Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2015, 09:41   #1
BHPian

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs

Mod Note: Our Elantra Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Pics of Hyundai Elantra facelift model.

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra1.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra2.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra3.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra4.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra5.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra6.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra7.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra8.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra9.jpg

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-elantra10.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2015 at 09:47. Reason: Link to review
amithsebastian is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 09:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

How come there are no pictures of this facelift and no mention of it anywhere in the Hyundai website or in the media. I've heard of silent launches but this is like a covert operation.

EDIT: Wow!! Thanks for the pics. This is a big scoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amithsebastian View Post
Pics of Hyundai Elantra facelift model.
It's good to see that manufacturers are realising that beige does not mean luxury.

Skoda have the Zeal edition now. VW have the Polo GT's in black and Ford gives the top end Ecosport in black.

Now we have the Elantra and boy does the all black look good vs the sea of beige before.

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 10:33. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 10:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How come there are no pictures of this facelift and no mention of it anywhere in the Hyundai website or in the media. I've heard of silent launches but this is like a covert operation.

EDIT: Wow!! Thanks for the photos.
Apparently 21st is the revised launch date. ( this has been changing forever ) only press launch maybe.. The price lists are out and now the cars also started arriving, I hope there won't b anymore delays...

I loved the new facelift with the Lil cosmetic tweaks that has been done on the car. Only deletion being the audio controls frm the rear seats though they have left the 12v power socket in the rear seat intact !

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th April 2015 at 10:43. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
amithsebastian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 08:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Imo the all black interiors look good. The screen still looks very small, but definitely better than the pre facelift. Projector lamps and drl are a welcome addition.
Would try and fit the projectors on my car once they are available. I have a Mega Audio 7 inch touch screen on my car which is working quite fine.
Amith nice snaps. You some how missed the alloys.
Old 20th April 2015, 10:35   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs

Mod Note: Elantra facelift pics moved into a new thread. Thanks for sharing!
Old 20th April 2015, 10:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

The brochure has been uploaded on Hyundai India website.

Link: http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...9013429736.pdf
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 11:31   #7
BHPian

Are there any mechanical changes?
A more powerful diesel and a better suspension set up would be welcome!

Still the cosmetic changes are welcome and so are the black interiors
Old 20th April 2015, 13:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Are there any mechanical changes?
A more powerful diesel and a better suspension set up would be welcome!

Still the cosmetic changes are welcome and so are the black interiors
Seems only cosmetic changes. In the brochure, only the below changes are highlighted whereas engine & suspension stays the same:
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5406
Size:  17.9 KB
Name:  2.PNG
Views: 5476
Size:  17.5 KB
Name:  3.PNG
Views: 5423
Size:  15.1 KB
Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-4.png
rohansachar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 13:38   #9
BHPian

The updated interiors and rear look better than before. Another change that needs to be focused on is the movement of the seat ventilation from rear seats to front seats. Previous Elantra had seat ventilation only in the rear. But most Elantra's that I saw where driven by owners so this served no purpose. I guess Hyundai recognized this and rectified it

Also am I the only one who liked the old alloy design better ?

Last edited by Rollingwheels26 : 20th April 2015 at 13:39.
Rollingwheels26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 13:54   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has announced the launch of the 2015 Elantra sedan. The D1 segment sedan gets tweaks to its exterior as well as its interior.

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-2015-elantra-exterior.jpg

Changes at the front include new projector headlamps with LED guide lights and a revised bumper with a chrome insert grille and larger fog lamps. On the sides, the car gets a chrome window belt line, chrome door handles and redesigned 10-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels. At the rear, there is a new dual tone bumper, a new pair of LED-effect tail lamps and a chrome tip exhaust.

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-2015-elantra-rear.jpg

On the inside, the beige and black dashboard of the current Elantra has been replaced by a black unit with silver detailing. The two air conditioner vents at the centre have moved upwards and are larger than the ones on the outgoing car. The infotainment system is new and has a 4.3-inch colour TFT LCD touchscreen display. The car also gets black leather seats, black door panels with silver inserts, aluminium pedals and metallic scuff plates.

Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs-2015-elantrainterior.jpg

Other features that the Elantra is equipped with include reverse parking sensors and rear camera, auto headlamps, keyless entry & go (start/stop button), electric folding mirrors, heated ORVMs, cruise control, Bluetooth, multifunction steering wheel, 10-way power seats with lumbar support and front seat ventilation. On the safety front, the Elantra gets six airbags, vehicle stability management, ABS with EBD and hill assist control.

The Elantra continues to use the same engines as the outgoing model:
  • 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder petrol, 148 bhp @ 6500 rpm, 178 Nm @ 4700 rpm, 6-speed manual / automatic
  • 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder diesel, 126 bhp @ 4000 rpm, 260 Nm @ 1900-2750 rpm, 6-speed manual / automatic

The Elantra is available in 6 colours.

Price (ex-showroom, Delhi):

Petrol
  • S - Rs. 14,13,196
  • SX - Rs. 15,41,078
  • SX-AT - Rs. 16,49,906

Diesel
  • Base - Rs. 14,57,677
  • S - Rs. 15,35,275
  • SX - Rs. 16,67,688
  • SX-AT - Rs. 17,94,179
Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 14:25   #11
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs

Even as the inflation is coming down, we are looking at D1 sedans being sold at more than 20L (on road, of course). It's way too high for a locally made car. To put it in perspective, with a simple conversion it's close to 32K USD.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 14:43   #12
BHPian

32K USD would get you a top of the line Honda Accord (with a v6 to boot) and then some.
The 145 HP Elantra is abt 22-24K in the US. Car manufacturers are probably taking us for a ride.
kimmig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 16:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
The updated interiors and rear look better than before. Another change that needs to be focused on is the movement of the seat ventilation from rear seats to front seats. Previous Elantra had seat ventilation only in the rear. But most Elantra's that I saw where driven by owners so this served no purpose. I guess Hyundai recognized this and rectified it
This is factually incorrect. Elantra always had seat ventilation installed inside front seats only. I use it daily in Chennai summer. Rear seats currently dont have seat ventilation. The completely revamped facelift (Avante in Korean markets) has rectified this with both front and rear having seat ventilation besides other large changes such as a sun roof. There are not changes to seat ventilation in the current facelift.

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 20th April 2015 at 16:05.
bhaskaracs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 17:32   #14
BHPian

I normally look at every design / tweak from hyundai with crossed fingers. While i really appreciate the direction that the company has taken in the recent past, their designs at best, in my opinion, are quirky (bordering on garish). Of course an exception to this is the new Santa fe and the I20 (which of course a lot of buyers ruin by putting up huge chrome intake grills)

I have an elantra dlamps and particularly the tail lamps look very nice.
Old 20th April 2015, 17:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
This is factually incorrect. Elantra always had seat ventilation installed inside front seats only. I use it daily in Chennai summer. Rear seats currently dont have seat ventilation. The completely revamped facelift (Avante in Korean markets) has rectified this with both front and rear having seat ventilation besides other large changes such as a sun roof. There are not changes to seat ventilation in the current facelift.

When I called up a showroom to enquire about Elantra for a relative, last November , the salesperson told me that only the rear seats had ventilation.

Ironically just for this reason Hyundai lost a potential ELantra customer last year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks