Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 16:15   #1
Team-BHP Support

Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system

Honda has launched a new trim level of the City sedan. The new variant, dubbed VX(O), is available on the manual versions of the petrol and diesel versions of the car and sits at the top City range.

Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system-city-1.jpg

The VX(O) is equipped with an Audio-Video Navigation (AVN) system, which features a 15.7 cm touchscreen, satellite-based voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation and in-car entertainment with DVD/CD, FM/AM, Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in functions. Users can sync their smartphones with the system and implement functions on screen including dialling, answering, history, address book and Bluetooth music play.

Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system-honda-city_front-dashboard-shot.jpg

The City is now available in E, S, SV, V, VX AND VX(O) trim levels in petrol and diesel variants with manual transmissions. It is also available in SV and VX CVT petrol variants.

Honda has also given the City a newly introduced security alarm and keyless entry from the S trim level onwards. A new White Orchid Pearl shade has been added to the City line-up.

Prices (ex-showroom, New Delhi):
  • VX(O) MT i-VTEC (Petrol) - Rs. 10,64,000
  • VX(O) MT i-DTEC (Diesel) - Rs. 11,83,500

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2015 at 19:13.
Aditya is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 18:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2015 at 08:08.
YashD is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th April 2015, 18:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

To give an idea about how much Honda is charging for this new trim. here are the prices -

VX MT Petrol : Rs. 1,034,000
VX(O) MT Petrol : Rs. 10,64,000 (difference - 30K)

VXMT Diesel : Rs. 1,153,500
VX(O) MT Diesel : Rs. 11,83,500 (difference - 30K)

I think it's not a bad value proposition for a factory fitted AVN unit.

What I find a bit annoying is that it's available only on the top trim.
For someone who doesn't care about a sunroof but wants an AVN unit, there's no option.

I think the better alternative would have been to offer this AVN unit as an optional extra on SV,V and VX trims.

Can anyone shed some more light on the new security alarm?

Last edited by adimicra : 13th April 2015 at 18:25.
adimicra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 21:01   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The bezel looks the same as the one on the V and VX trims. Is it possible to swap that stock head unit for the AVN?
Old 13th April 2015, 21:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The bezel looks the same as the one on the V and VX trims. Is it possible to swap that stock head unit for the AVN?
A HU swap shouldnt be much ot a problem, since no changes have been made. Check with the dealers for available stock. It wont be cheap as a spare though. They quoted me 70k for swap to AVN unit on my 2012 model city.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 21:48   #6
Team-BHP Support

Honda launches City VX(O) with AVN system

Is this the same unit as in the Mobilio RS? Nevertheless, a welcome addition and the VX(o) is truly feature loaded.

With this new version, City has crossed 15L OTR in Bangalore. For the first time, I believe. Also interesting to note that the entry level petrol version is almost 6 lakhs cheaper than the top end diesel. That's got to be the widest range of variants offered in the C segment.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th April 2015 at 21:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 08:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is this the same unit as in the Mobilio RS? Nevertheless, a welcome addition and the VX(o) is truly feature loaded.

With this new version, City has crossed 15L OTR in Bangalore. For the first time, I believe. Also interesting to note that the entry level petrol version is almost 6 lakhs cheaper than the top end diesel. That's got to be the widest range of variants offered in the C segment.
15L for City
What's the road tax in Bangalore?
I thought it's around 16%.

Well, 15L for that diesel engine is hard to swallow given how unrefined and noisy it is. But, again, there are people paying a lot more for that puny 1.4D-4D in the Corolla.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 08:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2015 at 15:45.
geeash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th April 2015, 09:08   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

In the previous generation City, you could fit the Caska head unit which is custom made for the City and I believed looked exactly like the OEM and fitted by the dealer itself. It might be possible for this car also.
Old 14th April 2015, 10:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
15L for City

What's the road tax in Bangalore?

I thought it's around 16%.

I don't have the breakup for VX(o). But below are the details for VX diesel in Bangalore.

Ex - showroom: 11,80,500/-
Road tax and handling - 2,32,260/-
Insurance - 31,298/-
Essential Kit - 3,500/-
Extended warranty - 16,400/-
On road price - 14,63,958/-
Old 14th April 2015, 10:57   #11
BHPian

Wow! It seems like Honda is determined to hand the market over to Ciaz on a golden platter. This 'addition' is something that the car should've come pre-equipped with, especially at that price point.

Funny logic this, omit something essential at the time of launch, add it later in the product's life-cycle and charge extra for it!

Quote:
Yep, looks like the same unit from the Mobilio.

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 11:21   #12
BHPian

Honda has got the AVN option back after a while. When I purchased my 2012 Honda City V, soon after they launched the AVN version for about INR 1L more at the time. One reason was that Honda sales were down at that time. Also they were yet to launch Brio & Amaze and of course diesel options were not available then. So to boost sales, I think, they gave the AVN version which originally came as a part of the more expensive Honda CRV SUV. This was a great option for prospective Honda City owners at that time, as they were getting the CRV AVN option in the City. Then when Brio & Amaze sales went up and Honda market share was climbing, they did not get back the AVN version, even when the new current City was launched.

Now I guess to continue to keep the sales charts high, they may have decided to get the AVN version back into the Honda City. After all, for any auto maker the real profits ($) come from the higher end segments.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 11:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Extended warranty - 16,400/-
Going off topic here:

That's a bit steep. I recently got the extended Warranty for something around 7,800/-. Road tax can differ from one state to another but why this price difference from the same company for the same product.

Edit: Just got a news from internet that new prices with hike of 1% to 1.5% across board to happen in Honda Cars range. Not sure about the authenticity though. But if true, this will make City even more dearer. Remember the price hike due to excise duty is still fresh in our memory right.

Last edited by Carpainter : 14th April 2015 at 11:56.
Old 14th April 2015, 14:32   #14
BHPian

This is a very good step by Honda. Now it has all the variants needed in the City range and one would not need any thing more I suppose. The only irritating factor would be that SV and V buyers cannot opt for this.

Any one has any idea which maps are loaded? (TomTom / Map My India etc?)
Old 14th April 2015, 20:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! It seems like Honda is determined to hand the market over to Ciaz on a golden platter. This 'addition' is something that the car should've come pre-equipped with, especially at that price point.

Funny logic this, omit something essential at the time of launch, add it later in the product's life-cycle and charge extra for it!
The truth is - the City is not going anywhere and is gonna rule the C+ segment in the foreseeable feature.
The Ciaz may be a competent car and a decent alternative but even then, it is struggling to match the City sales with a much wider sales network. And that too, in the initial months after launch. My guess is that City will widen its gap with Ciaz more and more as the months go by (The March sales numbers already point in the same direction).

City is the equivalent of Swift and Alto in the B/B+ and A segments... it will sell. Period.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks