Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Re: New car used as a cab before delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Ever wondered what happens with your car before delivery?
Excellent work Shivjeet! The response from the dealer was appalling! Hope that MSIL takes firm action against the dealer.

We're expecting our new car which is in transit. The transit time from Rajasthan to Kochi as told by the SA is 10 days (vehicle expected on 6th May). Guess I should patrol the stockyard everynight from tomorrow (would think of applying a few Casual leaves for day patrolling too)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Running errands for the dealership or for the SE's personal work or utilizing as test cars is way too common everywhere using new cars with the red plates. But picking up fares with new cars by dealership personnel is rather, a new exposure.

Two weeks back I saw an accident involved new Polo with the red plates lying near Haripad on NH 47. These dealers then deliver these abused cars to poor unsuspecting buyers. Further they disconnect the speedometer sensors while using the new cars for such clandestine purposes.

It appears that the manufacturers are also hand in glove with the dealers, and turns a blind eye towards this racket.

Kudos for the excellent work in catching it red handed.
Cab service won't happen in Kerala. Mallu pride doesn't allow to earn petty amount for work with a risk of expose

If you visit Edappally junction and move towards the driection of Amrita Hospital, post 12 midnight, you can see brand new cars being unloaded onto the main road and then driven off one by one to the stockyard. I caught MSIL,HMIL and Fiat doing this activity. I believe Ford would also be involved since their stockyard is not accessible by container trucks.

I accidentally caught this, because I was coming via that route one late night and saw 2 brand new Ciaz lying like orphans on a side of the road. I was astonished to see that they were brand new cars. A second trip around the same time, I caught HMIL unloading Santa Fe and a couple of i20s at the same spot.

Have seen the activity in broad daylight at Vytila too, but that is right in front of the respective showroom.

Hope those drivers are not drunk, else, given the narrow lanes that they navigate to reach the stockyard, a small error would result in a big damage to the brand new car!

And I thought that cars were always unloaded in the stockyard!
govindremesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:50   #17

I have shared it on twitter and tagged maruti Suzuki and maruti swift..

Take a look at @mohangyani's Tweet: https://twitter.com/mohangyani/status/594747325869731840?s=09
Gyani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:54   #18
BHPian

Thank you for sparing your time and actually going out of the way to follow the culprit and click photos etc.

I have emailed this thread to a known C level person at MSIL.

Terrible to see dealers doing this for petty money! The driver, I'm pretty sure couldn't be doing this without the knowledge of the dealership as he wouldn't risk his job (and potential legal/criminal liability) for quick bucks. And if a MSIL dealership is part of such a racket for petty money (in comparison to selling cars), despite the volume of cars they sell every month, it's just a very sad situation and the greed is nauseating.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:58   #19
BHPian

This is just pathetic. I appreciate your patience in following up the story like a detective. Even more pathetic is the behaviour of the dealership. This again brings up the question, how much control do the brands have on dealerships and their activities? Is there some minimum code?
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:36   #20
BHPian

The bigger problem: if the car meets with an accident, how does the insurer treat it?

I am certain, in this process, a significant percentage of cars get damaged. This is where the game begins: delayed deliveries, absurd reasons like "delivery truck all tyre pinchered saar...so delayed saar" while attempting to cover up the dings, torn seats, scratches by shoddy jobs and delivering them to the unsuspecting non Team Bhpians or aam customers!

Sheesh! The largest seller....! Even the largest selling potato: the veggie seller doesn't let his potatoes off the sack...and here we have a full car astray!
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:45   #21
@KP
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2015 at 09:50.
@KP is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd May 2015, 16:43   #22
BHPian

Established dealers have become thick-skinned. Horrified to read this thread.
Just read this thread and coincidentally just back from Rohan motors, Golf course road, Gurgaon showroom.
Had gone for a Test drive of Ertiga Petrol & Ciaz ( had confirmed before hand)

Few points/observations
-made to wait for 45 minutes
- Unprofessional staff, whoever was allocated went missing and then another advisor would come
- Lastly told that both the TD vehicles are not available
- Seems Not interested to sell vehicles
- When enquired about Ertiga VXi with ABS or Ertiga ZXI without alloys from Rohan motor's pricelist, the sales guy told that these are just placeholders on the pricelist and can't be procured. I countered if they are printing this month on month for last 12 months, how can this just be placeholder. Also ZXI with and without alloys should be easy for Maruti Suzuki. Firstly its on their sale catalog and they need not alter their production lines to deliver this.

All in all Customer is certainly not the king for Rohan motors/Maruti
Faramir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 09:13   #23
BHPian

The same kind of rash driving happens with all new cars I believe. I've seen Audis/BMWs been driven by staff in a very rash manner accelerating like anything (in hosur road, Bangalore). I really feel bad for the owners who had spent their hard earned money on these cars and are eagerly waiting for the delivery expecting that "they will handled with care".

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2015 at 09:51. Reason: Language
sajusherief is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2015, 10:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Ever wondered what happens with your car before delivery?
I'm attaching the pictures in the sequence as it happened. I couldn't click pictures every time he picked and dropped someone.
Wonderful Job Shivjeet!! To go out of your way & follow the guy, click pics to bring out this shoddy practice of dealerships/drivers.

I initially wasn't skeptical of the dealership since sometimes there would be few errant drivers doing this under the nose of the dealership at the expense of their job. But once I read about you going to the dealership itself to report & the lackadaisical attitude of the sales guy there, shows there is more behind this than what meets the eye.

With most members shooting off emails to MSIL & sharing on social media, I hope this is really bought to light & the necessary action taken by MSIL. If only, consumer rights were much more stringent in India, dealerships would think twice about doing such stuff
manas_270 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:31   #25
BHPian

Thanks Shivjeet, for bringing this to the attention of all members. This certainly raises eyebrows on how business is conducted at Rohan Motors. I am sure that that top management will certainly act against the driver once they get to know of this incident. Apart from the driver, action should also be initiated against the guy Pradeep for not bringing such incidence to the notice of his seniors.

I have also written to them.

Unfortunately, I had visited their Noida showroom for booking of Ciaz on Saturday and to my horror the car on display had a broken seat height adjustment lever. The ZXI+ variant in white colour which was parked outside the showroom had soiled interiors.

Now with this coming to my attention, I will never buy a car from this dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
New car used as a cab before delivery-screenshot_20150504101811.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th May 2015 at 10:49. Reason: duplicate pic removed
mints21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:56   #26
BHPian

It is illegal to use a temporary registration car for commerce. It is only meant to allow transit of the car to the RTO/customer.

Can someone in the legal profession confirm?
SedatedDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 12:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
The same kind of rash driving the happens with all new cars I believe. I've seen Audis/BMWs been driven by staff in a very rash manner
Same thing happens in Mumbai also. However I think some of their buyers/owners have become smart and now mostly they are transported on flat beds. At least I would if I were to ever buy one of these cars. Unfortunately any sort of professionalism is sorely lacking in India.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2015 at 09:53. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 4th May 2015, 13:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
...Terrible to see dealers doing this for petty money! The driver, I'm pretty sure couldn't be doing this without the knowledge of the dealership as he wouldn't risk his job (and potential legal/criminal liability) for quick bucks...
This would be done without the consent / knowledge of the dealership mostly. The dealer would NOT bother to let the driver make some quick bucks.

Off-Topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
...If you visit Edappally junction and move towards the driection of Amrita Hospital, post 12 midnight, you can see brand new cars being unloaded onto the main road and then driven off one by one to the stockyard...
The night unloading in Kerala is primarily to avoid the loading / unloading unions.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th May 2015 at 13:40.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 13:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

Atrocious of the dealership's guys to do so. I really hope MSIL takes some stern action against this dealership and hoping that this dealer won’t rightfully deliver the car to the intended customer. He should get a brand new unused car by all means. I wanted to share the link on their Facebook page yesterday and saw that a few folks have already done that. I hope they don’t delete these posts citing bad publicity!

Appreciate your efforts Shivjeet! Nicely done man!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 14:39   #30

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2015 at 09:57.
aravindp is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks