Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:02   #46
M35
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

• Meaningful updates/upgrades overall, based on customer feedback. Way to go.
  • The dash looks cleaner and more matured with components well integrated. Do I see a balck/grey-Beige treatment ?
Having said that, I seriously wish that chrome thing around the fog lamps, an aftermarket fitment/accessory.
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:06   #47
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

The changes to the hood and the fog lamps lends it a MUVish impression IMHO, the earlier design looked much more 'strong faced' if I may.
The changes to the interior seem to be the much required ones!
Mcroadster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I did a quick chop on what mods can be done to tone down the fog lamp area garnish.
IMO, the vehicle looks a lot better now, and i dare say, Prado-ish in appearance.

Attachment 1363609
Completely Agree !! It looks way better after chopping. I would say that this should have provided it as an accessory instead.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:40   #49
BHPian

Too much of chrome, to fit my liking. And the bonnet looks a tad plain Jane. The bumper design looks great, way more auxiliary light friendly. Different alloys, and they look great (at least from whats visible)The cherry however is the removal of the reflective cover on the central console. It was a huge irritant. I would have given a 10+ for a all black interior though. Sigh! Its the world of beige's and browns, nowadays.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Tata could definitely learn something here. THIS is how you take customer feedback into account and try to improve a product!

I think the front is most definitely a welcome change for all as the mesh was an overkill in the earlier version.

The way they redesigned the dashboard is also great. All in all, good job Mahindra!

PS: Why can't the designers from Mahindra be poached by Tata :P
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:01   #51
BHPian

Thank you for the scoop pictures! Are there any inputs on suspension updates, automatic transmission or other such significant mechanical/ electrical improvements in the facelift?
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
That is it! Mahindra XUV500 Facelift

A big thank you to Rajdeep Singh for sending these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Attachment 1363590

Attachment 1363591

Attachment 1363593

Attachment 1363594

Attachment 1363595

I like playing spot the difference

1. Notice the beige year the glove compartment and footwell. The dash board is two tone now. Same for the door pads
2. The hoodie on top of the central display seems to be one single integrated unit from left to right. So hopefully all the shininess on the dash is gone.
3. Plus is think the side air blowers are not of a different color anymore
4. Design of the gear lever has changed
5. Seats are now single color and not two tone
6. Touchscreen is bigger
7. Differences in chrome lining of buttons on the dash

Last edited by acidkill : 23rd April 2015 at 12:03.
acidkill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Thanks Aditya for the clear pics.

Few changes that I noticed (and not mentioned in the news article).
@SDP : Bulls eye. I think they have done just the right things which could have only happened in a facelift.
1. The silver strip and gloassy finished area above the centre console which used to reflect directly into the windscreen on sunny days. I have always felt that silver strip to be unnecessary and wondered why it wasnt given a matte finish.

2. The cover right on top of the steering console. The effort sorting that issue has been terrible, i had to get the service guys push in a rubber insert to handle the ressonance/vibration.

3. Infotainment Display. The screen was almost invisible on bright sunny days and have always wondered why they didnt think well like the Ford guys who did a good job in hiding the infotainment display from sunlight.

Great work. and the new grille like that of the refreshed scorpio is really giving an idea of probable grille designs of upcoming Mahindras.

Cheers !!
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:32   #54
BHPian

As with all recent Mahindra facelifts, I believe this will look much, much better in flesh than in the photos.

Looking at the pictures, the chrome detailing looked garish at first, but in the close- up, it looks really good.

This seems to be a substantial revision, and I am almost sure the Storme facelift is going to be buried without trace in the interest that this XUV facelift generates.
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:43   #55
BHPian

firstly thank you Rajdeep Singh for the pictures. The new XUV looks nice waiting for it to come with an automatic transmission. And i hope they give all the frills as well
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:45   #56
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
I like playing spot the difference

1. Notice the beige year the glove compartment and footwell. The dash board is two tone now. Same for the door pads
The dash was always two tone. With this black and beige theme, now the contrast between the two tones is much more.

Quote:
2. The hoodie on top of the central display seems to be one single integrated unit from left to right. So hopefully all the shininess on the dash is gone.
I doubt it would be a single integrated piece. The top-center portion needs to be taken off to access the inside of the infotainment unit. I doubt they would change that.

Quote:
4. Design of the gear lever has changed
Looks the same to me. What difference did you notice?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 14:10   #57
BHPian

Though looks are subjective but this one looks a little mellowed down in comparison to the current version.

1. The bonnet in conjunction with the grill looks more like of a hatchback than being SUVish.

2. The creases on centre along have moved to the sides and the raised bonnet which used to give an aggressive stance to the XUV is not there now.

3. The black plastic and the chrome accents on the fog lights looks like a last minute touch-up job.

4. The cowl over the touch screen and the dials look to be integrated and more in line with the rest of the dash and are giving a premium look.

5. The re-designed headlights with the DRL tube running through look more appropriate than the current one’s.

But then all these seem to be just cosmetic changes, what other updates/changes in the mechanical department can we expect from Mahindra.

Last but not the least, Mahindra at least seems to have worked positively on the customer feedback in contrast to its competitors who just prefer to shun the feedback and move on.
luvtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 14:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

I didnt mind previous bumper nor do i mind this new one. They both look ok. However i didnt like the bonnet and would any day prefer the old one, older looked more sporty to me. Mahindra did a great job in interiors from what i can see in the pics. Thank god they solved that reflection from dashboard.

Oh not to forget, what the hell is wrong with mahindra and their love for chrome. As it is they had tons of chrome as accessories that they now decided to add some more and this time as standard to XUV This is a car not a mirror on wheels mahindra.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
The dash was always two tone. With this black and beige theme, now the contrast between the two tones is much more.

I doubt it would be a single integrated piece. The top-center portion needs to be taken off to access the inside of the infotainment unit. I doubt they would change that.

Looks the same to me. What difference did you notice?
1. Yes the contrast is more and for the better. There earlier one wasn't as much two tone as it was too many tones
3. Utility part, you can be right. Otherwise seems to have that unibody effect
2. Gear Lever looks more butch in proportion to me

Anyways... thats the fun of suspense. And am quite happy its more grown up.

Last edited by acidkill : 23rd April 2015 at 15:29.
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:30   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Didn't the opulent purple colour come with black and brown interior scheme? I am seeing a lot of beige inside for this opulent purple.

I hope that the darker colour theme has not been stopped in favour of beige only. I hated the beige and brown theme.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed