Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy spares and parts online?
Yes – Only for routine services 45 10.39%
Yes – For routine services + replacements 338 78.06%
No 50 11.55%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 13:11   #136

Re: Would you buy Spares & Parts online?

Does anybody here have experience buying any Chinese parts online? I know its not a wise thing to do but the prices are really tempting.

I am looking at this O2 sensor (3921022610) which I suspect I might have to replace (the symptoms fit but waiting for a detailed diagnosis) and the part costs upwards of 9000 from Hyundai. I was randomly searching online and found this company called 'Trofom' selling the part at 1100 bucks! on Aliexpress

I know it would be stupid to believe that the part will be the same quality. But I would like to get inputs from you guys.

PS: I have seen before that car parts are often expensive not because of the technology or material involved but due to the inefficient supply chains, especially for old models and this is the why I get a hunch that maybe this part wont be so bad.
Old 15th August 2018, 21:16   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I had a very positive experience with genuineparts dot com

You can reach them Genuine Parts or at their mobile # listed on the site.
I have had similar experience dealing with them. I got a MANN Fuel filter and Bonnet release cable for my Laura (both were unavailable elsewhere). I was a bit apprehensive about ordering critical parts online and got in touch with Atishay through the site contact. I must say it was a pleasant experience. He guided me with the correct parts after crosschecking my VIN and even promised a replacement in case the product did not fit. That did instill confidence.

Also as R2D2 mentioned, they send the items through Fedex and it reaches Bangalore within 2-3 days.

PS - I'm not related to the aforementioned business in anyway (apart from being a customer )
Old 17th August 2018, 11:14   #138
BHPian

I am no component expert who can identify flaws by visual inspection alone. Hence a component when arrived through online purchase has to be again inspected for its fitness by an expert technician. Having a component in hand is one aspect and having it installed in another. So I have to any how visit the service centre for its installation. Renowned brands such as Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota, Ford etc, already have well established service networks and availability of spares is hardly an issue. Hence, by ordering components online I am in fact is at loss of time as I have to wait for such time till the component arrives.

Usually the online components are also sold at par to the margins at which they are retailed at dealerships. Hence the perspective of any cost saving is also ruled out. The only case where it seems feasible is where the consumer wants a genuine component to be installed from a centre that is outside the authorised service network, which I do not prefer anyway.

Since I do prefer buying cars that are commonly seen for popular brands (for their obvious advantages) and also do not prefer having my vehicle serviced anywhere outside the manufacturers network, therefore buying components online does not make any sense to me.

Contrarily, in the case of slow moving brands the density of service network is sparse and even if one such centre is located, the place may not readily possess a specific component that is slow moving and needed at this time. There is every possibility that the same component is awaited by multiple cars and the Service centre is at discretion to decide as who the lucky one is. Here, it does make good sense to place an order online order and have the component received by one-self and get it installed. This saves the hassle of waiting endlessly till the workshop makes favour of installing the needed component.

Therefore voted NO.
Old 17th August 2018, 12:26   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifilshah View Post
Does anybody here have experience buying any Chinese parts online? I know its not a wise thing to do but the prices are really tempting.
A friend recently bought a PS pump from AliExpress. It was about 40% cheaper than any place here.

It's been working like a charm for a month now. Can only assess in the long run how it'll work.
Old 17th August 2018, 12:28   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifilshah View Post

I am looking at this O2 sensor (3921022610) which I suspect I might have to replace (the symptoms fit but waiting for a detailed diagnosis) and the part costs upwards of 9000 from Hyundai. I was randomly searching online and found this company called 'Trofom' selling the part at 1100 bucks! on Aliexpress

Chinese parts are not necessarily bad, but yet its a mixed bag.

I am assuming you checked the prices at Hyundai Mobis? Do you know the OEM make and official alternatives for the O2 sensor, if yes could you check for the same in other portals that are based out of India?

Assuming by now you did take some action ?
Old 17th August 2018, 13:42   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Assuming by now you did take some action ?
Umm not really! I couldn't really zero in on the root problem (I was having fuel efficiency issues and the OBD reader showed O2 readings quite far from ideal. But read that this could be a lot of reasons and not necessarily a bad sensor)

Anyways I am planning to take the car to Bay6 automobiles here in bangalore so hopefully they'll be able to tell me if I need the part or not. If I do, I am definitely ordering the Chinese one (living dangerously )
Old 1st November 2018, 12:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Was searching air filter for Innova & found one on Amazon. As I have earlier used Purolator oil filters, I wouldn't mind giving their air filters a try. As usual, Amazon delivered within their promised delivery time.

Surprise starts now, packing wasn't usual Amazon, it was black plastic wrapped onto the box with packing tape. When I opened it, this is what I found.
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-airfilter01.jpg
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-airfilter02.jpg
It appears correct product for Innova, but from Lucas TVS.

Invoice still says Purolator product whereas Lucas TVS product got shipped/delivered.
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-filterinvoice.jpg

Air filter looks appropriate in dimensions except for quality of plastic finish.
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-airfilter03.jpg
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-airfilter04.jpeg
Would you buy Spares & Parts online?-airfilter05.jpg

After oils, this is the first item that I have bought online. Bit surprising experience so far, let's see how actual product works when I will replace air filter in few weeks.
Old 5th November 2018, 12:28   #143
BHPian

I had ordered A/C vents for my Skoda Laura from Aliexpress and the overall quality is above average.
I'm planning to order O2 Sensor for the same from Aliexpress as well as it's 1/10th the price and the reviews are pretty good.
But this price difference makes me a bit sceptic about the quality of the mechanical parts. If the quality is good then one could easily own a Skoda/ VW car at a service cost less than that of a Maruti Suzuki/ Hyundai.
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:50   #144
BHPian

Hello members,
Has anyone got buying experience with www.Motrparts.com . I am planning to buy Heater/Glow Plug for my Renault Duster.
Advance thanks!!
Old 4th April 2019, 12:32   #145
BHPian

My Fabia's Compressor went bust last year. I have been away from India for 2yrs now and the car is used by my brother occasionally. The OE Compressor was quoted to be about 90k INR, as the car was from 2008 and the initial lots were imported, so based on the part no. that's what was quoted.
Considering the age of the car and the usage at the moment, did not want to spend so much for a part. However, after a lot of online research and thinking, ordered it from https://www.genuineparts.in/ after having a chat with Mr.Atishay. The part was available from 2 suppliers, Delphi and Denso.
The Delphi costed 19300 and Denso at 20300.
Denso compressors come as OEM fitment, so thought it's better to get this over the Delphi unit. Upon asking for any discounts, Mr. Atishay confirmed that there were none. However, he gave me a coupon code that I could use if purchasing on the same day. The coupon code was for 1000 and I could get the Denso at the price of Delphi. He suggested that the shipping would take about 5-7 working days and they would dispatch the same day if ordered before 12 noon.
Upon inquiring, I was told that the part can be sent back if it does not fit with the car and there's only warranty in case of manufacturing defect.
I made the order in the evening and the part was dispatched the next day through FedEX. The part was delivered in 4 working days.
My brother got the part fixed yesterday and finally the car's cooling system is working after an year's break.
Happy with the service and response, I would definitely buy again and also recommend this web portal if anyone's on the lookout for spares. I would suggest to have a chat with the Customer Service before placing the order to make sure the part you are looking for is the same.
21Archer84 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 22:05   #146
BHPian

I recently had my first transaction with PartsBigBoss and I must say that I am very pleasantly surprised with their Communication, Understanding/Flexibility, Service and Assurance on supplying Genuine parts. I needed to replace the Bosch Brake Pads in my Corolla Altis with Roulunds, which I was finding difficult to source. These guys were very prompt in sending me what I needed and that too at a competitive price and with COD option !! Could I have asked for more !

Anyone in confusion (happens more so with we BHPians due to concerns on Genuineness &#128512 can speak to Rohit from PartsBigBoss team on phone or Whatsapp . Their number is available in their website and Rohit is a through gentleman. Most importantly, his response rate is extremely good. He had assured me on genuineness of the pad he would send and I have not been disappointed. The bite is way better than the poor Bosch pads.

I think they are now offering a minimum 5% discount to BHPians. Guess this is due to the value we got as a community. I would happily recommend these guys.
Old 20th June 2019, 10:26   #147
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Boodmo.

Had placed two orders
1: mascot for Safari and Aria
2: front fog lamp set and rear left fog lamp for Safari.

The difference between the two order is around a month.
Safari Mascot was delivered within 7 days, however Aria is still not processed and ETA given by Customer care is by 30th June. So order one has mixed reviews. Have raised complaint for this and have received an assurance of full refund if order is not dispatched by 23rd June.

Order2 of fog lamps is expected to be delivered by today EOD.

Now the trick with Boodmo orders:
order only those parts which have camera clicked pictures available for preview on pricing page. If that is not there find some other source. You can freely order the parts with there original pictures and will be delivered ASAP by FedEx (unless FedEx goofs up- nom). This is confirmed by customer care associates. For aria mascot pics were not available. Safari had. So justifies the logic the cc shared. They still have 10 days return policy if you find the product unsatisfactory.
Only catch here is even if you order everything from a single vendor, shipping charges are applicable for individual products and no concession on shipping charges. .
Hope this helps.
Old 20th June 2019, 11:23   #148
Senior - BHPian

I would like to buy spare parts online but only when I am assured they are OEM fit and preferably OEM.

boodmo.com is one such site from where one can buy OEM spare parts for a large number of cars.
Old 21st July 2019, 12:42   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Had got fed up with boodmo earlier but decided to give them another chance since I needed a set of alloy wheel center caps. These were not critical and I was too lazy to go to the MGP store which is a few roads away from my house. I placed an order from them on 12/07 and they had mentioned 7 day assured delivery. However, it is still not shipped till date. It is a norm for companies to have teething troubles initially and later they improve, but in the case of boodmo it just seems to get worse. Please don't believe their delivery assurances. Especially in case of MGP, there are outlets across the country who could provide better turnaround times even for the rarest parts. Totally annoying experience from my last few orders.

I finally went to the MGP store and asked them if there was stock. They didn't have but informed me that it is present with the dealer I service my Celerio at. Hence decided to go there sometime and get it fitted. Looks like a bunch of jokers run the show at Boodmo. If the part isn't readily available, there is no reason to mention assured delivery. They could mention it is a back order. And no thanks if you implement that now after I mention.

Last edited by audioholic : 21st July 2019 at 12:46.
Old 21st July 2019, 13:33   #150
BHPian

I bought front and rear silencer assembly for my Cheverolet Spark from Amazon and these got delivered within time and in good shape. Seller was Carstar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks