range and maybe (I hope) a "higher" variant with EcoBoost + AT
Choice 3- Completely new range with this EcoSport without tailgate-mounted spare to run ALONG with the existing range under some nifty new moniker. Not sure how it works out financially. Surely they will need a new die for the floor-plate, something with the provision for the spare wheel in its usual place. Supply chain projections must be hell though. Considering the tough competitive scenario, Ford may not have the luxury of "producing-to-order" like they do now.

Choice 4/5/6- Forum members, what other choices do you think Ford has?

The future sure looks interesting.
Old 5th July 2015, 16:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Got these over WhatsApp. Not sure about the source of the pics.

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-forumrunner_20150705_160637.png_lr.jpg

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-forumrunner_20150705_160649.png_lr.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2015 at 20:40.
schakravarthy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 16:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ecosport Facelift Spotted

Ford seems to be readying their facelift for the Ecosport.

Spotted on GST near Chennai.

Pictures shared by Yogashankiyan on Team Fiat Moto club.

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436094678.915969.jpg

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436094698.478526.jpg

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436094714.896552.jpg

Atleast from the outside there hardly seems any changes.

The spare wheel seems to have gone into the boot and a new alloy wheel design.

The rear Ford badging has been moved from bottom left of the hatch to a more central position.

Mods pls check and let me know if a similar thread already exists.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th July 2015 at 17:09.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 17:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Got these over WhatsApp. Not sure about the source of the pics.

Attachment 1389329

Attachment 1389330
Well. this is definitely the "Creta effect". Anyway, there is a high probability that this is an export model, Removing the rear wheel is not a wise decision for India (mentality and perception), hence the deduction.

The wheels are total droolmaal.

In Short, FORD, Give us those wheels, Sunroof, Auto lights/Wipers, cruise control and you have another sales bomber ready.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 18:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ford would be better off not removing the rear mounted wheel as it has gelled well with the design and why fiddle with some thing which is liked by the masses and spoil a good looking car.

The alloy wheels look smokin hot, the previous design was good but these alloys look so much better. Give the auto lights/auto wipers, auto folding mirrors with puddle lights etc from the Fiesta, improve the ride a bit without spoiling dynamics and the facelift is good to go.
Old 6th July 2015, 18:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

I am really baffled with this design update from Ford. Cosmetically one of the main things that made Ecosport standout as a SUV despite its small size was the rear door mounted tyre. With that gone in my opinion it loses some of its SUV credentials or that whole look factor. Also practically with the wheel gone I hope its not in the boot which anyways can barely take one due to limited volume and space. Not giving a 5th wheel is also not a good idea given our road conditions and occasional punctures that do happen.

Last edited by supertinu : 6th July 2015 at 18:11.
Old 6th July 2015, 18:37   #45
BHPian

Yes, masses had accepted the design with the wheel at rear. In Europe, people actually do not like a wheel on the rear door, and to cater them, Ford has come up with this design. To beat Creta, Ford needs to do more with the design. May be they can use some lines from the upcoming Endeavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Also practically with the wheel gone I hope its not in the boot which anyways can barely take one due to limited volume and space. Not giving a 5th wheel is also not a good idea given our road conditions and occasional punctures that do happen.
I don't think Ford has omitted the 5th wheel. It will be there in the boot or under the body. No ways can they do such a blunder. If they have, then God save them!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks