Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2015, 13:29   #16
BHPian

re: Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
If Renault don't make the same mistake as the Datsun GO and ensure that the cost-cutting isn't glaringly obvious, this little car does have a chance to achieve double the sales of the Nano at the minimum. The rear 3/4 reminds me of the V40

The Nano was killed by the very strategy they decided to sell it with. No one really wants to buy 'the-cheapest-car-in-the-world'. The cheap image went against its core USP.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how well finished the Renault is. As long as the interiors don't look like a prison cell and the exteriors are devoid of paint and lights in the name of cost-cutting, I guess it should do fine. Also, they're sort of known for back-seat space (I for one loved the Duster). Maybe, just maybe they can work some magic with this one.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 14th April 2015, 14:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Some other renderings on net are promising. I love this three quarter renderings, specially the rear one. Very well proportioned.
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/04/r...ndering-126566
The rendering has taken a strong influence from the Honda Jazz's design language, especially the head lights and the tail lights.
Old 15th April 2015, 12:28   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Also, they're sort of known for back-seat space (I for one loved the Duster).
Since when did Renault become known for back seat space? The Duster's rear bench legroom is ordinary for a vehicle of its size, as is the Lodgy's middle row. The Pulse's rear legroom is nothing to write home about; additionally, the seatbase is too short & the under-thigh support poor. The 25 lakh Renault Koleos has a cramped back seat, whichever way you look at it!

The only two Renaults that 'are known for backseat space' are the expensive Fluence and the badge-engineered Scala (a Sunny with Renault badges & lights).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The only two Renaults that 'are known for backseat space' are the expensive Fluence and the badge-engineered Scala (a Sunny with Renault badges & lights).
Have been at ease in the Duster, Scala and Fluence. My statement was based on this. I'd agree that the Pulse is nothing to write home about and the Koleos;I have always wondered why they bothered launching the car in the first place.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 15th April 2015, 12:49   #20
BHPian

What do you expect from Renault on interiors, they couldn't set Duster right so far..

IMHO, Renault shouldn't get into small car, or even any sedan business. It's best for them to focus on SUV/MUV.
Old 16th April 2015, 15:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault doesn't believe this segment will be driven by the diesel variant hence will only come in petrol version.
Quote:
The XBA will come with an all-new 800cc, three-cylinder petrol engine (Codename: BR8).Additionally, future engine options for this hatchback could include a more powerful 1.0-litre motor (Codename: BR10).
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ck-394507.aspx
Old 21st April 2015, 11:21   #22
BHPian

Re: Renault to launch a small car to compete with alto

Size wise it looks one segment above Altos & Eons of this world. I find it really hard to believe that Renault will be able to launch this below Datsun go.
Attached Images

Old 21st April 2015, 12:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well, from what little I know about this car, the guys at Renault have built it to compete against the Alto.

So, it would be interesting to see how people react to a car which looks like an SUV, but comes at a price of an Alto. Since, SUV (cars which look like an SUV ) is the flavor of the season at the moment, I am looking forward to some promising sales number for this car.

Finally, the interiors of this car are gonna be way better than what the folks at Maruti offer on the Alto.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 14:39   #24

Re: Renault Kayou launch on May 20, 2015

It will all boil down to the price. Manufacturers who do not recognize that India is a price-sensitive market will suffer.
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

The upcoming Kayou spotted near Chennai. From the pics. apparent is budget nature of the car. Rear view mirrors and wipers indicate that. But the car looks fairly big.

Source: motor.vikatan
Attached Thumbnails
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-renaultkayourenaultxbaspied.jpg  

Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-renaultkayourenaultxbaspiedchennai.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 06:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Noticeable elements from the camouflaged pictures are the black ORVMs, puny wheels and single wiper blade. The vehicle also appears to be taller than the Alto 800.
Attached Images

rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:06   #27
BHPian

Don't you guys think it can be pitted against Ritz?
Old 6th May 2015, 11:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Fresh spyshots of the upcoming Renault Kayou have emerged. The car appears to be strictly basic what with a single windshield wiper, puny wheels and, if I'm seeing it right, just 3 bolts to secure the wheel. The proportions also appear to be too big considering the segment this is targeted at. Just look at the gaps in the wheel wells and it's height. I hope this doesn't end up like the Datsun Go!

Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-201505renault-xba-kayou-1.jpg
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-201505renault-xba-kayou-2.jpg
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-201505renault-xba-kayou-3.jpg

Source: http://www.anything-on-wheels.blogsp...esting-in.html
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 21:51   #29
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I think Renault and Datsun have decided that creating an entry level "cross hatch" is the best way for them to take on the Maruti Suzuki Alto and Hyundai Eon in the 800cc category.

The Redi-Go concept had crossover inspired bits, which I think will find their way to the production model. Going by these spy pictures, it looks like the Kayou is also going to be positioned as a small "cross hatch". I love the generous GC on these test mules. The Kayou also appears to be bigger (and presumably more spacious) than both the Alto and Eon.

There's no escaping the low cost engineering, though. Three wheel lugs and the single wiper blade are very Nano-esque, while the ORVMs look like they've been lifted from an Ambassador, Padmini or M800.

I hope there is no compromise on the safety front, unlike the Datsun Go. Good structural strength and a driver airbag are a must, while a passenger airbag and ABS can be offered as options.

The rumoured three cylinder diesel (derived from the 1.5 K9K) may well be the differentiating factor for the Kayou-Redigo twins, at least until Maruti Suzuki plonks in their 800cc twin-pot diesel into the Alto.
Old 8th May 2015, 22:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kayou Spied Testing in Europe, Could Be Sold as Entry-level Dacia - in markets like Northern Africa and the ex-Soviet region.

Quote:
With only three nuts holding the wheel in place, the Kayou would be illegal as a new car in Europe.
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-spyshotsrenaultkayouspiedtestingineuropecouldbesoldasentryleveldacia_1.jpg
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-spyshotsrenaultkayouspiedtestingineuropecouldbesoldasentryleveldacia_3.jpg
Renault XBA: Now unveiled as the Kwid-spyshotsrenaultkayouspiedtestingineuropecouldbesoldasentryleveldacia_4.jpg

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...ia-95265.html#
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks