Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 14:38   #1
BHPian

Uncamouflaged Chevrolet Cruze test mule spotted

Spotted 2 uncamouflaged Cruze test mules zipping in WOC road, Bangalore early morning today. I am not sure if these were was AT. Any mechanical upgrades expected this year?
Attached Thumbnails
Uncamouflaged Chevrolet Cruze test mule spotted-img_4381.jpg  

Uncamouflaged Chevrolet Cruze test mule spotted-img_4385.jpg  

Prash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:02   #2
BHPian

re: Uncamouflaged Chevrolet Cruze test mule spotted

Are you sure these are test mules or just new cars heading to the showroom to be delivered to a waiting customer? They seem to be identical to the current model being sold, and thus the question.
In fact, i have spotted a couple of such Cruzes' with TC plates on the Kadugodi road as well heading towards Hope Farm.
Old 6th May 2015, 18:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Are you sure these are test mules
Yes, I am pretty sure these are test mules. If you look closely at the windshield both front and back you can see the 'ON TEST' caption.
Also, its a GJ registration in Bangalore.
Prash22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 18:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Are you sure these are test mules or just new cars heading to the showroom to be delivered to a waiting customer?
New Cars heading to showroom would have KA TC plates and not the GJ plates that indicate the Halol plant of GM. They may be testing something that the Whitefield R&D unit came up with? In fact if you go over to the MLCP at ITPL (the higher floors), you may be able to spot some more test mules there

Last edited by uday.ere : 6th May 2015 at 18:44.
uday.ere is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 21:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Yes, I am pretty sure these are test mules. If you look closely at the windshield both front and back you can see the 'ON TEST' caption.
Also, its a GJ registration in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
New Cars heading to showroom would have KA TC plates and not the GJ plates that indicate the Halol plant of GM. They may be testing something that the Whitefield R&D unit came up with? In fact if you go over to the MLCP at ITPL (the higher floors), you may be able to spot some more test mules there
I guess you guys are right, my bad. Seeing that the exterior looks exactly like the current gen, I assumed there were new cars and not test mules.
So what do you think they're testing? Engine upgrade?
I do park at MLCP myself and can confirm that the 6th floor is always full of GM cars. I guess GM has taken over that entire floor.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 22:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

What could they possibly do to make the car sell now? Honestly prefer the clean lines of the original which never tried hiding the car's bold strong stance so either they go back to that or redesign those bumpers and grille. IMO the best way for Chevrolet to sell more units of the car one again, is to lower the price, at the end of the day, the Cruze doesn't handle very well, isn't all that spacious and the interiors don't feel as exquisite as a car of this class ought to. The only way they can sell it is to reduce the price to what it was before otherwise it simply doesn't present a value proposition anymore and any further updates would seem like just a waste of time and money.
Old 7th May 2015, 08:17   #7
BHPian

I can't make out any difference from the existing model and hence I feel like it might be some certification trials. Seen these 2 cars with the same number plate in the Kolar highway couple of times.
Old 7th May 2015, 08:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The Global unveiling of the Cruze facelift will be later this year. So this does'nt seem to be a facelift model on test.

Quote:
The debut of the new Chevrolet sedan is expected to Los Angeles Show in November, with sales scheduled to start the first months of 2016.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ft-2014-a.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2015 at 08:49.
Old 7th May 2015, 15:13   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Uncamouflaged Chevrolet Cruze test mule spotted

The current Cruze is at its end of life stage.

GM has a technical center in Bangalore, and also has Bosch do a lot of R&D for them. I wouldn't read too much into this. Several other GM mules have been spotted in Bangalore, including a Cruze petrol.

Related Thread.

And here's a not-for-India Corsa undergoing testing - Link.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 10:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post

Spotted 2 uncamouflaged Cruze test mules zipping in WOC road, Bangalore early morning today. I am not sure if these were was AT. Any mechanical upgrades expected this year?
Automotive News has an article about the "All-new Cruze" that may probably be headed to India in the near future.

Look here.

If this really does materialize, all the Elantras, Jettas and Octys...LOOKOUT!!

The "All New Cruze" looks just too Stunning and in that shade, looks better than many 50 lk cars in India today.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th May 2015 at 10:21.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Automotive News has an article about the "All-new Cruze" that may probably be headed to India in the near future.
Right Vik0728. There's already a discussion going on and the response i think is mostly disapproving since Cruze has moved out of its muscular look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...disguised.html
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks