Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 10:47   #91
BHPian

Websites for online spare parts in India?

Hello BHPians!
I own a Santro Xing, and I am always in search for better spares for my vehicle. Usually I refrain going to HASS or Hyundai Mobis for the spares and always wish I could get the spares online at better rates.

But we being in India, there are very few websites that actually sell spares. Most of the websites only sell parts like air fresheners, mobile holders and other not-so essential parts.

If you truly want engine related parts (e.g. I was looking for headlight assembly/ TP sensor/ MAP sensor), they aren't available anywhere. I wasn't able to get at least the pricing of those parts.

I came across this site, oriparts.in which lists all parts at least related to Santro, but redirects to boodmo.com. I found the pricing to be on higher side. Also, I am not sure the authenticity of the parts.

So, the main objective behind starting this thread is to know any website that sells OEM/Aftermarket parts at reasonable rates. If you came across any such site, please mention it here.

MODS, I couldn't find any thread related to this topic. If you know any such thread, please merge.

Thanks!
Old 17th October 2016, 10:50   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Websites for online spare parts in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
So, the main objective behind starting this thread is to know any website that sells OEM/Aftermarket parts at reasonable rates. If you came across any such site, please mention it here.
Check 99rpm.com - for Tata, Fiat and Hyundai spares. It is very popular among TBHPians.

For Hyundai specifically, you can buy spares from Hyundai/Mobis outlets - authentic spares directly from Hyundai: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ugh-mobis.html (Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS)

EDIT:
Quote:
But the problem with 99rpm is that it doesn't have all the spare parts listed, at least for Santro. Only has emblems, ORVMs and some Auto transmission related parts.
Ah right, I understand. In that case, do give Mobis a shot. While you can't buy items online but only at the Mobis store, the benefit is that you can search by your car's model or VIN number to get the exact part without confusion.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th October 2016 at 11:06.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 10:56   #93
BHPian

Check out http://www.motrpart.in/. Have not used, had just checked out what they offer.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 10:56   #94
BHPian

Yeah. Sorry I forgot to mention this one. But the problem with 99rpm is that it doesn't have all the spare parts listed, at least for Santro. Only has emblems, ORVMs and some Auto transmission related parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Check out http://www.motrpart.in/. Have not used, had just checked out what they offer.

KK
Thanks KK!
Actually I was aware of motorpart.in, but IIRC it didn't have Santro parts till a few weeks back (not sure though, may be I'm confusing it with some other site ). But today when I searched it's showing lot more spare parts!

Last edited by Zappo : 17th October 2016 at 16:59. Reason: Please use the multiquote and Edit buttons to answer multiple posts at one go or to add content. All consecutive posts merged.
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 16:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Ive just placed an order with bksmotors.in . They dont have an eshop as such just a list of available parts and you call them to order. They were a bit hard to get ahold of but lets see, it is the festive season after all.
They have 2 brick and mortar shops as well. Has anyone dealt with them before ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 17:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Ever since getting my Polo GT I have been regularly ordering filters, oils and brake pads from online websites like spareshub.com etc. I find parts hard to source from the local parts shop and if they stock it would most likely be unheard of brands.

The online websites have been very responsive and take care to provide pictures and such of the parts they provide. Some also call you up and confirm you car model and make to ensure they send you the right stuff.

As long as you do a bit of homework to ensure you get the right part it works fine.
Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 29th October 2016, 18:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians!

But we being in India, there are very few websites that actually sell spares. Most of the websites only sell parts like air fresheners, mobile holders and other not-so essential parts.

Thanks!
http://www.partsbigboss.in/

is a place from where I have bought once. Very prompt, well packed and reasonable prices.

They have an impressive stock as well.
Old 30th October 2016, 10:54   #98
BANNED

As per above posts, now we have following players in online spare parts space

www.spareshub.com
www.partsbigboss.in
www.motrpart.in - closed
www.99rpm.com - only for Fiat (through they list Hyundai & tata but we can not order)

www.amazon.in - (for some basic parts)
www.snapdeal.com (for some basic parts)

Do we have any other website in market?
Also do we have any player who do comparative analysis of these websites?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2016 at 15:50.
Vikas Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 11:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians!
I came across this site, oriparts.in which lists all parts at least related to Santro, but redirects to boodmo.com. I found the pricing to be on higher side. Also, I am not sure the authenticity of the parts.
I have used Boodmo.com, thrice. As you said, looking for genuine spares online is tough. But, they do provide OE spares.

What I checked, their prices are lower than the retail shops here in Noida. Can't say about wholesale markets like Old Delhi.

Their shipping is painfully slow , so I generally order from them, when I have the luxury of time. Although, they have promised that they are working on faster shipping methods.

Here is what I ordered, mentioning prices, so you get the idea.

Xcent Tail Lamp Assembly: ₹1397 + ₹100 Delivery
Xcent Door Mirror Assembly (Manual): ₹1060 + 125
i10 Front Bumper: ₹1221 + 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
While you can't buy items online but only at the Mobis store, the benefit is that you can search by your car's model or VIN number to get the exact part without confusion.
I found this feature at Boodmo, too. A great help if there are multiple versions of the same vehicle.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 30th October 2016 at 11:44.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 00:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

I voted "No".
My car is Chevrolet Beat and finding even a replacement Gear Knob is huge challenge online. My current Gear Knob cracked under high ambient temperatures, atleast that's what I deduced.

I didn't come across web portals based in India, that can provide the required parts for Chevys. International portals do have the parts, but what to do in case the parts received are damaged / not-genuine. Also, the shipping costs turn out to be dampener.
Old 1st November 2016, 18:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I voted "No".
My car is Chevrolet Beat and finding even a replacement Gear Knob is huge challenge online. My current Gear Knob cracked under high ambient temperatures, atleast that's what I deduced.

I didn't come across web portals based in India, that can provide the required parts for Chevys. International portals do have the parts, but what to do in case the parts received are damaged / not-genuine. Also, the shipping costs turn out to be dampener.
It seems to be an epidemic ! How old is your Beat ? Mine started cracking at around the 5 year mark, Ive managed to salvage it because I have all the pieces which I stuck back with superglue and covered the entire knob with a few coats of Plasti Dip. A neighbour and a few other Bear owners from the forums have had issues with cracked knobs too. Having to change the whole gear lever for 2000+ bucks is a bit much I feel.
Old 1st November 2016, 21:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
It seems to be an epidemic ! How old is your Beat ? Mine started cracking at around the 5 year mark, Ive managed to salvage it because I have all the pieces which I stuck back with superglue and covered the entire knob with a few coats of Plasti Dip. A neighbour and a few other Bear owners from the forums have had issues with cracked knobs too. Having to change the whole gear lever for 2000+ bucks is a bit much I feel.
My Beat is Mar 2011 model,bought in Chennai. The gear knob was fine till I shifted to NCR. In the first summer here it started cracking. Now whole plastic thing is gone and bare metal is all that is left. I checked with ASS for replacement, they casually said that whole gear shift lever assembly needs to be changed and will cost around 2k. This felt like changing the car for a blown tire. Extremely foolish on part of Chevrolet. Then I tried local market, but couldn't find a matching knob (the mounting structure is different, not the regular screw-on type). So, as of now in summers, I drive with a small hand towel wrapped on the metal knob base, as it's very hot to touch.

My friends from the field proposed a hypothesis for this phenomenon. Beat was launched in India in 2010, with most of the parts designed for and sourced from colder countries (S. Korea for instance). So, probably, the gear shift lever was not tested for high ambient temperatures (of car parked in North Indian summer type). It passed the relevant environmental tests for cold countries. Now, the car was launched in India. During hot north Indian summers, and open parking, temperatures reached beyond 60degC inside the cabin. The metal base of the knob expanded beyond the design limits and since the plastic top could not expand at the same rate, it cracked.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:40   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have used Boodmo.com, thrice. As you said, looking for genuine spares online is tough. But, they do provide OE spares.

What I checked, their prices are lower than the retail shops here in Noida. Can't say about wholesale markets like Old Delhi.
Glad to know that you have used boodmo.com and happy to know that the prices are reasonable
I liked the website only because I could find almost all the parts for my Santro on this site, right from the exterior to the minute engine components.

I'll surely give a shot whenever I'm in need of any spare parts!

Thanks!
Old 2nd November 2016, 21:19   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Beat is Mar 2011 model,bought in Chennai. The gear knob was fine till I shifted to NCR. In the first summer here it started cracking. Now whole plastic thing is gone and bare metal is all that is left. I checked with ASS for replacement, they casually said that whole gear shift lever assembly needs to be changed and will cost around 2k. This felt like changing the car for a blown tire. Extremely foolish on part of Chevrolet. Then I tried local market, but couldn't find a matching knob (the mounting structure is different, not the regular screw-on type). So, as of now in summers, I drive with a small hand towel wrapped on the metal knob base, as it's very hot to touch.

My friends from the field proposed a hypothesis for this phenomenon. Beat was launched in India in 2010, with most of the parts designed for and sourced from colder countries (S. Korea for instance). So, probably, the gear shift lever was not tested for high ambient temperatures (of car parked in North Indian summer type). It passed the relevant environmental tests for cold countries. Now, the car was launched in India. During hot north Indian summers, and open parking, temperatures reached beyond 60degC inside the cabin. The metal base of the knob expanded beyond the design limits and since the plastic top could not expand at the same rate, it cracked.
It is indeed a possiblility. Actually mine could be related to removal of sunfilm about 1-1.5 years ago
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
My Beat is Mar 2011 model,bought in Chennai. The gear knob was fine till I shifted to NCR. In the first summer here it started cracking. Now whole plastic thing is gone and bare metal is all that is left. I checked with ASS for replacement, they casually said that whole gear shift lever assembly needs to be changed and will cost around 2k.:
This happened in my Logan too with a similar response from the dealer. Price was quoted was around 2500. However I got the knob replaced with a Recaro aluminium knob from a accessories dealer.

The gear shaft had a thread to screw on the gear knob. But the replacement knob came with a thick plastic cover to put over thread and one can fix the knob with the provided screw and Ellen key.

Been around 3 yrs now. Only problem is that the gear knob becomes hot when parked directly under sun. Else no issues even under hard running conditions.

Last edited by pugram : 3rd November 2016 at 21:49.

Most Viewed