Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 11:07   #1
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi AMT launched at Rs. 4,99,999

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Celerio ZXi AMT in India at a price of Rs. 4.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The launch of the new variant coincides with the first anniversary of the Celerio in India.

The AMT does not need a clutch to be depressed and makes the car relatively stress-free to drive, particularly in traffic.

The exterior of the ZXi AMT features body-coloured bumper, door handles and door mirrors, fog lamps and ORVMs with integrated turn-indicators.

On the inside, the car is equipped with tilt steering, driver's seatbelt warning lamp, integrated music system with CD, USB, AUX-in and Bluetooth with 4 speakers, steering mounted controls, fabric front door trim, passenger's side front seat back pocket and a driver's airbag. The car does not get ABS.

Other features include keyless entry, rear demister, rear window washer and wiper and electrically adjustable door mirrors.

The Celerio ZXI AMT is powered by a 998 cc, 3-cylinder, K10B petrol engine that puts out 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 90 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm.

Name:  Celerio.png
Views: 21714
Size:  160.8 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2015 at 11:31.
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi AMT launched at Rs. 4,99,999

For the first time, Maruti has offered 'everything' in a car. Else, we would have to usually sacrifice something to gain something.
Flop car+automatic
Hit car+automatic-safety features
Hit car+satefy features-automatic

Next step would be to introduce Swift automatic in all 6 variants (3 Petrol + 3 Diesel).
blue_pulsar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Still only one airbag ? That's disappointing. There should have been one for the passenger as well.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:30   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
For the first time, Maruti has offered 'everything' in a car.
I am sorry, Maruti has missed another opportunity with the Celerio ZXI AMT.

Only drivers side airbag provided. What about ABS and Passenger side Airbag?

What on earth made them to skip it. Why is Maruti kicking themselves with such brain - less moves.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Maruti is averse to making its cars safe. At least give an option like Renault where one can choose a safety pack (RxL + kind of).

When I heard it was a Zxi with AMT, I thought it would just be a change in the transmission. But Maruti has given it a whole new definition.

Big time failure on Maruti's part but it might sell due to added features.
Old 11th May 2015, 11:50   #6
BHPian

Why is Maruti so stingy when it comes to ABS/Airbags, I just can't seem to understand this. Maruti (& Hyundai) really need to equip their cars with more safety features. How much would an additional airbag cost at factory level?
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It's the carmaker trying to be too smart by half again. Maruti's Zxi models have traditionally been fully loaded: ABS and dual airbags plus everything you get in the Vxi.
Caveat Emptor!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 11:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Still only one airbag ? That's disappointing. There should have been one for the passenger as well.
And I noticed that there is no ABS as well. That's really really crappy. I am sure that this was done to keep that price sub 5 lakhs.

At the same time, Maruti would have done its research. Maybe they know that the junta will prefer a keyless entry and the other "features" instead of the additional airbag and ABS.

Sad state of affairs this is.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 12:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

I know a lot of you might flame me for saying this but Maruti has actually very smartly launched this Zxi variant fairly well loaded by MUL standards at this price point. Just compare this with the Bolt Revotron XM which is priced marginally more.

Celerio ZXI has pretty much everything the Bolt has in terms of features + Driver Airbag + AMT.

Bolt XM has additional space, ABS, Harmon Kardon system ( maybe its superior to the Celerio system ) and of course the famous drive modes.

Now please tell me which option the aam aadmi will select ? !

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2015 at 11:51. Reason: SMS language
narayan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th May 2015, 12:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
but it might sell due to added features.
It will continue to sell just because it's a Maruti!
I did expect ABS and dual Airbags. Not so worried about Keyless entry system though.

Last edited by balajisv : 11th May 2015 at 12:08.
Old 11th May 2015, 14:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am sorry, Maruti has missed another opportunity with the Celerio ZXI AMT.

What on earth made them to skip it. Why is Maruti kicking themselves with such brain - less moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Seems like Maruti is averse to making its cars safe. At least give an option like Renault where one can choose a safety pack (RxL + kind of).

When I heard it was a Zxi with AMT, I thought it would just be a change in the transmission. But Maruti has given it a whole new definition.

Big time failure on Maruti's part but it might sell due to added features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Why is Maruti so stingy when it comes to ABS/Airbags, I just can't seem to understand this. Maruti (& Hyundai) really need to equip their cars with more safety features. How much would an additional airbag cost at factory level?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's the carmaker trying to be too smart by half again. Maruti's Zxi models have traditionally been fully loaded: ABS and dual airbags plus everything you get in the Vxi.
Caveat Emptor!
Quote:
And I noticed that there is no ABS as well. That's really really crappy. I am sure that this was done to keep that price sub 5 lakhs.

At the same time, Maruti would have done its research. Maybe they know that the junta will prefer a keyless entry and the other "features" instead of the additional airbag and ABS.

Sad state of affairs this is.

Gentlemen,

I am with you regarding your opinion on safety features. I also believe that Maruti should have given ABS and passenger Airbag as an option at the very least.

But to be fair to Maruti, they didn't remove any features from the ZXI trim to introduce ZXI AMT. Looks like the ZXI variant always lacked these features.

It's a shame that Maruti isn't offering a ZXI(O) variant of the Celerio which has the safety features we are taking about. Hope Maruti does offer it soon!

Please take a look at the Celerio variant comparison from our very own official Celerio review thread below.

Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXi AMT launched at Rs. 4,99,999-maruticeleriovariantfeaturescompare.jpg

-Naut
naut is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 15:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Actually Celerio Manual Zxi has similar features, one airbag and no ABS. Celerio Zxi option pack has all the features. So i guess Maruti is testing water here with Zxi. If they get good response, then they will soon launch Zxi option with all features.

Such tactics done by Maruti are criticized always but in general they are popular in market. But in my opinion they should have launched Zxi option as well now. It would have been great value for buyers. Within 6 Lacs they could have got fully loaded car on road. But companies don't think the way we do, can't help
Old 11th May 2015, 15:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

While it is good to see the Zxi version of the Celerio, it would have been much better if they launched the AMT in the ZXI (O) variant instead of the Zxi. It would have still been the cheapest automatic with 2 airbags + ABS.

The Celerio is not really a one person city run about, it is a family car and more often than not will have 2 people on board. Surprised that manufacturers follow this 1 driver airbag approach.

Having said that, well, at least something is better than nothing.
Old 11th May 2015, 15:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
For the first time, Maruti has offered 'everything' in a car.....Next step would be to introduce Swift automatic in all 6 variants (3 Petrol + 3 Diesel).
Quote:
Still only one airbag...
You read my mind.

Its not going to cost a bomb to give 2 airbags + ABS on a Zxi Trim and price it 5.25L Ex-Showroom. People would still buy it. Its less than 500Rs a month on a 4 year EMI plan!

--------EDIT------

A good friend picked up a *PRE WORSHIPPED* 2009 Hyundai i20 (1st gen) Automatic Top end.
It was loaded to the gills - power window, power steering, Auto HVAC, Auto Box, central lock + remote, 8-EIGHT YES-8- Airbags, SUNROOF, 5 alloys!! And only 30K~ Kms on Odo. Dude paid 4L for it! I couldnt stop cussing at him for such a raw deal...

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2015 at 11:54. Reason: Language
svsantosh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th May 2015, 15:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
A good friend picked up a *PRE WORSHIPPED* 2009 Hyundai i20 (1st gen) Automatic Top end.
I always thought i20 came with 6 airbags. 8 airbags is unheard of in i20.

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2015 at 11:55. Reason: Quoted post edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks