Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 14:21   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Overall a good *facelift* than usually dished out. Bad presentation I would say though. Comparison with an Altis is uncalled for and more than that, claiming an AWD over Altis is stupidity. And where is the Aria in comparison?!

Mahindra probably want to pitch in for potential Altis customers, but this is stretching the limits. And the price comparison is so misleading; they have shown the price of a W10 FWD and shows AWD under it!!

Can XUV match the ride quality / comfort of Altis?
Can XUV match the snob value of Altis?
Can XUV match the bl**dy reliability of Altis?

Would love to see some real time pics of the vehicle. And probably a new thread on the niggles of the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
...[*]Both W8 and W10 now gets a 18" inch screen...
7" rather. 18" will be a computer monitor!
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Is it only me who finds the position of the START/STOP button odd? (Check highlighted red part in the pic) And the external Chrome bits look a little overdone. But other than that a very competent product and the pricing looks good. Looks like my Safari is going out and the W10 AWD is coming in.

Attachment 1374614
Yes the position of start stop is odd for sure.

Also why the hell did they put USB slot so high. Where would anyone keep their IPOD when connected through USB
Old 25th May 2015, 14:40   #228
BHPian

I saw the interior view in the XUV website and I could see a sea of very light beige :-(

A lot of positive things about this refresh, but for me beige is a big downer.. I might still make the plunge ( after I get some good feedback on what exactly the changes in ride & handling are ), but I must say I am somewhat disappointed with their jump onto the beige bandwagon to give the car "a more premium feel" ...

With kids, beige can become a major heartburn quickly, and I am not one who meticulously cleans the insides of the car after every single trip.

Wondering what the fixation Indian consumers have on beige is all about!
Old 25th May 2015, 14:43   #229
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Overall a good *facelift* than usually dished out. Bad presentation I would say though. Comparison with an Altis is uncalled for and more than that, claiming an AWD over Altis is stupidity. ..
True. In fact there were 2-3 slides where they compared the XUV with the Innova and the Altis. How someone can compare a Crossover with a MUV and a D-segment sedan is beyond my comprehension.

Quote:
And where is the Aria in comparison?!
Aria is dead my friend.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:53   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
True. In fact there were 2-3 slides where they compared the XUV with the Innova and the Altis. How someone can compare a Crossover with a MUV and a D-segment sedan is beyond my comprehension.
I guess the comparison is more on the grounds of price rather than segment. Not surprising considering there are many cases where customers step out to buy X (from segment A) and end up buying Y (from segment B).

These days it is not uncommon to hear people asking "If 15 lacs is my budget, what car is my best bet?"
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 14:57   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Is it only me who finds the position of the START/STOP button odd? Attachment 1374614
Is it the angle? The plastic looks a tad dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I saw the interior view in the XUV website and I could see a sea of very light beige :-(
Same here, At least a dual tone black beige upholstery would have worked better. Looks like the Rexton bug has bitten to make it look premium. Some exterior colors demand a darker shade upholstery. Most of them might end up going with custom seat covers
Old 25th May 2015, 15:08   #232
BHPian

seems the CD/DVD Player is missing in the pic.. has mahindra given it a miss in the upgraded model....?

Quote:
Is it only me who finds the position of the START/STOP button odd? (Check highlighted red part in the pic) And the external Chrome bits look a little overdone. But other than that a very competent product and the pricing looks good. Looks like my Safari is going out and the W10 AWD is coming in.

Attachment 1374614
ashishc100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 15:26   #233
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
seems the CD/DVD Player is missing in the pic.. has mahindra given it a miss in the upgraded model....?
Yes, the slot loading CD player has been removed completely replaced by only the 3.5 mm TRS aux. jack and the USB slot. Good idea IMO. Not many folks who would prefer CDs or DVDs for audio playback nowadays and good for Mahindra as well - zero moving/mechanical parts inside so fewer chances of damage related to the mechanism.

This was also mentioned previously (link) based on reports from a friend. This image concludes it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 15:36   #234
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Is it just me, or is the styling a step backwards from the Older version??
Old 25th May 2015, 15:48   #235
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
Micro hybrid is standard on all models. It would have been nice if they provided more details on how it works.
Micro hybrid is the technology by which the engine shuts down when the car is idling for a particular amount of time and fires back on when you depress the clutch pedal. It's not a modern technology at all. In fact, it's been around for quite some time now.

Cheers,
Neel
Old 25th May 2015, 15:57   #236
Senior - BHPian

Well must say the upgraded looks have somewhat grown on me. Still don't like the fog light placement though. Anyway the new features and additions are great and worth the wait imho. Loved the new interiors.
Lets just hope we see less of it in the niggles thread.
Old 25th May 2015, 16:16   #237
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Did a comparison of features across various variants and realized that besides the new look (cosmetic changes) and the new bigger touch-screen all the "New' things are exclusive to the top variant - the W10.

The following are exclusive to the top-end W10 variant:
1. Sunroof
2. Logo projection lamps on ORVMs
3. Push button start-stop
4. Keyless entry and Smart key
5. Voice messaging system
6. Brake energy regeneration
7. Electronic steering lock
8. Power-adjustable driver seat
9. Window chrome lining
10. Illuminated scuff plates
11. Sporty Aluminium pedals
12. Reverse parking camera with dynamic assist
13. Driver express-up window and anti-pinch

Not bad at all for 80K INR additional.
SDP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 16:20   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Micro hybrid is the technology ..., it's been around for quite some time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
Micro hybrid is standard on all models.
IIRC, it was on the Bolero that Mahindra offered this technology first. And it had to do something with emission compliance, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Aria is dead my friend.
Not only the Aria, the Storme facelift too, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo1984 View Post
But really disappointed with no AT transmission was waiting for a while for the AT. But i guess will have to wait longer.
I had high hopes on an AT, especially since someone with access to their advertising campaign hinted at it. But that proved to be incorrect.

And oh, the lowest W4 variant does NOT have that chrome detailing on the front bumper, which for me is a little overdone.

Last edited by Yeldo : 25th May 2015 at 16:22.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 16:37   #239
BHPian

The dashboard seems to be duller, or is it the light playing tricks?!

So does the "New Age" version come with sliding second row seats? Or is it reserved for the "coming of age" model?

I love the change to the front portion of the vehicle though.
Old 25th May 2015, 16:45   #240
BHPian

A lot of public here at the chennai launch. Looks good for mahindra
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh-1432552516621.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed