Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 22:06   #76
BHPian

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
I am only hoping that Ford will not go a Hyundai route and remove the 6 airbags in the top end; to be honest, it doesn't look likely since the Figo Aspire has them and if rumors are to be believed, even the Figo Ka might get it.

Apart from the bump of power to 100 hp (similar to Aspire) any other additions / deletions that birdies are letting slip out? Push button removal is one such - but don't really know if this can happen. In my opinion, just having request sensors on the doors without a push button start doesn't make sense - so looking at it the other way round, does it mean that the request sensors will be removed too?
I think you are spot on with all your predictions/ fears. My $0.02 speculations are:
- We will get a diesel engine with the revised state of tune
- Tailgate mounted spare will remain (nobody realistically expect this hit "look" to be taken away)
- I am fairly confident prices will rise slightly across the board. S Cross and Creta has given Ford a LOT of headroom. What options do the customer have ?
- In the 1.5 P AT, I am expecting a Titatinum + trim with leather seats and other bells and whistles (and higher prices- say 13 L on road) and a lower trim with the AT and just two airbags and ABS (at slightly lower prices, say 11.25 on road)

If wishes really were horses, I would like a 1.0 Ecoboost AT (though that appears a bit far fetched)
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:55   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
- I am fairly confident prices will rise slightly across the board. S Cross and Creta has given Ford a LOT of headroom. What options do the customer have ?
Ain't that the truth. I am only hoping that the price rise will not be by a large margin. Ground clearance is something that is a must for me given the roads I travel, but if the price rise is too much, I might have to think of better (and correspondingly lengthier and costlier toll) roads and settle for the Figo Aspire.

Quote:
- In the 1.5 P AT, I am expecting a Titatinum + trim with leather seats and other bells and whistles (and higher prices- say 13 L on road) and a lower trim with the AT and just two airbags and ABS (at slightly lower prices, say 11.25 on road)

If wishes really were horses, I would like a 1.0 Ecoboost AT (though that appears a bit far fetched)
Now, this would be a dream come true - 3 auto options on the Ecosport. But, realistically, I really doubt this. Like you said, it'll most likely remain a wishlist itself.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post

Now, this would be a dream come true - 3 auto options on the Ecosport. But, realistically, I really doubt this. Like you said, it'll most likely remain a wishlist itself.
I keep hearing that Ford India's supply chain constraints on the EcoBoost engine as well as the AT transmission block has eased considerably. With some "paying around" with the feature set, it may still be possible.

And possible now, more than anytime in the past, because Creta and S Cross has given Ford at least a comfortable 1 lakh Rupees headroom to play with. I am sure they can come up with a top-spec, fully loaded, 1.0 EcoBoost at 12.75- 13 lakhs (on road) and still find takers for it. And line up the other trims below it, all the way to a bare bones 8.5 lakhs (on road). The existing 1.5 L Petrol line can continue.

Two petrol lines may be a drag on the supply chain, but given the scale of EcoSport's production, it should be manageable. Also I am presuming that their dies and bulk machinery would be almost fully depreciated (accounting-wise), and can give them some pricing leverage there as well.

ah..if wishes were horses..
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:58   #79
BHPian

Quote:
And possible now, more than anytime in the past, because Creta and S Cross has given Ford at least a comfortable 1 lakh Rupees headroom to play with. I am sure they can come up with a top-spec, fully loaded, 1.0 EcoBoost at 12.75- 13 lakhs (on road) and still find takers for it.
The difference is that, the 1.0 EcoBoost will be in 12% excise duty bracket, but what Hyundai has given for Creta is 1.6L petrol engine with about 4.3m length and hence falls in 27% excise duty bracket.
Creta petrol top version is priced at about 13.6L OTR, so the price you mentioned will be too high.
Ford will need to bring all their petrol versions, including the EcoBoost engine, under 10L ex-showroom, so the OTR comes under 12L. Priced more, the customer now has many options in the compact SUV space.
In the end, customer will care most about the money that he spends from his pocket, not the excise duty bracket or the ex-showroom delhi price.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 13:32   #80
BHPian

OTR price of around 11.5 to 12 Lakhs for a facelifted Ecosport Titanium ( 1.5 TDCi / 1.0 EcoBoost ) would be in the sweet spot.

I hope Ford takes advantage of the festive season and high waiting list for Creta to launch the product as soon as possible. I am sure it will give Creta a run for its money !!!
Old 20th September 2015, 05:49   #81
BHPian

I am planning to get the Ecosport 1.5 tdci, but the news of facelift, is causing delay in my decision. As i have not test driven the Aspire, i just want to know, how much difference does the bump from 90 of the current model, to 100 of peak power, make in the real world. As i had visited the showroom around a month back, i recieved a call from the sales person, regarding discounts and exchange offers, may it is the creta effect, or they want to clear the stocks for the facelift to be launched. When I enquired about the facelift, the response was that he didn't know, and not that it will be delayed, no time frame told. Guys any update regarding the launch date of the facelift.
Old 20th September 2015, 20:37   #82

Hi Folks,

This is my first post on Team BHP, and am immensely proud to be accepted into this community. I owned a pre K series swift zxi which was moderately modified with skirting, spoilers, and alloys, and it was a great companion until I decided to part ways with it during my move to the middle east. It's been a couple of years since the sale, and since I visit my home town often, I find myself direly in need of a vehicle for travel purposes. After numerous research and inputs from my family, to make a long story short, I have resorted to an UV type of vehicle, as hatchbacks or sedans are out of the question.

I had opted for the new age XUV500, but due to some auspicious reasons, couldn't buy the vehicle during this month, and naturally, my focus has shifted to the Ecosport. Upon enquiry at the dealer here at TVM, they no longer have the stock for Ecoboost Titanium(O) in my preferred colour, and have mentioned that we can expect the facelift version some time later this month or during the first half of the next month.

So my question is this, should I wait for the facelift, or buy one from the existing stock that doesn't meet my colour criteria and get peanuts as offers? Also, can I expect fast delivery of the vehicle, or will there be a long waiting period, as I would like to get the vehicle delivered during the second half of next month, and any further delays will result in me not being able to accept delivery of the car.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance!
Old 21st September 2015, 11:05   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Balachandar M P for sharing this information. Looks like the EcoSport will be getting the 1.5L diesel with the Aspire's state of tune (99 BHP):

Quote:
Hi,

I was interested in buying the EcoSport and since there are rumours about a facelift's launch, I kind of delayed my decision.

Based on my interaction with a Chennai dealer's SA, looks like they are planning for Trendline+ with dual airbags which could be interesting for many. The Titanium (O) might get features like rain sensing wipers, DRLs around the fog lamps etc. There will be no Ambient+. The associate said that these are just some extra features added and the expected timeframe is by next month.

So I guess it could be slated for Diwali. He specifically mentioned this is not just a facelift. The facelift involving engine tuning for more power/torque, and other things are expected only during first half of 2016.

Regards,
Balachandar
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 14:37   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinith.incorp View Post
...my question is this, should I wait for the facelift, or buy one from the existing stock that doesn't meet my colour criteria and get peanuts as offers? Also, can I expect fast delivery of the vehicle, or will there be a long waiting period, as I would like to get the vehicle delivered during the second half of next month, and any further delays will result in me not being able to accept delivery of the car....
You have the answer in the highlighted portion. Regarding the delivery, try to understand how the current stack holds and setting the expectations proper may help. Or, you could give a slightly higher booking amount to get delivery early. Please make sure you make it very clear that you'll drop the car if they don't deliver on time.

Also try & see whether you have any connections in the dealership as a reinforcement. I suggest that you don't give in to the arm twisting tactics of the dealer by adding accessories for a quicker delivery.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 17:42   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You have the answer in the highlighted portion. Regarding the delivery, try to understand how the current stack holds and setting the expectations proper may help......
Thank you for your advice, and on further discussions with the dealership, I have decided to wait it out and look at the facelift option. If it is within my prescribed budget for a sub 4m car, I will go ahead with the facelift, or else, I will stretch the budget for an XUV500. I know that both are in different leagues, but what to do, we are petrol heads after all!
Old 24th September 2015, 12:50   #86
BHPian

In the process of making the final payment for the Ecosport 1.5L AT. The sales person said that the Titanium variant is expected to get Push Button Start and no other changes/additions in the coming month.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
In the process of making the final payment for the Ecosport 1.5L AT. The sales person said that the Titanium variant is expected to get Push Button Start and no other changes/additions in the coming month.
Are you sure Ecsoport AT will get a push button start? This was my biggest grouse when I checked this car out. I mean all other variants get this feature. Makes life so convenient not to fumble with keys.
Old 26th September 2015, 01:00   #88
BHPian

One of the SA's at MPL Chennai had confirmed that the facelift version of Ecosport wil be out in next 3 months time (May be by Jan2016) with 100Hp engine.
Old 26th September 2015, 12:39   #89
BHPian

Here is the Unofficial info on the Ecosport Facelift version from chennai dealer and the SA has confirmed that it can be booked now at their dealership by paying 30K (and in case of cancellation full refund will be provided) and can expect delivery by next month end.

Relief for everyone who are expecting the facelift Ecosport!
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-1.jpg  

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-2.jpg  

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-3.jpg  

Johnnny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 13:05   #90
BHPian

Are there any mechanical updates as well?? Like retuning of the suspension etc?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed