Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2016, 15:32   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ignis training cars have arrived in my city. Service training begins tomorrow.
Training for Nexa personnel started on 4th (Sunday). A 3 day program and is expected to cover all personnel till month end ( info - Bangalore).

Will come in 1,2L petrol variant ( AMT possible, to be confirmed), will know on all details shortly.
Likely to coincide with the Global launch in January 2017.

Breaking news - Ciaz 1.6 MJD training too is speculated to be packaged in this session.

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th December 2016 at 15:39.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 17:38   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Training for Nexa personnel started on 4th (Sunday). A 3 day program and is expected to cover all personnel till month end ( info - Bangalore).

Will come in 1,2L petrol variant ( AMT possible, to be confirmed), will know on all details shortly.
Likely to coincide with the Global launch in January 2017.

Breaking news - Ciaz 1.6 MJD training too is speculated to be packaged in this session.
That's some comprehensive information.

What is truly bewildering is that they have invited SAs from the regular MASS who aren't allowed to service NEXA cars. Don't know what the entire story is.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 18:24   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is truly bewildering is that they have invited SAs from the regular MASS who aren't allowed to service NEXA cars. Don't know what the entire story is.
Possible reason could be the training for Ciaz is both for the new 1.5 Petrol and the 1.6MJD.
While the Ciaz 1.6 would move to Nexa, the other variants would be retained with the regular dealerships.
Old 5th December 2016, 18:48   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NEXA Cars can be serviced at regular MASS. I get my Baleno and S-Cross serviced from a regular MASS who do not have NEXA outlet in my city. Service guys at this regular MASS were also trained for NEXA cars.

I just called up my "birdie" to ask about Ignis and Ciaz. He had been to Maruti plant recently for some other purpose( not training). He said that Ignis is ready and Maruti would launch 1.6 Multijet in Ciaz too and it comes with "sporty boot lid spoiler"

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th December 2016 at 18:58.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:10   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
NEXA Cars can be serviced at regular MASS. I get my Baleno and S-Cross serviced from a regular MASS who do not have NEXA outlet in my city. Service guys at this regular MASS were also trained for NEXA cars.
This is news to me. Sorry for going . Is your regular MASS a dealer workshop or a MASS?? Reason why I am asking is that Firstly my MASS(not a dealer workshop) isn't able to open jobcards for NEXA cars, and secondly, even the NEXA customer care redirects me to either a dealer owned workshop, or a MSM(Maruti service masters) workshop for any service on NEXA cars.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:29   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is news to me. Sorry for going . Is your regular MASS a dealer workshop or a MASS?? Reason why I am asking is that Firstly my MASS(not a dealer workshop) isn't able to open jobcards for NEXA cars, and secondly, even the NEXA customer care redirects me to either a dealer owned workshop, or a MSM(Maruti service masters) workshop for any service on NEXA cars.

Regards,
Shashi
I understood your point and time to clear the confusion.

Maruti has dealer workshops and Maruti approved service centres( who do not sell any cars, but only service). Maruti approved service centres ( non dealer workshop) are not authorised to service NEXA cars.

I get my NEXA cars serviced from a local Maruti dealer who do not own any NEXA outlet

I got your point wrong thinking you meant NEXA cars could be serviced only by dealers who have NEXA outlet.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th December 2016 at 19:42.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:54   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Current training is for SA's ( SALES) and if the regular dealer MASS SA's are too attending, it is clear only the Ciaz 1.6 MJD ( likely will be Sportz and available in top variant only)
Old 5th December 2016, 20:40   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said that Ignis is ready and Maruti would launch 1.6 Multijet in Ciaz too and it comes with "sporty boot lid spoiler"
So the 1.6 Ciaz would be available in RS trim of the Ciaz. In that sense, it would be good i guess. The Sporty Looks (Skirts, Spoilers) & Black Interiors would go well with that Potent 1.6 Multijet. Bring it on Maruti.

Quote:
Current training is for SA's ( SALES) and if the regular dealer MASS SA's are too attending, it is clear only the Ciaz 1.6 MJD ( likely will be Sportz and available in top variant only)
RS Variant ? Or do Maruti have any other plans ?

Quote:
Possible reason could be the training for Ciaz is both for the new 1.5 Petrol and the 1.6MJD.
While the Ciaz 1.6 would move to Nexa, the other variants would be retained with the regular dealerships.
Why would Maruti only sell that Ciaz 1.6 through NEXA ? Should one travel between NEXA & Normal Dealership to see & finalize Ciaz ? Maruti Better Shift the Ciaz sales to NEXA.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 20:48   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Why would Maruti only sell that Ciaz 1.6 through NEXA ?
Since Ciaz 1.6 will only be available in the highest trim, i.e Alpha ( like the 1.6 S Cross) and to differentiate it from the regular Ciaz.

Also most likely the Swift Sport will also follow this path.(2018)

Maruti does not expect huge bookings for these variants but a change in strategy for differentiation.

Well above are speculations (shared by Nexa personnel). Will have more details in the next days to come.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 08:43   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis UK / Ireland / Germany Pricing released, starting price at ~ INR 8.7 lakhs and 10.3 Lakhs in Germany!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2017suzukiignis4.jpg

Quote:
Available in 11 colors and equipped as standard with six airbags, air conditioning, and Bluetooth connectivity, the small-ish Suzuki crossover boasts six trim levels in the UK and Ireland. For AWD prowess, customers will have to go for the top-of-the-line 1.2-liter Dualjet SHVS SZ5 AllGrip, which is exclusively available with a 5-speed manual. The lesser 1.2 Dualjet SZ5 AGS is FWD-only, but its trump card is the standard 5-speed automated manual.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2017suzukiignisukrepublicofirelandprice.jpg

Germany
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2017suzukiignispricesetforeurope9999intheuk14210ingermany_1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th December 2016 at 08:45.
Old 6th December 2016, 09:12   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Ignis UK / Ireland / Germany Pricing released, starting price at ~ INR 8.7 lakhs and 10.3 Lakhs in Germany!

Attachment 1582597
The Price difference between the equivalent variants of Baleno/Ignis in the UK is around £1500 which amounts to around INR 1.3L. So I'm hoping that Ignis/Baleno would differ in pricing by atleast 1L in India. I'm looking forward to book the Ignis but if the price difference turns out to be only 50,000 as reported earlier, I might as well get the Baleno
Old 6th December 2016, 22:21   #357
BHPian

More Ignis pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2.jpg  

MercFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 21:50   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki starts the teasers to its next big launch IGNIS, speculated for a Mid January 2017 launch!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-22.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 09:47   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
133 liters of boot space? This is pathetic even by Kei car standards.
Luggage volume will be ~ 260 L (standard configuration) in 2WD.
Old 10th December 2016, 01:46   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki is all set to launch the Ignis as it's entry-level Nexa offering on January 13th, 2017.

Quote:
Unlike the recent Marutis that get most of their interior bits from a common parts bin, the Ignis will feature a new, premium interior with new switchgear, steering wheel, instrument cluster and even a Mercedes-Benz-like floating infotainment screen.
Expect equipment on offer to include projector headlamps, LED daytime running lamps and SmartPlay infotainmanet system.
Maruti is also expected to offer a great degree of customisable bits inside and out.
ACI

A not-so-glowing review by Car Magazine, UK:

Quote:
This car’s based on the same platform as the ugly-yet-likeable Baleno, and that means it weighs about as much as a spanner. In fact, in some guises it tips the scales at just 810kg, so you’d be forgiven for expecting great things from the handling.
Its steering is admittedly very sharp, and while you don’t get much sense of what’s going on under the skinny front tyres, its lack of heft means it’s keen to switch trajectory.Head out onto the motorway and the tall Ignis catches the wind like a kite, eliciting worrying corrective action from the driver as this featherweight tries its level best to change lanes by itself.
Over poor road surfaces it was simply uncomfortable, and hitting a bump too hard it felt like the chassis was going to bend.
The dash is a curiously busy two-tone hard plastic design; black on top and white on the bottom. Adding to this are colour-customisable air vents (carbon fibre-effect in our car, naturally) and cup-holder surround in the centre console – a feature that feels like it was made from the cheapest plastic this side of a packet of clingfilm. In fact, since your leg rests upon it, we can’t see this lasting more than a few thousand miles before something snaps.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks