Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 13:53   #451
BANNED

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

I think only Vehicle Under 10 lacks to pack LED projector, Andriod Auto/Apple Car, Customisation, what not Maruti again redefining the small car scenario, kudos, only let down is its width, feels more like Wagon R upgrade than Ritz, Eager to see the price tag from maruti
raghumach1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:54   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghumach1234 View Post
I think only Vehicle Under 10 lacks to pack LED projector, Andriod Auto/Apple Car, Customisation, what not Maruti again redefining the small car scenario, kudos, only let down is its width, feels more like Wagon R upgrade than Ritz, Eager to see the price tag from maruti
Hello raghumach1234, welcome onboard.

Exactly, it looks like a Premium Version of WagonR, with similar stance, square design, even the Central AC vents are from Old WagonR. But, Maruti have done well to equip the car with all features they can & also the customization would benefit the younger generation (They are targeting these people).

It's now upto the pricing, and going by Maruti's history, it will be priced very well. Expect this too to be a blockbuster hit.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 14:59   #453
BHPian

As usual, an over priced (expected, due to the key words used by marketing people, millennials,gadgets) over hyped car from Maruti. Maruti knows, it will sell, with the goodwill from the last 30 years. Celerio was a car which fooled many. Wagon R, is still selling after 15 years. No offence to owners of Maruti cars, but there are better cars. By the way, hope Indians get the same Ignis sold in Europe. The crash test (Euro NCAP ) was good.

commonman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 15:13   #454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
As usual, an over priced (expected, due to the key words used by marketing people, millennials,gadgets) over hyped car from Maruti. Maruti knows, it will sell, with the goodwill from the last 30 years. Celerio was a car which fooled many. Wagon R, is still selling after 15 years. No offence to owners of Maruti cars, but there are better cars. By the way, hope Indians get the same Ignis sold in Europe. The crash test (Euro NCAP ) was good.
"Wagon R is still selling after 15 years" is like saying Corolla is still selling after 50 years. Wagon R, like Corolla, is a brand name and will go on for many years because of its success. The Wagon R on sale here in India is 4th or 5th gen model.

And Marutis are associated with lots of things but almost never with overpricing.

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th December 2016 at 15:20.
SmartCat is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 17:04   #455
BHPian

INTERIORS INTERIORS INTERIORS !
The interiors of the Ignis, seem to be a refreshing change. Is there some kind of groove between the LHS AC vents ? And also a kinda ledge running along the lower end of the Tab. Some more pics of this one please.
I think many are going to buy this car for its INTERIORS and I guess these interiors with the TAB are gonna start a trend both below and above this segment.

I'm looking for a similar Tab for my bare bones E90 BMW.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2016 at 19:48. Reason: Grammar, Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
rxpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 17:21   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Well, If they overprice it, it will not find market among millennials, period. Millennials are risk takers, willing to spend extra for "perceived value". Overpriced Maruti will not cut that, in this segment at least. I would be pleasantly surprised if they manage to overprice it and it finds success among the young generation (maybe, the parents will over power them and force them to buy the "safe" bet, a maruti). Otherwise, leave aside what maruti market it as, it will sell to regular Junta only, those who buy celerios etc.

P.S. no offence meant to anyone here.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:31   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1) Rear tail-lamps and tailgate (that curves inwards) are the only weak points in design department.

2) The XXL sized front head-rest might seriously affect visibility for the backseat passengers.

3) The tab really looks funky - imitates the interiors of premium German cars.
-The massive C piller gives it the eighties look
-The loutish front head rests may also affect driver rear visibility (left side 3/4). They should downsize them.
- The Tabs gonna start a new (Mercedes set?) trend

Last edited by rxpaul : 19th December 2016 at 17:36.
rxpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 19:03   #458
BHPian

Maruti, even though having close to 50% market share, had to revise the prices after S-Cross was overpriced.

Now with the DeMo effect, Indians will see value proposition in the products they purchase. Also, size matters in India. So, Maruti has to be very careful in pricing this small Car or rather Ultra Compact SUV.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th December 2016 at 19:13. Reason: ...
Old 19th December 2016, 22:46   #459
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or is there simply too much going on with the design and not enough cohesion? The rear looks weird and the rear lights are very dated. And then there are too many details like the Adidas logo, the black alloys, glossy mirrors, blackened A-pillar, hood vents on the side, black roof etc.

More is not always better - especially if they're standard fitment on a car. This sort of fad may be "in" today but the design simply won't age well.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 19th December 2016 at 22:49.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 13:06   #460
BHPian

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed here but here goes,
the so-called Adidas stripes are not something new.
It has been adopted from the 1977-1978 Suzuki Cervo CXG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Cervo

Those 3 stripes have been on the Suzukis since then. And looking at the evolution of the Cervos, the 4th gen evolved into what we got in the form of the Maruti Zen.

Looks like those stripes have a rich lineage them.
Old 20th December 2016, 13:30   #461
BHPian

The thing which I find most irritating is the fact that MS cars keep sharing so many parts with existing models, that one does not get that 'new' feeling.
Based on the pics, it is clearly visible that the 'Start/Stop, Parking, ORVM controls etc' buttons are simply copied from Ciaz. I wonder if Ciaz also borrows it from another model.
For a manufacturer who deals in such high volume productions, surely costs associated with such changes can be easily justified.
Old 20th December 2016, 13:44   #462
Senior - BHPian

Outside - front looks good and refreshing, rear is left to subjective views. I personally do not like the rear third area from side.
Inside - dash and central console looks good, buttons, the rear seats & doorpads look maruti generic.
Old 20th December 2016, 16:40   #463
BHPian

The interiors look a lot like Wagon R, especially the seats, gear lever position, cup holders, glovebox and handrest and controls on the doorpads. I was not impressed with the display quality on the Baleno's touchscreen, interested to see if that has improved in Ignis. The engines on offer must be great fun to drive on this car too. I liked the front end of the car very much , but the boxy and disproportionate rear spoils the overall look for me. The rear window glass looks considerably smaller in width than the front window, almost half of the door?
Old 20th December 2016, 18:46   #464
Senior - BHPian

Something about the back end of the Ignis kept bugging me from the first time I laid my eyes on it - felt like deja vu. Then it hit me.

Doesn't it look clearly "inspired" from the old Fiat Uno? (pic courtesy http://www.roadsmile.com/)
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-fiatuno_key_15.jpg  

KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 10:49   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
If this is priced Significantly Cheaper then Baleno,
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But it cannot go above the bigger Swift
Indicated to be priced below Swift.

Quote:
the pricing accordingly should range in the region of Rs 5-7 lakh, ex-showroom.

Ignis to come in 2 customization kits – Terra and Sprint,
Quote:
The 2017 Ignis will be offered with two customization options, namely the Terra and Sprint. Though the company didn’t reveal much about these options, as the name suggests, the Terra will have rugged additions while the Sprint will have more of vinyl options.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st December 2016 at 10:50.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed