Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 18:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi AMT launched at Rs. 4,99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post

But to be fair to Maruti, they didn't remove any features from the ZXI trim to introduce ZXI AMT. Looks like the ZXI variant always lacked these features.
I was wondering why someone could not actually look at the variants BEFORE accusing Maruti of deleting any features.

And ABS and an extra airbag would have been very welcome, but I think there are very few takers for the current ZXi(O), so Maruti might have just launched the AMT variant in ZXi trim.

Maruti knows what its customers want, and gives them what they expect. While there was no ZDi variant in the first generation Swift, now there is a ZDi variant. Likewise, if customers clamor for a Celerio ZXi(O) AMT, they might give one.
Old 11th May 2015, 18:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I was wondering why someone could not actually look at the variants BEFORE accusing Maruti of deleting any features.
Fair is fair. The Zxi variant on their other cars like Swift, Ritz, Ciaz etc. have these features. There is a lot of cross-segment shopping these days since people driving higher segment cars will still look at a Celerio AMT as a viable second car. They would naturally assume the much-awaited Zxi AMT is in fact a fully-loaded car and their expectations would not be met.
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 20:32   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

And ABS and an extra airbag would have been very welcome, but I think there are very few takers for the current ZXi(O), so Maruti might have just launched the AMT variant in ZXi trim.

Maruti knows what its customers want, and gives them what they expect. While there was no ZDi variant in the first generation Swift, now there is a ZDi variant. Likewise, if customers clamor for a Celerio ZXi(O) AMT, they might give one.
I am sorry buddy, to be frank, I was waiting since long for the ZXi variant of the Celerio AMT so that I can get a SAFE car as compared to the VXi variant that has NOTHING!

As a old Maruti customer I relate to the following:'

'L' : Lower variant (NO Safety)
'V' : Mid variant (Sometimes ABS/Dr Airbags optional - Like the Swift VDi ABS)
'Z' : Top variant (Fully loaded)

Now to my brain, I never understood the concept of ZXi (O) hence was thinking the Celerio ZXi AMT will be fully loaded with features and safety equipment. Now that Maruti has shattered that for me, I stick to Alto K10 VXi AMT.

We need to clamor more then to get the ZXi(O) in AMT equipped Celerio. God knows in which century that would happen.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 20:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Given most of Maruti's business is in the sub-million rupee segment, there's no excuse not to provide variant-spec consistency.

Now I can understand that Z(top)-spec of cars separated by multiple segments can't be expected to have similar features (e.g. A/B segment car Vs premium SUV), but it makes no sense to have inconsistencies between products that are separated by barely a couple of lac rupees (or less).

L/V/Zxi should mean the same thing for a certain price band w.r.t. features/spec, or the terminology loses all meaning.
Old 11th May 2015, 22:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
We need to clamor more then to get the ZXi(O) in AMT equipped Celerio. God knows in which century that would happen.
Customer feedback made (from what I garnered from reports) Tata offer the Zest AMT in XTA variant.

Similarly if there is sufficient customer interest, we may see Maruti offering a Celerio ZXi (O) AMT.

In the end, other than the Brio, the Micra and the Polo, we do not have a choice for an automatic hatchback with full safety features. There is no Asta (O) grade in the Grand i10 AT either.
Old 11th May 2015, 23:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Why is Maruti so stingy when it comes to ABS/Airbags, I just can't seem to understand this. Maruti (& Hyundai) really need to equip their cars with more safety features. How much would an additional airbag cost at factory level?
Cost factoring plays a vital role. Maruti and hyundai also compute after sales service average repair estimates which are dodgy to begin with.
Old 12th May 2015, 01:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

I don't see alloy wheels too in the list. Let me see what I am paying extra for in the ZXI trim Celerio. Well, other than the stock music system and a single driver side airbag, I am not getting anything.

Sorry Maruti. ZXI means two airbags and ABS + Alloys, why would someone buy one of these All talk, no walk ZXI versions anyway.
Old 12th May 2015, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I always thought i20 came with 6 airbags. 8 airbags is unheard of in i20.
*OT*

This example I saw had the following

2 in front dash/steering wheel
2 in A-Pillar
2 in B-Pillar
2 in C-Pillar

Can send pics if needed.
Old 12th May 2015, 14:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
*OT*

This example I saw had the following

2 in front dash/steering wheel
2 in A-Pillar
2 in B-Pillar
2 in C-Pillar

Can send pics if needed.
And I always thought the version I didn't buy had 6 airbags - 2 front, 2 curtain and 2 in the front seats. I own the i20 Asta version with only 2 front airbags.
Old 12th May 2015, 16:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
And I always thought the version I didn't buy had 6 airbags - 2 front, 2 curtain and 2 in the front seats. I own the i20 Asta version with only 2 front airbags.
OT - The curtain airbags are generally counted a one and not separate for front & rear passenger on the same side. Hyundai also advertised it as 6 airbags only - not 8! Here's a snapshot of an old i20 brochure
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi AMT launched at Rs. 4,99,999-i20airbag.jpg  

jessie007 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks