Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 11:59   #46
BHPian

Re: VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
A question for Vento owners in Bangalore. How does the ground clearance hold up on the legendary humps in the city? I love this car and want to go for the 1.2 TSi option but really worried about scraping every hump on the road. I am fed up of doing the same with my current i10
I own a 2012 model Vento TDI and have been driving it for over 3 years all over Bangalore roads. Its ground clearance is sufficient. It can be problematic on some really huge speed breakers and certain insanely steep entry/exit ramps of some buildings/malls. However, I can safely say that even with 5 adults and some luggage I haven't faced much problem. The car's gc is good enough and not so bad that some careful/tactical driving cant take care of.

Also, do note that what most Vento owners/drivers mistake to be the cars underbelly/side running boards as scraping/touching the road, is actually mostly either the rear tow hook or the long mud guards of the car that are actually scraping/touching the road. This is my observation.

Regards
ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 12:05   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A question for Vento owners in Bangalore. How does the ground clearance hold up on the legendary humps in the city? I love this car and want to go for the 1.2 TSi option but really worried about scraping every hump on the road. I am fed up of doing the same with my current i10
I own a Vento TSI and have never had an instance of scraping on Bangalore Speed Breakers. If you are fully loaded with 5 passengers and luggage, you need to be more careful. Even then I have not had any major issues.

Note: apart from Bangalore my regular highway drive is on the Bangalore-Mysore-Bandipur stretches which can be considered the king of speed breakers. Never had an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Also, do note that what most Vento owners/drivers mistake to be the cars underbelly/side running boards as scraping/touching the road, is actually mostly either the rear tow hook or the long mud guards of the car that are actually scraping/touching the road. This is my observation.

Regards
ASVA
+1 to this. The tow hook is set quite low and ends up scraping in steep ramps or big speed breakers, especially when loaded with luggage.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th May 2015 at 12:07.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 12:55   #48
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. This worry alone was pushing me towards the Eco Sport. Now all I need is to figure out how much will it cost me to get original VW projectors & DRLs on those headlights & I should be ready to welcome a new member in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
I own a 2012 model Vento TDI and have been driving it for over 3 years all over Bangalore roads. Its ground clearance is sufficient. It can be problematic on some really huge speed breakers and certain insanely steep entry/exit ramps of some buildings/malls.
Regards
ASVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I own a Vento TSI and have never had an instance of scraping on Bangalore Speed Breakers. If you are fully loaded with 5 passengers and luggage, you need to be more careful. Even then I have not had any major issues.
Old 27th May 2015, 13:46   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. This worry alone was pushing me towards the Eco Sport. Now all I need is to figure out how much will it cost me to get original VW projectors & DRLs on those headlights & I should be ready to welcome a new member in the garage.
Hope you plan to wait for this face lift. Just the addition of cruise control in the face lift makes it worth waiting for in my opinion.
Old 27th May 2015, 14:07   #50
BHPian

Yes Most probably Nov/Dec. But based on TSI wait times, I guess I would have to jump in right at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hope you plan to wait for this face lift. Just the addition of cruise control in the face lift makes it worth waiting for in my opinion.
Old 27th May 2015, 17:49   #51
BHPian

Pre-bookings on the facelift has started. Dealers in BLR are accepting booking for the face lift version. The delivery cycle seems to be 1.5 to 2 months, so you could book now for a July delivery. The price seems to have gone up, no exact numbers though. Seems like it might break the 12 L line for Highline TDI DSG.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 11:50   #52
Team-BHP Support

The ORVMs on the facelift Vento are the electric folding type, confirms the service advisor from my dealership. He had been to the Chakan plant for some training recently.
Old 31st May 2015, 09:30   #53
BHPian

Mod Note: Our VW Vento Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

How many of these upgrades can be retro-fitted on to the current Vento? (Minus the chrome, of course) . I really like the integrated indicators and the tail lamps.

Bhodrolok, where do you plan to source these projectors?

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2015 at 11:28. Reason: Linking to Facelift Report :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks