BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Some more facts...both exterior and interior, including roof wraps
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some more salient point...Brezza is currently produced.
Thank you Volkman10 and RavenAvi for that valuable piece of info before the launch. The retro design of the Ignis is gradually winning me over. Those alloys look a little out of place though. I was getting a good deal on the Grand i10 this month but I think I am going to wait for the Ignis launch before making any decision on this front.

P.S. Is that a carbon fiber texture on the circular AC vents?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th December 2016 at 04:55. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users. Review posting rules.
targaryen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 00:48   #422
BHPian

I am really glad that Maruti has chosen to do something really different with the Ignis - discard a lot of items from the Swift bin and give something unique to this car.

The steering looks very nice and seems to be inspired from that of Honda City (especially the bottom spoke in V shape finished in dull silver) The ACC controls also look different.

However, I am astonished how Maruti treats the customer who pays big money - especially from Nexa perspective

S-Cross the most expensive vehicle from the Nexa stable gets the worst looking alloys (even the new one is not that good looking IMO) and comes with JK tires. Baleno gets slightly better looking alloys with better Apollo tires. Now, Ignis comes with these cool set of alloys and Bridgestone tires.

Some of the points mentioned below also kills logic IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Headlamps feature LED DRLs and LED projector headlamps, the latter being a first for Maruti Suzuki.
Both S-Cross and Baleno gets bi-Xenon projectors but Ignis gets LED projectors (supposedly better tech - need to see the results)

Quote:
- Exterior body colour has been carried over in the interiors for some insert and Raised tab like 7 inch touch screen features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Neither S-Cross nor Baleno gets Android Auto as of now. I hope Android Auto is carried over to these cars also via an update - especially since the HU seems to be the same in all 3 cars.

Quote:
- Will comes with ISOFIX child seat restraint system and ABS and front dual airbags will be standard across the Ignis variants
Why Maruti? Why?? Why not give ISOFIX in S-Cross and Baleno???

Last edited by Vigkey : 16th December 2016 at 00:49.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 04:40   #423
BHPian

Is it foolish to expect an ISOFIX seat in SCross very soon. I can't figure out the rationale why SCross and Baleno couldnt get these. In terms of safety the European spec SCross is fully loaded. I guess we can blame it on the regulators and expect zero conscience from our manufacturers here. Sad truth perhaps.
Old 16th December 2016, 07:33   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Should I change the booking to Ignis ?Will this Ignis be as good all-rounder as Baleno ?
The Main Reason for considering & Booking Baleno is Space, Big Boot, 1.2 Petrol Engine, and off course Maruti Reasle & After sales. Will the Ignis be as good as the Baleno is ?
What do you guys think ?
Having seen the Ignis in Japan earlier this year, my recommendation would be to evaluate the Ignis basis your requirement.

Ignis is clearly a city car and not meant for highways. With its dimensions it will be a hoot to drive and park in tight spaces.
Highly refreshing interiors with carbon fiber trim at air vents,

Compromises - looks quirky -hit or miss? ( seen divided in this forum too!)
Boot space smaller than Baleno,
Purely a 4 seater.

Like the Vitara Brezza the dual tone color will be an extremely popular choice,

Targeting the youth here, the Ignis – in line with its target audience -- will roll out at an EDM music concert on 13th January

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

More detail pics of the Ignis,
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161215075416_igx3.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisbootvolumeunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisheadlampunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiigniscarbonfibertrimunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisdashboardunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisdoorpanelunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisgloveboxunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisinstrumentclusterunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisautomaticclimatecontrolunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignissteeringbuttonsunveiled.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignistaillampunveiled.jpg

Link

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2016 at 21:39. Reason: Typo
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 07:55   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
However, I am astonished how Maruti treats the customer who pays big money - especially from Nexa perspective
That's how it is in the matured markets. New models launched should ideally be better than older ones in technology and desirability. Even though Ford lost their way with Aspire, it was good to see the car debut with more power and more airbags than the Fiesta sitting in the higher segment.

We used to live in stone age where a new car in the lower segment from any manufacturer was forbidden to have better spec than the existing ones in the upper segment. That's not how it should be. The market will move forward so little if that's the case.

And I am pretty sure S-Cross and Baleno is going to get updated accordingly when the respective face-lifts are here. MSIL is super aggressive nowadays. Nexa debuted models with great kit and they aren't sitting idle and are constantly moving the goal post. We should be happy! Over to you Hyundai!
deetjohn is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 10:01   #426
Team-BHP Support

I like this car, somehow it reminds me of my hot wheels model

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-lancia.jpg

Source: http://www.delta-integrale.com/image...xterieur_3.jpg

Now the real question is how are they going to price it. I am looking for a replacement of our aging santro AT and this fits the bill perfectly in AMT, only dampener would be pricing, if they price it close to swift then i would rather buy that even if it is manual. If on road prices are in the range of 6 Lakhs then it is perfect for this perfect city car.

Someone was comparing it with the new baleno, which is wrong. This is definitely a notch or two lower and is a pure play city car in i10 space if you ask me. Hope and pray the pricing also is
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 10:16   #427
BHPian

This car looks good from the front, did they run out of budget when it came to the back? Those tail lights look hideous.
Not quite sure why Suzuki does not put some effort into the interiors, they always looks so drab when compared to its competitors.
Am also a little confused about the Nexa branding, what it is supposed to cater to? I thought they were looking to move the "premium" cars to Nexa, now everything appears to be headed there.
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 11:27   #428
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
This car looks good from the front, did they run out of budget when it came to the back?
How I wish Suzuki had extended Ignis to a longer one, and with a wrap-around rear wind screen! At 4.25m length, with a 1.4L Turbo Petrol / 1.6L DDiS and 300 - 350L of boot space, this would find many takers, I guess. Bulging wheel arches, floating roof and dual tone exterior will give it the necessary SUVish look.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignishybrid4_3_3_2_1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th December 2016 at 11:46.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 11:29   #429
BHPian

The Ignis owner will suffer from AC blowers directly throwing cool air at the fingers.
This would make longer drives, even within city painful, when AC is on.

The model displayed in the unveil pics is a 5 seater without sliding back-seats. If the sliding seats are given as an option, then it would be good.

Also rear visibility is a concern as the glass area ends higher from the ground; the driver may not be able to see objects closer to the rear of the car.
Old 16th December 2016, 13:20   #430
Senior - BHPian

I guess Ignis will look much better if it gets normal silver alloys. Black not looking that good for sure. Too gaudy for me at least. Overall looks good package, price will be key now.

I read somewhere that it can get DDiS in AMT Avtaar, is it true? That can be real game changer in this segment for sure. Has anybody have any update on that??
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 13:26   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess Ignis will look much better if it gets normal silver alloys. Black not looking that good for sure. Too gaudy for me at least. Overall looks good package, price will be key now.

I read somewhere that it can get DDiS in AMT Avtaar, is it true? That can be real game changer in this segment for sure. Has anybody have any update on that??
As per the article on Economic Times "The Ignis will come strapped with a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-diesel engines. Automatic gear shift technology will be available across both fuel options

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/56009761.cms
Old 16th December 2016, 14:06   #432
Senior - BHPian

I can't come to terms with the following aspects in the look of this car:

- XXL sized touchscreen HU for a small car. Looks almost like somebody's did a M-Seal job of a 7 inch tablet to the fascia.
- Odd looking fascia and colour combination. Beige was bright enough to cause glares. Why white?
- The interiors in general remind me of the feeling I had seeing the Etios' interiors in flesh when it was launched in 2010.
- Raised stance. Looks totally out of place for this car. Would've looked much better atleast from the outside without that raised GC. Hell with our obsession for high GC
Old 16th December 2016, 14:19   #433
BHPian

It's definitely a quirky looking design, but in a nice way. Like it. I don't know why but this car reminds me a lot about the Honda Navi.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:28   #434
BHPian

Everything about this car looks good so far.

What I sincerely expect from Maruti is to not cut corners with the sheet metal quality.
Almost every Baleno on the road has dimple shaped dents on the door near the handle which speaks a lot about the inferior metal quality Maruti is using.

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2016 at 21:38. Reason: Typo
Old 16th December 2016, 14:55   #435
BHPian

How I wish they had integrated the touchscreen HU better. To me, it sticks out like a sore thumb. It might even be mistaken to be an actual tablet by people who know no better, and attract unwanted attention of car equipment thieves out to make a quick buck. The interiors otherwise are not bad.

Baleno automatic is a CVT. Now Ignis comes with an AMT box. Makes you wonder if they are really serious about NEXA being the premium outlet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks