Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 00:13   #76
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

When is this refresh expected to reach dealers?
Old 24th April 2015, 09:19   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The facelift is nice.
But what the XUV needs is a back-lift
True, they really needed to get rid of the mustache!
I was expecting the following chnages
  • Spider web like vents making way for more conventional air vents
  • Wodden texture on the dash making way for conventional texture
  • Soft (fabric like) materials on the inner roof lining

New hood covering the center entertainment cluster is protruding and is a potential safety hazard. IMHO this is where Mahidra (or Tata) needs to learn. It is better to follow the well set norms then trying to do something new and radical, becasue you really dont know the implecations.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:11   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
New hood covering the center entertainment cluster is protruding and is a potential safety hazard. IMHO this is where Mahidra (or Tata) needs to learn. It is better to follow the well set norms then trying to do something new and radical, becasue you really dont know the implecations.
Care to enlighten us regarding the safety hazard and the related implications?
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Care to enlighten us regarding the safety hazard and the related implications?
If you look at cars from established players, they take care that there are no sharp edges or unnecessary protrusions on the dashbord, as they can casue injury in case of a collision. It is becasue of the same reason many cars have soft touch materials on the dash instead of hard plastics.
Old 24th April 2015, 12:15   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Didn't the opulent purple colour come with black and brown interior scheme? I am seeing a lot of beige inside for this opulent purple.

I hope that the darker colour theme has not been stopped in favour of beige only. I hated the beige and brown theme.
Even my grey, has black and brown. The seats look horrible, so does the dash. How I wish it was all black.
Old 24th April 2015, 12:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
If you look at cars from established players, they take care that there are no sharp edges or unnecessary protrusions on the dashbord, as they can casue injury in case of a collision. It is becasue of the same reason many cars have soft touch materials on the dash instead of hard plastics.
I beg to differ here. Even many so called established players have such hooded design for the ICE Nav display. Moreover, the protrusion of the hood seems to be within the overall front line of the various controls and knobs. Calling this a safety hazard is a bit too far in my view. Otherwise, even the gear lever or the steering wheel can be called a hazard, as in case of a collision the chance of someone hitting the steering wheel is much more than hitting the centrally positioned ICE hood. Only because it is from a homegrown manufacturer, calling it a safety hazard even without sitting inside to experience the positioning, is not fair IMHO.

And I don't think the soft touch dash in cars is there as a safety feature. It's more of a feel good feature given to provide an upmarket feel than anything else.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 12:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks SDP for the clarifications. But I dint put the question properly, I was referring to engine start button associated with the key-less entry. I wanted to understand how it works compared to the normal ignition system.
The main reason behind keyless entry and engine push button start stop is you don't need to use the key to enter or start the car. Once the sensor is in your pocket you just pull the door handle enter the car and push the engine start button and carry on.

You will need the sensor only while locking the car when you exit from it.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Otherwise, even the gear lever or the steering wheel can be called a hazard, as in case of a collision the chance of someone hitting the steering wheel is much more than hitting the centrally positioned ICE hood.
That's why you have an airbag on the steering wheel (not all cars, in India).
Old 24th April 2015, 15:14   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So should the Cruze be recalled in USA since it has a hooded centre console?

The new Santa Fe is even worse it has a hood with sharp edges on both sides.

BMW's older 5 series had a massive hood over the centre iDrive system.

Sorry but your logic is flawed in this case. I don't see anything in the XUV interior dashboard design that is different vs the any established player.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 15:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So should the Cruze be recalled in USA since it has a hooded centre console?

The new Santa Fe is even worse it has a hood with sharp edges on both sides.

BMW's older 5 series had a massive hood over the centre iDrive system.

Sorry but your logic is flawed in this case. I don't see anything in the XUV interior dashboard design that is different vs the any established player.
Sure, that is my view, you may find it flawed.
I know there are international models models with protrusions. It is not that they cannot go overboard.
I also believe that various attachments (like phone holder) which are stuck on the windscreen/dash are potential safety hazard but they are widely used.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2015 at 09:30. Reason: Language
Guna is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th April 2015, 16:12   #86
BHPian

nice looks here. I like the new alloys and new lights upfront. But too much chrome, especially around the fog lamp area (personal preferences).

Any ideas when is this expected to be available? a friend is in the market for XUV and if this one is around the corner might make sense to wait and check this one out as well.

Cheers,
SK
Old 24th April 2015, 16:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
When is this refresh expected to reach dealers?
The updated XUV500 is rumored to be be launched in the month of May, 2015, so it should reach the dealers around mid May. Going by Mahindra's history, it should not be delayed beyond the end of May.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:13   #88
BHPian

Ok - just went through the pictures properly. Had been through them only when SDP had shared them on our TBHP whatsapp group.

For starters, I love the fact that the grille does not cut into the hood now. It gave it a snout earlier (think green piggy from Angry Birds) . Also, when people decided to swap the grille for a cheese-grater; plethora of those around in Mumbai, it just looked so out of place. That grille with the chrome on the slats is very Scorpio-esque and look much much better.

Second, this might just be because of the angle of the picture, but the wheels seem weirdly smaller than the current ones. This might also be due to the fact that the current W8 wheels have a nice and simple 5-Spoke design. The clutter might be causing it to look smaller.

Third, have always maintained that the XUV screams for the spare wheel to be on the boot. I understand it might not be feasible for a million logical reasons, but then - what was the last time you saw logic from Mahindra (read: Verito Vibe)

Also, the interior seems very nice in pictures. Have passed out in the rear seat of an XUV after an exhausting trek and I can confirm that it is indeed a wonderfully comfortable place to pass out in. And the XUV could do with an all-black interior with silver panels, would look amazing!

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 20:41   #89
BHPian

Somehow Mahindra always find some body parts in their vehicles to do put something hideous. Looks like there is some particular individual in the design team who puts his trademark gaudy stuff to a properly designed car just before production.
The Walrus tooth, Whiskers and now the odd Fog lamps and DRLS.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 16:11   #90
Senior - BHPian

Given that I recently bought a XUV, heres my as much as possible unbiased opinion about the facelift
  • The new light looks better with more bling. Hopefully that line running in the middle is a DRL, then it would certainly standout
  • The raised foglamps look out of place to me. Somehow the design doesnt look cohesive
  • The new alloys are missing the ruggedness of the earlier alloys. They are ok otherwise
  • Larger screen for the infotainment is always better. However I hope it doesnt come with its own new set of teething issues
  • New grill is very similar to Scorpio. I prefer the older one over it
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks