Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 15:43   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Guys, finally took the plunge and booked the cheetah(existing model) - XUV5OO W6 at Anant Cars, Mysore Road.

OTR - 14.92lac
Discounts - 62K

I am yet to proceed on the payment, as I am looking for finance which would take some time. I was promised to get good accessories by the executive during deliver,

I am planning to ask him for the below,

1. Body Cover
2. Mats
3. Side moulding
4. Door visors

Can anybody suggest what else can i bargain for which should be worth, as I am not a fan of chrome and I don't need the side steps.

Thanks in advance:-)
Congrats on taking the call. Personally I dont see any value with having car covers. I have nevers used on my previous cars. Items to get would be side step, rear bumper guard, rev cam is very useful, plus for little bit of bling get the chrome for front grill. It its not too flashy and looks classy in my opinion.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 15:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats on taking the call. Personally I dont see any value with having car covers. I have nevers used on my previous cars. Items to get would be side step, rear bumper guard, rev cam is very useful, plus for little bit of bling get the chrome for front grill. It its not too flashy and looks classy in my opinion.
Thanks supertinu:-)

I am considering car cover as I don't have a covered parking and too many little one's play on the street and it will be more prone to scratches. And I think it's better to ask for side step,rear bumper guard and reverse camera also mats.

But the sales executive says rear camera with mirror option cannot be provided, probably i need to negotiate more on that. Is it available with the dealer? Also on chrome, what have you got in your car??
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 16:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks supertinu:-)

I am considering car cover as I don't have a covered parking and too many little one's play on the street and it will be more prone to scratches. And I think it's better to ask for side step,rear bumper guard and reverse camera also mats.

But the sales executive says rear camera with mirror option cannot be provided, probably i need to negotiate more on that. Is it available with the dealer? Also on chrome, what have you got in your car??
Putting cover on XUV would easily be a 2 man job . Be ready for that

I got a W8 so i only needed the cam and it was integrated into the infotainment display. For W6 the dealer will sell separate screen it costs more. I have not heard dealers selling mirror option. If you want that then go for it outside rather than through dealer. I am not a big fan of chrome, so I only got the front grill strip. Its only a strip on the top and looks good. Which color are you getting? mine is Silver, so looks even better.

Check the link below for pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3674977

Last edited by supertinu : 12th May 2015 at 17:01.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:09   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I am in the same situation as you. I was offered 50k discount plus free accessories worth 10k by a dealer here in HP in March. But I honestly think the refreshed version with better interiors and a few improvements will compensate for the 50k in the longer run. The resale value for one would be higher for the refreshed version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
I'm in the same boat as you both. The dealer said its the W10 that's debuting and no facelift for existing variants. I still think it's a gimmick to clear their existing stock.
I have decided to wait for the refresh mainly hoping for some upgrades to sort out the current niggles and the new model factor which brings in better resale value.
Me too going through the same dilemma now. Was looking for a pre owned/worshiped model but have decided to put it on hold till the updated version is launched. Maybe some existing models will be left which`ll go with good discounts and also the used car market will see more XUV`s with better prices. Just hope the news about the facelift getting launched this month is true.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:10   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Putting cover on XUV would easily be a 2 man job . Be ready for that

I got a W8 so i only needed the cam and it was integrated into the infotainment display. For W6 the dealer will sell separate screen it costs more. I have not heard dealers selling mirror option. If you want that then go for it outside rather than through dealer. I am not a big fan of chrome, so I only got the front grill strip. Its only a strip on the top and looks good. Which color are you getting? mine is Silver, so looks even better.

Check the link below for pics

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3674977
Thanks for the link Even I have booked Silver. I will negotiate with him for maximum, let me see how much I can get as I am very bad in negotiating. And yes, the front grill strip looks great on silver.
Old 12th May 2015, 18:40   #141
BHPian

Quote:
For W6 the dealer will sell separate screen it costs more. I have not heard dealers selling mirror option. If you want that then go for it outside rather than through dealer.
Dealers have both options one with reverse parking on the rear view mirror and the separate screen which can be mounted since W6 has monochrome infotainment screen. I was told Option 1 will cost ~7K.
Old 13th May 2015, 10:54   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2015 XUV 500 facelift will be launched on May 25th, as per NDTV Auto.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 11:11   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The link says the changes will be "strictly cosmetic" - I hope that isn't the case.. This was their chance to tweak the suspension - hope they address that, at least to some extent.

Also, the link mentions that the interiors will undergo some changes to make it more "upmarket" . Hope upmarket doesn't mean more beige!!
Old 13th May 2015, 11:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Doesn't talk about the AT or the W10. Car Trade says a new purple color might be in offering which was seen in the scoops. I though that was the regular Opulent Purple.
Old 13th May 2015, 20:53   #145
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
The link says the changes will be "strictly cosmetic" - I hope that isn't the case.. This was their chance to tweak the suspension - hope they address that, at least to some extent.

Also, the link mentions that the interiors will undergo some changes to make it more "upmarket" . Hope upmarket doesn't mean more beige!!
I wouldn't read anything more than "25th May" in that NDTV report.

The scoop pics already show changes to the interior. So the article writer is basically clueless about the facelift and is most likely just trying to meet the "min. words" criteria for the article.

Last edited by SDP : 13th May 2015 at 20:54.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 00:30   #146
BHPian

Had Mahindra learnt from their mistake of over-done styling of rear of the New Scorpio, they wouldn't have risked the attempt with the over-done fog lamp design of XUV facelift other than that the facelift looks nice. IMHO the biggest improvement is the interiors especially over the current exterior colours black & satin white. Glad to know that Mahindra is listening to customers and taking their feedback seriously(centre console reflection & dashboard rattle). Alloys could have been better though, i "personally" think that if W10 variant is added, leather seats(as the variant in the pictures is without leather seats, i am assuming its a W8), electrically adjustable seats and sunroof will be included. Its important for mahindra not to highly inflate the prices as facelift of Safari storme is around the corner with 150 BHP.
Old 15th May 2015, 16:38   #147
BHPian

Spoke to a couple of dealers in Delhi, both confirmed that a refreshed version will be launched on 25th May for all variants + W10 variant will all bells and whistles. Both said that no AT version is coming anytime soon. As per them M&M plans to do R&D on the new autoboxes for atleast one more year before they launch it...
Old 15th May 2015, 18:00   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
Both said that no AT version is coming anytime soon. As per them M&M plans to do R&D on the new autoboxes for atleast one more year before they launch it...
Sometime last Nov when I was having a casual chat with sales person at a M&M dealership here in Bangalore he was very confident about AT version launched in May 2015.

However, as per current reports that does not seem to be the case.

I saw an XUV under test two weeks back near Chennai, pics of the same was posted here.

Since it was sporting the old headlights, my guess is that it should be be AT variant. If that is the case, it may take a while for it to come to showroom.
Old 17th May 2015, 10:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Since it was sporting the old headlights, my guess is that it should be be AT variant. If that is the case, it may take a while for it to come to showroom.
I hear from my source that M&M is still road testing the AT version while testing of the manual version is over.

Hence the launch should be around the corner.

I also hear that there might be changes to engine output.
Old 18th May 2015, 08:37   #150
BHPian

oncars says the facelift is only a top variant with no changes to the existing models.

SOURCE
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks