Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 00:47   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New car used as a cab before delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.
Sorry state of affairs. Actually as a country, race, nationality, we have all lost that moral fibre. Corruption, cheating, fleecing, bullying, disrespecting and a total lack of concern for someone else's property have become a part of the DNA. Make money wherever possible, damn the methodology used.

I doubt if this practice can be stopped. How can a dealer stop such a nuisance. I can only urge you to atleast take more details about this incident and get this sorry excuse for a employee fired.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 09:10   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts.

Brand new Tiago being used to ferry passengers
Can this be moved to a new thread with the brand and dealership being clearly highlighted in the title? Only then will the negative publicity force them to respond and fix this sort of nonsense.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 10:50   #93
OSH
BHPian

Actually without having concrete evidence, it is not right to assume that this was done by the dealership's staff.

Couldn't it be possible that the owner himself or his driver was behind the wheel ? I have seen this happening so many times on the highways, where people who are driving alone many times give lifts to such people out of concern. I know that the car does not have a registration plate, but many buyers do take delivery before registration if they want the car on some auspicious day.
Old 11th May 2018, 11:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Actually without having concrete evidence, it is not right to assume that this was done by the dealership's staff.

Couldn't it be possible that the owner himself or his driver was behind the wheel ? I have seen this happening so many times on the highways, where people who are driving alone many times give lifts to such people out of concern. I know that the car does not have a registration plate, but many buyers do take delivery before registration if they want the car on some auspicious day.
Exactly. I faced a similar situation last week. I was waiting for my cab outside the metro station when an Activa with temporary registration stops and the rider asks me where do I want to go

For a moment I did not know how to react and couldn't understand whether it was a delivered vehicle or yet to be delivered one!
Old 11th May 2018, 11:43   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post

I highly doubt that the owner of a brand new car that's just come out of the showroom would want to ferry around locals out of concern. We Indians are known to keep the factory plastic covers on our seats till they tear apart. Anyway, it's highly dangerous to give a random stranger a lift on the highway, you can never be sure of their intentions. It's just a way for the staff to make a quick buck.
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 14:26   #96
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I highly doubt that the owner of a brand new car that's just come out of the showroom would want to ferry around locals out of concern.
What if the owner is himself a localite ? Aren't we partial towards people from our own locality ?

Regarding why someone would ferry people in a new car, I have seen poor street children in Pune being taken on drives in high-end luxury cars and given rides on superbikes, so if a person can do that, I don't see why someone with a Tiago will not help people by giving them a lift in his new car. Everyone is different and it depends on what an individual is willing to do or not to.

Anyways, there is so much uncertainty that we can go on and on trying to support our arguement but it won't do any good because all we have is a dashcam footage where the person uploading the footage has made claims according to what he "thaught" was going on.

Quote:
It's just a way for the staff to make a quick buck.
Yes it can be and frankly speaking the chances of the dealership doing such things is more likely, but my point was that there could be another side than what the video uploader is trying to show.

Another thing he mentions in the video discription is that there is a dealer sticker on the rear windshield. That on the contrary makes my doubt more clear that the car is driven by the owner or his driver because such stickers are put by the dealer at the time of delivery after taking permission from the owner, atleast here in Mumbai I have seen dealers follow this practice. Such stickers are not stuck at the stockyard because sometimes dealers amoungst themselves exchange cars at times, so if this stickering happens at the stockyard and then cars are exchanged, the second dealer does not have to sit and peal that other dealer's sticker before applying his own one.

Most Viewed