Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2015, 22:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Like Amazon has the "a fulfilled" that does put in some kind of faith that it'll be genuine and not spurious.
This is slightly OT, but I'd still like to give this example. A close friend (and a BHPian too!) had ordered a Nexus 5 from Amazon. He made it a point to purchase through an Amazon Fulfilled seller. The phone he received malfunctioned the minute he powered it on. It did not even have a proper IMEI - nor on the bill, nor on the phone. There were scuffs on the body too - IIRC. Needless to say, it was replaced without fuss. But it did leave a sour taste in the mouth. Though I'd agree that the seller being backed by the website does take some amount of doubt out of the buyer's mind, but instances like these make me think otherwise.

Also, the thing about wiper blades, airfreshners etc. is - if you get the wrong part, you can possibly afford to wait till you get a replacement / refund. With major parts, I doubt the buyer has that kind of liberty.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 20th April 2015, 17:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Whoa. I stumbled upon this thread just by chance.

I've had this idea for a while now and for the past 30 odd days, I've been busy in collecting the data required for a feasibility report. I don't have much in the form of specifics at the moment but as of now we're looking at the basic structure of a model which incorporates the following:

a) Sourcing of genuine spares
b) formulation of a reliability index for suppliers
c) End user feedback ( online surveys and direct questionnaires)
d) Complaint redressal and returns policy framework

This is still in its initial stages, one of the three projects that I'm currently researching on. We're working on a small survey, and I'll be putting it up on team bhp in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to your views.
Old 20th April 2015, 23:06   #48
BHPian

@ Cartman

I usually check the packaging and visual sign of repair/ machine marks. For brake pads and filters ( which are mostly counterfeited) I prefer to buy from Europe/ USA and ship it through courier or request my friends to help me. For shock absorbers or suspension parts, I try to strike a conversation with the supplier/ vendor and if possible with the OEM representative.

Frankly, I take chances and I rely largely on my instincts. Its not that I have not been cheated but it was found before it were installed it in my car and the products were returned promptly back to the dealer.
Old 20th April 2015, 23:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Like Amazon has the "a fulfilled" that does put in some kind of faith that it'll be genuine and not spurious.
Whenever you see "Amazon Fulfilled" it means that shipping and logistics with availability of COD will be taken care of by Amazon themselves and not handled by the sellers.

It is just that - you should never consider Amazon Fulfilled products to be genuine when other seller is selling fake stuff of the same kind.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:18   #50
BHPian

Hi,

I voted No.
Buying spares online (not counting batteries, tyres & wipers) would always be on my wishlist, but will not buy them till fit-up service is provided at door-step similar to accessories installation.

Two more reasons apart from fit-up.

1. Routine service spares are priced competitively by dealer & even buying them online cannot save your visit to dealer for general check-up & periodic maintenance.

2. Spare parts for break-down /accidents- For insurance claim, you would need to visit garage (authorized or otherwise) & would also require consolidated repair estimate.

Last edited by Wanderers : 22nd April 2015 at 15:20.
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:23   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Can you guys share a bit more detailed information as to which sites, suppliers etc. that you prefer getting the spares from.
It could help a lot of the prospective buyers.
The online sites from where I have purchased auto parts and treated fairly are (in alphabetical order):

1. 99rpm
2. autotrends.in
3. ebay.in
4. jazzmyride.com
PAWS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 02:50   #52
BHPian

According to an update from 99rpm.com, they now offer a full range of FIAT spares from the Siena to the Punto. TATA spares supplies have now been stabilized with a turn around time of about 10 days. Also worth mentioning is they are starting trials to sell Hyundai spares later this week!!

Here's the email transcript:

"Dear Customer,

FIAT Parts: We are glad to share that Full range of FIAT Spare Parts are now available on www.99rpm.com for Fiat Palio, Siena, Uno, Punto and Linea and Spare Parts and we are dispatching in 48 hours.

TATA Parts: After continued supply problem for last six months, Supply of Tata Parts is now stablized and new orders are dispatching within 10 days (less than earlier 15 days).

Hyundai Parts: Sales Trials for Hyundai Parts are starting this week. Do check www.99rpm.com later this week.
"

NOTE: I'm not affiliated nor do I intend to solicit 99rpm.com in any way. My submission is purely meant for informational purposes.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 19th June 2015 at 02:53.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 10:32   #53
BANNED

I expect mail order will put a stop or at least curtail:

1. Reluctance over OTC sales.
2. Improve part availability. I have been unable to find some front panel clips for my Civic for over three years, and the latest no 15A fuses at Pearl Honda, Gurgaon!
Old 19th June 2015, 21:44   #54
RSR
Senior - BHPian

99rpm have started selling Hyundai spares! They seem to stock a pretty wide range too, even for earlier models.

How good are they in terms of originality, packaging and delivery? Any pointers?

Last edited by RSR : 19th June 2015 at 21:45.
Old 19th June 2015, 22:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
99rpm have started selling Hyundai spares
I do see sections for Tata and Fiat but not Hyundai. Can you provide the link for Hyundai ?
Old 19th June 2015, 22:10   #56
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I do see sections for Tata and Fiat but not Hyundai. Can you provide the link for Hyundai ?
The feature to choose Hyundai from their home page hasn't yet been enabled, but the parts are still listed on the site.

The only way is to go directly to a Hyundai part and navigate from there.

For instance, type "99rpm Hyundai Grand i10 oil filter" in Google. The closest parts for Grand i10 1.1 CRDi, Grand i10 1.2 petrol will be listed first.

Click on the link, and it will take you to the page where that particular part is available for sale.

From here, it is very easy to navigate to the rest of Hyundai parts. They are listed under the "Parts" and "Service" links at the top ("Oils" and "Accessories" don't seem to work as of now).

You will find the the required part by choosing the appropriate option under "Parts" or "Service".
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 22:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
You can find Hyundai and Bajaj in the dropdown menu. Hyundai was available in the dropdown menu since few months atleast. I'm not sure if they've started selling Hyundai spares

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-99rpm.jpg

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-99rpm1.jpg

And, here is the link to the Hyundai spares listing page - http://www.99rpm.com/hyundai/parts/body.html.
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 23:37   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a nice initiative!!

The day they start stocking Maruti's spares, I am ready for a nice business with them.

BTW looks like the next OEM spares they'll be dealing with is BAJAJ.
Have a look at the drop down menu at topmost corner in the image below.

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-2.png

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 15:55   #59
BHPian

Glad to see that the sales for Hyundai spares went live. I reckon that if Maruti is anything to go by, they'll collaborate with 99rpm or initiate a similar setup.
Old 6th July 2015, 16:22   #60
BHPian

I just bought a pair of wipers for my Linea from 99rpm. Shipped and delivered in 3 days.

The wipers are a perfect fit and clean effectively. Definitely recommended.

EDIT: The wipers seem original. Atleast the box is. The box is branded as FCA and the wiper brand is Ricambi.

Happy monsoon!

Last edited by iceman7 : 6th July 2015 at 16:25.
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks