Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 14:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I was offered 57K discount on the OTR price for W6 along with side steps worth 13K and side strips worth 7K and rear guard worth 7K as free accessories. These were openly offered, I am sure a little more bargaining I can get a reverse parking camera worth 7K for free.
Sounds slightly more than what I managed on my W8 during end of March time frame. Btw with respect to the accessories these prices seem a bit jacked up. The side step is Rs 9.5K, rear guard is Rs4.7K and the reverse cam is 3K.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 15:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
I was offered 57K discount on the OTR price for W6 along with side steps worth 13K and side strips worth 7K and rear guard worth 7K as free accessories. These were openly offered, I am sure a little more bargaining I can get a reverse parking camera worth 7K for free.
That's a fantastic deal you have got. After a bit of bargaining all I could get is Rs.32500 cash discount on a W8 OTR price. Can you share the details of the showroom and the month you got this offer? TIA

Last edited by smrtdvl : 30th April 2015 at 15:59.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:15   #108
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sounds slightly more than what I managed on my W8
Thanks Supertinu. I think the dealer wanted to show he's giving freebies worth 20K. With the quotes you have given I can recheck with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
That's a fantastic deal you have got.
OTR W6 in Bangalore is 15.57L, he rounded it to 15L and additionally the free accessories. Both major dealers in Bangalore are quoting pretty much the same. This was 2 weeks back.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:24   #109
BHPian

Quote:
and the reverse cam is 3K.
3k reverse camera is for w8 as it already has inbuilt colour display whereas for w6 there is a small screen along with the camera.
rahul_kej is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 20:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Not to beat you down further on your comment . I totally agree that Tata has certainly made significant improvements on Zest compared to all earlier generations and no reason why Mahindra cant do that if they put the right focus and energy on it. However I always wonder how product dev works in automobile industry since I come from semicon world. If I look at XUV as a 17lac product when i was buying, I looked at multiple factors like build quality, engine, safety features, other gizmos, interiors, space and was able to justify the price in my head, ofcourse the interiors were not at that level but then there is always some tradeoffs. I think black looks better and not as tacky as the beige one, if only they had better texture. Attaching a pic of my car. Btw when I had looked at the details of Hyundai SantaFe I hardly see any features that are not present on a XUV W8, so only value add would be better interior quality
Agree with you on several counts.

I do think that the design language is improving, as in, when you look at the Scorpio refresh. So it does give me some hope that something good is on the way. But real credit to Hyundai - they are setting the benchmark on interior expectations these days, whatever be the segment they play in.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 22:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Supertinu. I think the dealer wanted to show he's giving freebies worth 20K. With the quotes you have given I can recheck with them.

OTR W6 in Bangalore is 15.57L, he rounded it to 15L and additionally the free accessories. Both major dealers in Bangalore are quoting pretty much the same. This was 2 weeks back.
Price seems to have increased a bit. I remem getting 14.89 lac as the discounted price for W6 and 16.78 for W8. Btw do give a special note to how they calc the total price. dealers at times by default include the extended warranty in the total price to make the discount look bigger when in reality they never offer that for free . Also dealers in Bangalore give free insurance but what they really do is discount insurance price from exshowroom which helps reducing tax as well. You can decline there insurance and get one from outside at lower price and get some more saving. If you have NCB then even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
3k reverse camera is for w8 as it already has inbuilt colour display whereas for w6 there is a small screen along with the camera.
Spot on. I totally missed that point.
Old 1st May 2015, 11:23   #112
BHPian

Seems like the Cheetah is now tamed. Looks like a heavy influence from the sister company and I feel the Cheetah now looks more like the little sibling of the elder brother Rexton. One of the main USPs of the current XUV is its in your face Macho appeal (not to everyone's taste though). This update looks much tonned down compared to that. Would reserve my final opinion till the time I see it in flesh.

However, just 2 points :
- If they are planning to go Black and Beige as standard interior color scheme, then I hope it's a proper beige and not walnut.
- Chrome around the fog lamps is a major over kill. I hope it's part of an optional package and not standard fitting.
Old 2nd May 2015, 23:51   #113
BHPian

Came to know from a trusted source that Mahindra is doing away with Opulent Purple and Arctic Blue colours. Any update on the launch dates of the face lift.
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Came to know from a trusted source that Mahindra is doing away with Opulent Purple and Arctic Blue colours. Any update on the launch dates of the face lift.
That's an irony as the spy shots of XUV facelift revealed are of purple colour. May be Mahindra might remove the word opulent but purple will be there as its one of the most liked colours on this beast. Can't say about arctic blue though.

Nothing confirmed about launch date yet, mostly May is the launch month.
Old 5th May 2015, 21:31   #115
BHPian

Quote:
That's a fantastic deal you have got. After a bit of bargaining all I could get is Rs.32500 cash discount on a W8 OTR price. Can you share the details of the showroom and the month you got this offer? TIA
Not sure if you already bought your cheetah. From my experience, I have found that the dealer in Coimbatore isn't good in offering discount when compared to dealers in Chennai and other metros. If you want a good deal, you may have to buy it in Chennai and get it registered in Coimbatore. Bit of a hassle though as you need to get a temp registration and then get a permanent one.
Old 6th May 2015, 12:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
Not sure if you already bought your cheetah.
Booked a purple W8 and should be taking delivery of the same by Friday. I think I got a better deal compared to a friend of mine. Was in no mood to go through the temp registration process hence closed the deal with a cash discount of Rs.19500 and few free accessories.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 14:47   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a purple W8 and should be taking delivery of the same by Friday.
Congrats smrtdvl. Looking forward for your initial ownership.

Got to know the dealers have been invited to Pune the week of 11th May for training on the facelift version. The expected launch date is being rumored to be 20th May.
Prash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 21:19   #118
BHPian

I too booked a purple W8 on 24th Apr. I could not take delivery yet due to my travel plans. Will be doing that on Sat, 9th May. A big thank you to this forum for helping me with all the information needed to make up my mind to purchase XUV.

I made the decision to buy the vehicle in Dec 2014 itself, but had been waiting for the facelift. Somehow the tamed design did not go well with my taste. I like the initial design over the facelift. Once I saw the face lift pictures in this forum, decision was easy.
Old 8th May 2015, 17:19   #119
Senior - BHPian

Got to know from one of the trusted dealers that the training program is scheduled in 2 batches from 11th - 16th May,2015 and 18th - 23rd May,2015 for all sales and service advisers respectively.

Hence the launch may be scheduled for 25th may, 2015 once the training is completed.

And I was also informed that across Bangalore, existing stocks of W6 are almost Nill and very few W8's are available. This confirms 90% chances of the launch of new face-lift by this month end.
Old 9th May 2015, 13:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: I had been to a dealer here in Bangalore to check on XUV5OO W6 model and I was offered a OTR of 14.66lac with insurance on me. But when I enquired about the facelift, I was informed that W10 is on the cards and which will be all wheel drive with all bells and whistles.

Whereas the existing models will not come with the facelifted design and I was like what the heck then I realised it was a gimmick by the executive to push me on the existing stocks and came out of the showroom gathering the required information.

Guys can you please help me in deciding if I should go for the facelifted model or go ahead with the existing model as I will not be entitled to any discounts once the facelift is launched, which is the only worry for me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks