Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 10:06   #391
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

The front portion of the car is definitely eye catchy and looks fresh and modern. However, the rear portion of the car looks way too odd. In the side profile and rear 3 quarter view, the car looks all blah!

Ritz, the car Ignis replaces, despite having a weird rear end itself, looked much better than this no?
Old 14th December 2016, 10:15   #392
BHPian

Looks good till the rear doors, after that, it is an eyesore. And in camouflaged test vehicles seen in gurgaon - it looks punny. Front has a WagonR stingray reference.

Best angle to look at is 3 O'clock from the front. I am not sure who will like those , as someone puts it, "adidas stripes" there. Horrible.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:29   #393
BHPian

Is Maruti.. Will sell. One of the ugliest Maruti that I have seen. Looks like a cross between Vitara and Uno. Seems Suzuki designers got too bored and just picked and chose bits and pieces from old Suzuki cars.
Old 14th December 2016, 10:37   #394
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the Ignis. The boxy rear got an 80s charm to it And with those huge black wheels, its got a lot of attitude. Something which is missing from most Suzuki cars!

In this era of design evolution where most cars end up just like its predecessor or some other brand, the Ignis is a breath of fresh air. And especially if you consider the ugly one from Suzuki stable the Ignis has replaced.
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 11:15   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I quite like the Ignis. The boxy rear got an 80s charm to it
Exactly! Contrary to the general response on the forum, I'm loving that refreshed retro look, that boxiness, those stripes, those big wheels, the interior, everything. Finally something that is not boring from the best seller. None of their recent designs felt exciting enough except this one. Inside out.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 11:18   #396
BHPian

I personally love the way the Ignis looks, especially the new blue shade. Big fan of those black alloys and the Interior with that floating display. Although, I still need to see the car in person to make a final decision. If the pricing is right, I would definitely consider it.
nimit3105 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 11:19   #397
BANNED

I think only the rear is a questionable design; other sides are ok for me.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/09/s...nfirmed-243507
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukiignisat2016parisshow.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 11:36   #398
Senior - BHPian

The Ritz had a pretty bad rear and this is no better. The front looks nice and I don't expect it to set the set the sales on fire but expect it to be a mediocre seller for Maruti. But its sales figures will still be better than most of the competition.
Old 14th December 2016, 11:58   #399
BHPian

Do the ridges above the rear wheel arch serve a purpose like adding structural integrity or something else? A tribute to Adidas being my guess.

IMO, extended wheel arches like this on a small car are extremely scratch prone on Indian roads where space is a luxury.

While the front looks nice, the rear looks makes it look like they ran out of steel after creating the Baleno which has a hump for a back. What a contrast!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutisuzukibalenobackview.jpg
Old 14th December 2016, 14:06   #400
Senior - BHPian

Ignis reminds me more of old Fiat Gt.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-fiat.jpg

The retro looks of Ignis looks great and fresh in this era i guess
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 14:52   #401
psn
BHPian

Going by the photographs here, I think the car doesn't look very good. Esp. when car manufacturers like Renault and Hyundai are churning out some serious lookers in the segment like the Kwid and i10 grand(mainly this comment is on the fluidic design concept). Having said that, I think the photographs given here may not be doing justice, as all the reviews that I am reading are talking about the good looks of the car.

Top Gear:
http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ignis/first-drive

Car:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...t-2017-review/

Autoexpress UK
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...is-2017-review

Autocar Uk
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...allgrip-review

Motoring Research
https://www.motoringresearch.com/car...iant-small-car

Hopefully, its far better in the flesh than in the pictures.
Old 14th December 2016, 16:35   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

One interior shot of the India-spec Ignis.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-igintw.jpg

This seems like a lower variant, judging by the knob on the lower left of the ICE unit & the lack of steering-mounted control buttons.

Also, if you notice closely, the screen size of the ICE display in the center is smaller in comparison to that huge tablet-like HU.

Also, doorpads and lower dash panels in beige can be seen, confirming a two-tone interior layout scheme.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th December 2016 at 16:36.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 16:46   #403
Senior - BHPian

The sloping windscreen looks ugly IMHO. So this car will sit just below the Swift right?

A traditional form for the hatch might have been better.
Old 14th December 2016, 17:20   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This seems like a lower variant, judging by the knob on the lower left of the ICE unit & the lack of steering-mounted control buttons.

Also, if you notice closely, the screen size of the ICE display in the center is smaller in comparison to that huge tablet-like HU.

Lower variants get a Panasonic non touch HU and the top variant gets the Bosch touchscreen. Similar combination as S-cross.

Bluetooth setup button is on the HU.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 09:29   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Germans ( Auto Bild) reviews the Suzuki Ignis!

Conclusion:

A Panda Cross and Panda 4x4 competitor for buyers who prefer a reliable Japanese.

Quote:
Very sporty!
Suzuki has revived the Ignis after an eight-year break. The new Ignis is less angular and really sporty.
With retro elements of other Suzuki models
In contrast to the dice-shaped predecessor, the youngest Ignis is quite rounded, spiced up with some retro elements. So remember the three air outlet dummies in the C-pillar to the Fronte Coupé of 1971 - a rear-engine cars, the then Giugiaro designed.
Quote:
A small car with a whistle
Suzuki still knows how to build small cars with a certain whistle. The long-distance shift of the Fondbank is really practical - as developers were at work with a sense of everyday driving. The all-wheel drive version is one of the last all-wheelers to use a viscous four-wheel drive - solid, electronic-free 80-year technology. The ESP does not bother them - a freewheeling makes it possible. Unfortunately, such a system can not be programmed proactively, so that it forces power to the rear wheels even when accelerating.
Micro-SUV
Quote:
One can actually speak of a micro-SUV, because the driver's seat can be raised to a height of 29 centimeters above the floor - which can also be far greater representatives of this species not more office-like. Also the ground clearance of 18 centimeters
Quote:
With a turning circle of 9.40 meters, the Suzuki Ignis takes hold everywhere.

Almost everything on this car can be described as sporty, from the sufficiently precise guided five-speed transmission over the almost too hard suspension to the direct electromechanical steering, which no longer has any play around the middle position - would not that sluggish, Much too soft seats, which do not want to fit the crunchy rest so completely. Please upgrade or offer Sportsitz
Updated- Ignis @ Maruti Suzuki,

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-22.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th December 2016 at 09:49.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks