Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 16:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Bought 3Litres of Mobil Delvac 1 from 99rpm. Excellent service.The bottles were packed neatly. Would definitely recommend 99rpm.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 17:53   #62
BHPian

I'm having a weird experience with 99rpm. I had ordered a quarter glass panel for my getz 10 days ago and I hadn't received any sign of shipment. Gave them a call today and I was told there's some back order or something like that which basically means hyundai isn't manufacturing the part and there's no information as to when it will be made available. They said I can call back in a few days to find out about part availability or get my money refunded if it isn't available. I'm in a major dilemma as the car is just standing idle, even the local showroom doesn't have one in stock, seriously don't know what to do.
Old 7th August 2015, 17:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I'm having a weird experience with 99rpm. I had ordered a quarter glass panel for my getz 10 days ago and I hadn't received any sign of shipment. Gave them a call today and I was told there's some back order or something like that which basically means hyundai isn't manufacturing the part and there's no information as to when it will be made available. They said I can call back in a few days to find out about part availability or get my money refunded if it isn't available. I'm in a major dilemma as the car is just standing idle, even the local showroom doesn't have one in stock, seriously don't know what to do.
This happens a bit often with Fiat parts, if 99RPM or even Fiat India don't have the part in stock, they'll get the part imported from Brazil/Italy. This usually takes a month, if you're willing to wait then you should get it after this period, or you can cancel and get a refund.
Old 7th August 2015, 18:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
This happens a bit often with Fiat parts, if 99RPM or even Fiat India don't have the part in stock, they'll get the part imported from Brazil/Italy. This usually takes a month, if you're willing to wait then you should get it after this period, or you can cancel and get a refund.
Thanks for the advice, I just got off the phone with hyundai mobis and it seems that they have what I'm looking for in stock, so will hopefully drop by their place tomorrow.

Cheers.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:06   #65

From this thread I came to know about 99rpm.com . Checked it for my tucson but unfortunately unable to find anything.

So far I have used uk based sites like ebay.uk or amazon.uk to purchase spares for my tuc. I usually get spare delivered in less than a week with nominal shipping (wrt cost of spare).I found this practice way affordable than that of going to Hyundai service station. Now most of the time I order the parts online get them fit by my local mechanic and at the time of schedule servicing I just get it checked from Hyundai service station just to make sure that fitment is correct.
Old 7th December 2015, 15:36   #66
BHPian

I have had bad experiences both times I have placed an order with 99rpm.com

First time: I ordered a boot mat and was delivered a set of floor mats. Customer care wouldn't acknowledge the error and even said the following:

Customer Care: "So, mats were delivered right? What's the problem?"

Second time: I once again place an order for boot mats and 2 litres of Selenia K engine oil. I wrote to them asking whether the boot mats were in stock. Although they say that they will respond by 24 hours, I never received a response.

Nevertheless, I placed the order. Luckily, this time around, they shipped the right product. But both the cans of oil had their tamper proof seals broken. Plus, one of them was leaking.

Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-20151207_150728.jpg

When I spoke to the customer care, I was told that leakage in oil cans is perfectly normal because of transit and since the can has been packed in a plastic bag, I can use the oil as it wont be contaminated!!! I can still accept that. But when asked about the tamper proof seals being broken, you have to believe what the customer care guy said.

"You simply have to trust us"!!!

Their own website has a FAQ section on Quality Control which reads as follows:

"99rpm Promise: Each product at 99rpm is shipped with original untempered packing ( same is expected when we receive a returned product). Each packing typically contains product prices along with address/phone/email of manufacturer. It is one of the first & most visible step we take to ensure that you always have a chance directly connect with manufacturer for warranty and quality concerns you might have."

When I expressed my doubts about whether I have received a genuine product (or if spurious oil is refilled), I am told that

"I have tried to convince you, but you simply wish to argue. So I cannot help you any further."

When asked to escalate to his supervisor, he says there is no support available and even if I put it in writing, nothing will happen.

I happened to read that the promoter of the company (One Mr. Pankaj Yadav) himself is in charge of customer care. If he was the one at the end of the phone, I can only feel sorry for customers who have the misfortune of dealing with such arrogant customer care.

The icing on the cherry was this:

Me: Look, I am the customer and 99rpm.com is not doing a favour by providing a response. That response has to be satisfactory to me because I have paid upfront and have received products which appear to be tampered.

99RPM: I have explained it to you that you have to trust us. If you wish to argue, I cannot help you. My job is to provide a response and its not my problem whether it is satisfactory to you or not.
thedragula is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 16:09   #67
BHPian

I wrote them a strongly worded email. Response I got was this:

If you are on call or email, you are provided with primary information based upon your query along with further steps (if any) and should use that information accordingly. If you are not convinced the first response, any pushing for information, asking reasons, arguments with customer care executive is a big NO and not considered nice irrespective of any other factor. As a matter of 99rpm's policy, moderation ends here.

Moral of the story: We want your money. We will take it upfront. We will deliver something. If you are not satisfied, we will give an explanation. But you cant ask further questions or express dissent about the quality/adequacy of response. Because it is our policy!!!
thedragula is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 16:59   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
I wrote them a strongly worded email. Response I got was this:

If you are on call or email, you are provided with primary information based upon your query along with further steps (if any) and should use that information accordingly. If you are not convinced the first response, any pushing for information, asking reasons, arguments with customer care executive is a big NO and not considered nice irrespective of any other factor. As a matter of 99rpm's policy, moderation ends here.

Moral of the story: We want your money. We will take it upfront. We will deliver something. If you are not satisfied, we will give an explanation. But you cant ask further questions or express dissent about the quality/adequacy of response. Because it is our policy!!!
Wow, that is not just irresponsible but downright shameful. What are the other steps that they have mentioned, by the way. Have they asked that you contact the supplier directly? Is the site also a stockist or just an intermediary (in which case they may point you to the supplier as some of these sites do.

In any case, I am not going to purchase nor recommend anyone purchases anything from this site!
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 17:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What are the other steps that they have mentioned, by the way. Have they asked that you contact the supplier directly? Is the site also a stockist or just an intermediary (in which case they may point you to the supplier as some of these sites do.
I suspect that it is only an interediary. The company is based out of Delhi and the promoter is supposedly an ex-IIM. The company is not capitalized enough for it to directly undertake warehouse operations which is capital intensive.

The parts are shipped from outskirts of Pune. In all probability, these orders must be going to FCA warehouse and these guys must be getting some commission on sales. You ask them questions on part availability, they cant answer because they don't know. If a product is to be returned, they expect you to ship at your cost (i.e., no option to arrange a reverse pick up).

I can understand why inspite of fancy 'quality guarantees' listed on the website, they can't do jack. Because they are not in control of anything and neither do they have visibility on inventory. Presumably, all they have is a parts list and price list.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:24   #70
BANNED

^^
Agree with most of what you wrote but the fact of matter is that are here to do business and if it brings in 2 customers who aren't happy then the following set too won't be.

Word of mouth is one main marketing tool and if the above guys who bought don't market the website and turn down their friends/family to buy from there, it is the loss of 99rpm.

Not sure why it is hard for them to be transparent in their so called mentioned "policies" and put it down clearly that no return shipping is entertained. Any problems with the product bought on our website, please contact the manufacturer. It is but common for a person to contact that site as the product was bought there.

Pretty sad to see the way they handle customers. Not sure how long they'll be in business if they go this way.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th December 2015 at 17:26.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 20:18   #71
BHPian

Update: Had written a less than favourable review on the page selling Selenia K Engine Oil complaining about tampered packaging. It was up for sometime and it has been promptly removed. Guess they accept only glowing and favourable reviews which extol the virtues of their website...

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oils-fluid...-5w-40-1l.html
Old 7th December 2015, 20:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
I have had bad experiences both times I have placed an order with 99rpm.com

In case you bought using a credit card, you may want to raise a dispute and get your money back. With this kind of response, there is no way a card company will permit the payment.
Old 7th December 2015, 21:13   #73
BHPian

There's no way this company is going to survive for long or raise investor money with this kind of customer experience. They've halted selling Tata and Hyundai parts AFAIK, just another bad sign overall.

I gotta say though, there's one thing 99rpm is good for: checking part numbers, pictures and the expected price. Just don't use the site for actually buying stuff.

Now, I suppose your only option is a consumer forum complaint but it doesn't seem worth all that hassle (although you'd certainly have the upper hand in such a case).

Glad you posted your experience.
Old 7th December 2015, 21:24   #74
BHPian

Is there anyway to order parts from FIAT India directly?
Old 7th December 2015, 22:06   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

After the pathetic experience with 99rpm, my vote would be NO. I would rather take the trouble to go to the authorized service center or the distributor to fetch parts, a bit of trouble commuting ensures peace of mind.

Quoting the experience from this thread

Quote:
I am also disappointed with 99rpm and their customer service is nothing short of pathetic. What you have mentioned in bold is spot on.

Firstly they dont tell you if the part is in stock, if you reach out to them they will say we cannot share details of stock position (ridiculous to say the least). Now to the part of my story, I had ordered the part number 59064641 (Holder| **For Dynamic Variants** is the part description). Initially when you place the order, you have no clue if the part is in stock, I followed up after the initial lot shipment asking why this is not shipped, they cooly mention this is a back order (part not in stock, needs procurement from vendor) which will take 20 days from the date of order. Its 30 days now and still no news of this part getting shipping. They dont respond to emails, if you are finally able to reach them over phone, their policy will not allow them to give the status of the back order (how convenient and lousy it is). I am trying to reach out to Pankaj to give him an earful.

I would rather go back to FASS instead of such lousy online portals, at least someone is available to talk in the FASS (it is painful but not as bad as follow ups with 99rpm). 99rpm is a blacklisted site at least for me solely due to their customer service. Its not just me alone who has got this kind of a response, even Crazy_Driver received a similar response.

Finally, after checking with all the service centers in Bangalore, called up True Sai Salem to check if they had the part in stock. Yes they had one piece in stock, they shipped it the moment I transferred cash and the part arrived at my door step in less than 24 hours Thanks to Shaktivel.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed