Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 16:18   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India

What's the difference?

I am struggling to spot any, except for the color that looks straight off the S-Cross.
Old 6th October 2015, 16:53   #107
BHPian

^^ There are zero updates on the exterior anyways. Most changes are internal/interior.

The only visible change might be a lowering of the GC by 10mm, which in most likelihood would not make it to the India version.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 21:05   #108
BHPian

Latest update on the intermediate facelift i.e.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49245610.cms
Old 6th October 2015, 21:27   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Facelift teased on the Ford Ecosport Facebook Page. Link

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-neweco.jpg

So looks like it is getting DRL's? The Ecosport page in the Ford India website has also been taken down.

Edit: Update covering the expected additions from an article in Rushlane

Quote:
Speaking about the changes on board the new EcoSport, it will feature revised headlamp design with LED DRL (as seen in the teaser), it will get larger 17 inch alloys with new design, and skid plate design has also been revised. On the inside, you will see a new 4 inch colour display powered by SYNC, and a new phone dock station (as seen in the new Figo and Aspire). It also gets satellite navigation and reverse parking camera.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th October 2015 at 21:33. Reason: Additional Content
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 21:50   #110
BHPian

New Ecosport brochure

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-ecosport1.jpg

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-ecosport2.jpg

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-ecosport3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2015 at 07:21. Reason: Adding watermark
LionX is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 22:04   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Ford is being rather coy about the anticipated Ford Ecosport Facelift. They should atleast start the bookings in the month of October. Is the fear that Ecosport might cannibalise the sales of Aspire holding them back? Given the runaway success of Creta, they should capitalise on the demand for SUV's asap.
I received a call from Ford India customer care today asking for my feedback on my recent visit to Ford showroom. I enquired about the facelift version with the person who had called. They seemed to have no clue what so ever on the new version. I really wonder what Ford India is upto, not being transparent.
Old 6th October 2015, 23:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
New Ecosport brochure
Awesome share. 100 PS confirmed for the Diesel. Looks like a different map compared to new Figo.

Figo is rated at 215 Nm @ 1750 - 3000 rpm and updated EcoSport is 205 Nm @ 1750 - 3250 rpm, unless there is a typo in the brochure.

Last edited by deetjohn : 6th October 2015 at 23:56. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 00:36   #113
BHPian

Had a conversation with a SA from Kolkata today.He is quite certain that the facelifted Ecosport is going to be announced soon,most probably on October 12th.As per the discussion-
  • 100 PS diesel is confirmed,torque rating will be slightly bumped up too.
  • Whether there is any change in suspension setup,he is not sure.
  • Facelift is going to have power-retractable ORVMs (Though I could not find any mention of that in the brochure shared above).
  • Going to have goodies like rain sensing wipers,auto headlamps.
  • Titanium version to regain the engine start/stop button.
  • 2 new colour options- One like a Chocolate shade he said(I think he was referring to the colour,the picture of which has been shared by fellow BHPian PratikPatel) & a different shade of Orange.
  • Price is expected to be increased by 25-30K at the top end.
P.S.- Brochure also does not mention any news of 17" Alloys or a new 4" touchscreen.It also mentions DRLs as 'Non-LED'.The Interior pics are showing the similar silver inserts as the outgoing model.I thought that this time Ford may introduce Aspire's gloss black inserts in the Ecosport.Also a factory fitted rear-view camera in the range topping Titanium+ will be a welcome addition.
Old 7th October 2015, 00:51   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
New Ecosport brochure
Great scoop LionX. Thanks a lot.

Did the brochure not have any details on the paint shades? Is this new brown colour an addition or replaces one of the existing ones?
Old 7th October 2015, 00:59   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome scoop, so SA did let go off the main info around AT that the biggest addition is the push start stop button. I think probably will be priced at 25k premium.
Old 7th October 2015, 01:07   #116
BHPian

Couldn't help noticing that where the Ecosport's lesser siblings are getting dual airbags as standard, the current flagship product like it's ownself isn't! Like the Figo twins, I was hopeful that post-facelift Ecosport lineup would also boast of superior safety equipment but, sigh!!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 7th October 2015 at 01:08.
Old 7th October 2015, 01:30   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the brochure! The Trend+ looks to be a good variant. Most of the 'good to have' features + Ecoboost option will make it quite a viable option. For a 25K premium, the deal sounds good, though the prices are a bit high as of now.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:09   #118
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The DRLs are actually the fog lights not the led light guide which seems to be parking light addon.

17in rims may imply a harsh ride. Hence suspension upgrade is necessary but nullified.

AT never had leather or auto start. As it was only in titanium trip plus 6 airbags, tweaters and TC etc. May get start stop with revised Titanium attributes.

Earlier orangish red trim eventually did not sell in huge nos so maybe a colour revision to tweak the colour looks logical. Also metallic brown chocolate is a good addition.

Big ones are auto lights and wipers as also 4in colour display with reverse cam and satnav. Wish it could be integrated into earlier ecosport even for say 40k.

Spare wheel seems to remain.

It is good to see the details being kept back till launch.

They should to a long extended advt of figo, aspire and ecosport together. Would justify the spend better but they wont.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:28   #119
BHPian

These changes on the facelift are really subtle. Not that I'm complaining, but many will go unnoticed by the regular non-enthusiastic folks. Ford could have played around with the exteriors a little bit more in my view. Although the existing alloy wheel design is pretty eye-catching, a change in design of the alloy wheels would have helped a long way in this matter. They could have chosen the ones available on the European Ecosport. They look pretty neat.

Scoop: 2015 Ford EcoSport facelift spotted testing in India-fordecosporteurope2.jpg

A very novice query from my side, any possibility of a diesel automatic anytime in the near future?
Old 7th October 2015, 08:57   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It is good to see the details being kept back till launch.
Not sure if you scrolled up and saw but the entire brochure is attached on top. No details are being kept back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
17in rims may imply a harsh ride. Hence suspension upgrade is necessary but nullified.

Big ones are auto lights and wipers as also 4in colour display with reverse cam and satnav. Wish it could be integrated into earlier ecosport even for say 40k.
If you see the brochure on top, there are no 17 inch alloy wheels. The alloys remain the same as before. That was some wrong info by the dealer.

Same goes for the 4in colour display, reverse camera and sat nav. None of these are going to be there. The only change is the SYNC system that supports app link just like the facelifted Fiesta. The ECosport got that few months back.

Quote:
AT never had leather or auto start. As it was only in titanium trip plus 6 airbags, tweaters and TC etc. May get start stop with revised Titanium attributes.
Yup. Looks like the Titanium now gets start stop button for AT as well as MT.

Earlier the Titanium + had leather seats, 6 airbags and start/stop. The feature difference was not enough for people to jump to Titanium +. Which is why they removed the start/stop from the Titanium and kept it exclusive to Titanium +.

Now Titanium gets start/stop but the Titanium + gets auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, auto dimming IRVM and DRL in fog lamps along with the leather and 6 airbags.

From all this I just want the 100PS tune in my diesel Ecosport and the auto dimming IRVM.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks