Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Liked the facelift, the front look is more mature now like said above its more like prado ish, which is good in a way, hope they launch the auto too and with a sunroof would be a nice addon
Fingers crossed
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:03   #62
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Didn't the opulent purple colour come with black and brown interior scheme? I am seeing a lot of beige inside for this opulent purple.

I hope that the darker colour theme has not been stopped in favour of beige only. I hated the beige and brown theme.
Yes, the Opulent Purple does come with Black interiors currently.
Mahindra has black and walnut interiors. The "Black interior" is actually dual-done with black+plum. Similarly the "Walnut interior" is also dual-done with beige+plum.
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-xuv-interior.jpg

The walnut interiors were (thankfully) offered only in Satin White and Volcano Black exterior colors. That actually helped me to rule out these 2 exterior colors right upfront.

With the introduction of the lower variant W4, they have made it more complex by offering walnut interiors on Moondust Silver and Dolphin Grey exteriors ...but only on W4.
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-xuv-colors-2.jpg

Now with the facelift, they seemed to have done a mix-and-match job of the 2 interior themes... Black and Beige!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:12   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

The facelift is nice.
But what the XUV needs is a back-lift
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I loved the facelift.
And is that fabric seats on the top end model?
Yes raj_5004, agree with your observations. However, the version seen here may be a mid variant as the touch sensor for key less entry is not visible on the driver's side door, whereas one of the spy pictures had the sensor visible.

The leather seats / sunroof / push button start-stop system may be made available on the W10 version that was being speculated in the earlier pages.

I like it that the opulent purple color is available in the facelift as well.

Finally, a big thanks to Rajdeep and Aditya for bringing these pictures to us.

Last edited by uday.ere : 23rd April 2015 at 16:18.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

This car has so much potential to be a better looker but Mahindra manages to disappoint us again and again imho.

1.The headlights look like aftermarket units, the curved led strip is looking odd.

2.The current alloys look more `aggressive`.

3.The chrome fog light unit is too garish, they should just give it as an aftermarket option to those who want something like that.

The interior changes look good ,will wait for better pictures.
Btw why no pics of the back ? Am sure they must have made some changes.
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:03   #66
BHPian

The new one doesn't look like a Cheetah. I like the old hood, bumper and wheels.
New interior changes are looking good.

Overall I am happy with the current one and now I can peacefully wait & hope for a better face lift around 2018.

Last edited by Twiny : 23rd April 2015 at 17:10.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:05   #67
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Looks like even the design of the paw style door handles has been tweaked a bit.

Old Design:
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-xuv-doorhandles.jpg

New Design:
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-xuv-img_20150422_170433.jpg
SDP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Looks like even the design of the paw style door handles has been tweaked a bit.

Old Design:
Attachment 1363724

New Design:
Attachment 1363725
Good catch there SDP I think when we saw a camouflaged car, we might have mistaken it to the key-less entry, instead they had camouflaged to hide this new design of the door handles.

I am still not able to figure out how this key-less entry works and the main difference between start stop button and a normal ignition. How much effort is it for the manufacturer to include this key-less entry in a car compared to the other?

EDIT: Sorry my bad, just I went back to the thread of the spy shots and found that it has a keyless entry mechanism and the door handles looks different. Here is the link for the two types of door handles

New Design

Old Design

Last edited by fusionbang : 23rd April 2015 at 17:38. Reason: To update the post
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:10   #69
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am still not able to figure out how this key-less entry works and the main difference between start stop button and a normal ignition. How much effort is it for the manufacturer to include this key-less entry in a car compared to the other?
Key-less entry : with the key in your pocket, just press the small black button on the paw handle and the car would unlock.

Start-Stop : This function stops the engine at traffic lights if you switch to Neutral and lift your foot off the clutch. It starts the engine again, when you press the clutch.

Start-Stop exists even today. What is expected is a "engine start" button somewhere on the dash, which would enable you to start to engine by just pressing that button (instead of inserting the key in the key-hole and twisting it).

Last edited by SDP : 23rd April 2015 at 18:12.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 19:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Key-less entry : with the key in your pocket, just press the small black button on the paw handle and the car would unlock.

Start-Stop : This function stops the engine at traffic lights if you switch to Neutral and lift your foot off the clutch. It starts the engine again, when you press the clutch.

Start-Stop exists even today. What is expected is a "engine start" button somewhere on the dash, which would enable you to start to engine by just pressing that button (instead of inserting the key in the key-hole and twisting it).
Thanks SDP for the clarifications. But I dint put the question properly, I was referring to engine start button associated with the key-less entry. I wanted to understand how it works compared to the normal ignition system. Anyway will google it and try to understand

So as some of them mentioned, there might be chances that W10 version would be launched with all the features like key-less entry, sunroof, electrically adjustable seats and remaining features of W8, whereas the other models might continue with the existing features in the new avatar.
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to understand how it works compared to the normal ignition system.
Please watch the below YouTube video

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I think when we saw a camouflaged car, we might have mistaken it to the key-less entry, instead they had camouflaged to hide this new design of the door handles.
I think its indeed a smart entry feature. Camouflage should have been there on all 4 doors, if it was a new design for the door handles. isn't it ?
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I think its indeed a smart entry feature. Camouflage should have been there on all 4 doors, if it was a new design for the door handles. isn't it ?
Yes you are right, its indeed a smart entry feature. I saw the images again and confirmed later, hence updated my post again to update the same
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:00   #74
BHPian

Honestly to me the XUV 5OO facelift looks tacky at best.Mahindra design team needs to do a serious rethink when it comes to facelifts.They did the same with Scorpio(Front was OK but the rear was overkill).Adding generous dose of chrome or putting additional creases may not always be the best way of doing facelifts. They can surely borrow some design cues from manufacturers like Range Rover who have a very keen sense of aesthetics.
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:28   #75
BHPian

My observations:

- The comb on (honey)comb grill is better, well, at least relatively.
- Overkill of chrome around foglamps. Not so nice
- The bumpers are cured off skin disease. Welcome, welcome!!
- If that freehand curvature line in headlights is DRL, it would be refreshing.
- Good riddance of the reflective silver bars in the cabin.
- New bonnet looks nice as well.

Overall, a nice job! I like it!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed