Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 14:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Updated Mahindra XUV5OO caught testing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Mahindra I am really disappointed with this front look. If properly designed from front and back this SUV can have much better looks. Please make it more simple and sober from front
I doubt it would work.

When XUV was launched, I was very disappointed with the overstyling. But then online, I could see fans going ga-ga over the whiskers, paw prints and general heavy design. They were actually calling it the 'cheetah'.

Even this look, I believe, is more sober than the original. Not nearly enough. They could do with just erasing all the creases and cuts and slashes to make it look international but I doubt they would dare.
lawdgawd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 15:46   #17
BANNED

One car cannot satisfy all types of customers.

Some may like more sporty looks, some may like elegant designs.
Some may like over-done styling, some may like understated design.
Some may like SUV-like high stance, some may like low-slung designs.

So, what's the solution in front of car manufacturers? Launch 2/3 models in each segment, each one follows one of those different styling aspects.

IMO, XUV in the current avatar is an over-done car. The new one looks more matured.
Old 8th April 2015, 16:56   #18
BHPian

Adding another rendering of the facelift. This is by Indian Autos Blog...

The Link...http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/2015-mahindra-xuv500-facelift-rendering-17Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-2015mahindraxuv500facelift.jpg5625
Seran Manian is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Though the changes are not radical, the cheetah looks more matured than the existing one. Any update ( pics) on the new dashboard and infotainment system ?
Old 13th April 2015, 11:26   #20

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Xylo, Scorpio or XUV 500 be it initial or facelifted models, Mahindra's habit of going overboard with their cars continue. However, this XUV facelift is cleaner than what they had done to other cars specially Xylo
Old 13th April 2015, 12:29   #21
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Good effort to make it look less fussy.

I hope the interiors also get a Scorpio like treatment. I seriously dislike the felt in the internals and also the shiny maroon bits. The worst of it all is those hideous multicolor lights in the dash (with the red ambient glo).

Last edited by acidkill : 13th April 2015 at 12:33.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 15:51   #22
BHPian

Should be easy to identify the changes that the XUV facelift will have.
Looks like everything that Mahindra had camouflaged in the test mule will be changed (almost as if they wanted to highlight all the changes they are making in the facelift.)

We have already seen changes to the whiskers, the alloys, new headlamps with DRLs, front fog lamp replacements and the subtle changes on the rear end.

Based on the camouflaging, it seems the other changes will be on the keyless entry front doors, the doing-away of the shiny metal inserts on the dash, and changes to the steering wheel.
nishsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 11:30   #23
BHPian

To each their own! When the world is moving to a sharper minimalistic design,wonder why Mahindra chose to overdo an already overdone design.

Especially at a time when TATA is making all the right design moves
Old 15th April 2015, 11:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think the cromes around the fogs need to be removed and maybe a stylist DRL added. I know the headlight has one, but having two which go along with each other and add to the style will be a new revolution.
Old 17th April 2015, 23:48   #25
BHPian

I was looking to book an XUV but put it on hold after reading news about the facelift launch. Today the sales guy called and I told him that I have put my purchase on hold till the facelift launch. He acknowledged the impending launch and told me that it is expected on 26th April. Anyone else heard about the launch date?
WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 13:38   #26

I believe M&M might be looking at adding another variant aka W10, similar to the lines of the variants in the Scorpio. The fully mega loaded version, and this may include all the bells and fancy features showcased in the Xclusive version.

This should provide M&M chance to offer more variety in terms of features in the existing models and provide a better range in the feature list with the upcoming facelift.
Old 18th April 2015, 16:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
I was looking to book an XUV but put it on hold after reading news about the facelift launch. Today the sales guy called and I told him that I have put my purchase on hold till the facelift launch. He acknowledged the impending launch and told me that it is expected on 26th April. Anyone else heard about the launch date?
Hope the expected date is true or atleast nearby, Dealers in mumbai are really tight lipped about the facelift launch,i am waiting for it past 2 months just to see what more it will offer and if its good ill mostly endup buying another xuv
Old 18th April 2015, 18:33   #28
BHPian

With the facelift we may also get an auto transmission as tweeted by Renuka Kriplani of Autocar India. Well in fact she has tweeted that for sure we will get an auto transmission on the XUV and two other Mahindra SUVs.
Old 18th April 2015, 22:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hope the expected date is true or atleast nearby, Dealers in mumbai are really tight lipped about the facelift launch,i am waiting for it past 2 months just to see what more it will offer and if its good ill mostly endup buying another xuv
I almost wrote the check and was negotiating with two dealers in Chennai and that was when I came across the new images of facelift and it is actually getting launched. So, I held back. While one dealer confirmed the launch date as 26th April the other tells me it would be sometime in October/November. That was why I wanted to hear from others.
Old 20th April 2015, 21:13   #30
BHPian

I also heard this october story from the dealer. But a possible big clue to the impending launch is the creation of this recent special edition xuv. I am sure a lot stocks have been cleared to make way for the launch of the refresh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks