Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 12:31   #571
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It depends on the complexity of the Headlamp Assembly. Also being OEM, I don't think there will be any damage to the Headlamps unless the car is involved in Accident.
Thank you. I was referring to any electrical malfunction, ie if the LED goes bad in the Headlamp (or DRL) is it as simple as replacing just the LED or LED+Projector or even the entire Headlamp assembly? If it is the entire assembly, I am guessing the cost will be in the range of ~15 - 25K.
Old 4th January 2017, 12:51   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Does AMT Zeta have extra features compared to Zeta Manual? Maybe some bits of Alpha.
Sorry, no extra feature other than AMT.
Old 4th January 2017, 14:10   #573
Senior - BHPian

I called up NEXA Customer Service on 1800-200-6392 and asked if the Ebooking amount would be 100% refundable. To this the lady said they have not yet received instruction whether this would be fully refundable or not.

She said there is a chance that there may be a Cancellation Charge and hence she cannot assure of a 100% Refund as of now. However she added that for the S-Cross they had given a 100% refund but as for Ignis they are awaiting further instructions...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 15:49   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's IGNIS compared to its peers including Swift, in dimensions, performance and features. As usual pricing is the key here to determine its dominance in this segment.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-dimensions3.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-infographics_layout.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-feature1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th January 2017 at 16:07.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:27   #575
Team-BHP Support

Darn this maruti, as usual messed up choices by offering AMT to limited variants. Why can't they just give the darn top spec all options?! instead of limiting it to manual transmission!! They will never learn or understand buyers preferences.

Will await for price announcement, then will have to make a call if to book or just move on.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:41   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Darn this maruti, as usual messed up choices by offering AMT to limited variants. Why can't they just give the darn top spec all options?! instead of limiting it to manual transmission!! They will never learn or understand buyers preferences.

Will await for price announcement, then will have to make a call if to book or just move on.
Exactly my thoughts. Why cant they have the same trim levels for both variants is beyond me.

A buyer opting automatic transmission car is already ready to pay the premium over the manual transmission cost, hence a few more features with that extra should be offered to the buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I called up NEXA Customer Service on 1800-200-6392 and asked if the Ebooking amount would be 100% refundable. To this the lady said they have not yet received instruction whether this would be fully refundable or not.

She said there is a chance that there may be a Cancellation Charge and hence she cannot assure of a 100% Refund as of now. However she added that for the S-Cross they had given a 100% refund but as for Ignis they are awaiting further instructions...

I recently cancelled my Ciaz booking and they deducted Rs. 250/- from the Rs. 21000/- that I had paid to book a few days back. They said this was standard but since the car had not been allotted they didn't charge more. Had the car been allotted to me they would have cut Rs. 5000/- in case of booking cancellation which the sales manager wrote and gave to me while giving the welcome booklet.

On the other hand the Honda showroom guy informed me that they charge from case to case during the cancellation, but couldn't talk to him more on this topic.
Old 4th January 2017, 19:16   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's IGNIS compared to its peers including Swift, in dimensions, performance and features. Attachment 1591942

Link
Whoever did this comparison, has got boot space for Swift and i10 wrong.
It stands at 204 and 256 liters respectively.

Below the official review link for reference
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 20:28   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They will never learn or understand buyers preferences.
Ironic statement for a company with 49% marketshare.
Dry Ice is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 20:41   #579
BHPian

Update on my booking done online : Got a call around 6 30 pm from NEXA - OMR and the person asked me if I had enquried or booked and when I mentioned I had paid the 11k online he said someone would call me from the showroom tomorrow and I would have to sign a booking form and give Pan card copy and a photo.
From the way he communicated looked like all he had was the name and contact no and car variant chosen and no address details.
So, would the booking be considered official only after the form is signed - beats the purpose of booking online and getting a reference no. after physical papers signed.
Would wait for the call tomorrow for clarity and cancellation details.
Old 4th January 2017, 20:41   #580
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to couple of sales guys from NEXA , on behalf of a friend.
Even if we book a car today, price of the car at the time of delivery is the one which is taken for account.

I was quite shocked to know this.

Not sure if this is the practice for other brands as well.
Old 4th January 2017, 20:52   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Even if we book a car today, price of the car at the time of delivery is the one which is taken for account.

This is the norm followed everywhere. The fine print also mentions this, price prevailing at time of delivery is to be paid.

My cousin has booked a Delta Petrol for my uncle as the car will be mostly driver driven. He has an option of changing variant by 23rd if he wants to. Booking was done yesterday at Nexa in Gurgaon.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 21:02   #582
BANNED

Quote:
They will never learn or understand buyers preferences.
Just like mass and class films, there are mass and class products in auto industry. Maruti is mainly a producer of mass products. Class products in their kitty is limited to gypsy, zen, old baleno sedan and s-cross imo.

Understanding those limited customers' mind is one thing, but playing to their tune is another thing, as profitability is the main driving factor.

But the question: "what will happen if a 40K is added to a mass product's top end's price tag" is still valid. But as it is clear from their variant distribution (sigma in petrol only), a lower price tag is clearly what maruti is looking to advertise ignis. The talk about ignis top end overlapping with a possible starting price of scross petrol (when it is launched) will harm its prospects.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th January 2017 at 21:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 01:50   #583
BHPian

I booked a Tinsel Blue(wasnt allowed to select the dual shade) Petrol Alpha IGNIS at around 12pm today on the website.
Highlights of what happened after this.
- I get a call from the Bimal NEXA Mahadevpura showroom manager in 2 hours first congratulating me on the booking and asking me for all the details I already submitted on the NEXA Website. Also asked me for a copy of my PAN.
- She tells me that I can change variant/colors before 23rd Jan
Now, eventhough unnecessary, I visit the NEXA showroom in the evening and
-she tells me I will be given a TD car on 14th and that the display car will be available on 13th.
- Deliveries for the Petrol will be 4-6weeks after the formal launch. That's the 3rd week of Feb
-Any new info on the car will be communicated to me since she is my relationship manager
- 100℅ refund in form of a cheque if I want to cancel the booking.
- showroom has already received 35 bookings in the last 24 hours.
-No info on pricing yet.

Now why did I book an Ignis before even driving it or reading an Indianised review ?
1. Because I have ample amount of time between launch date and allocation date to decide based on the pricing.
2. I get a full refund on cancellation.

Why the Ignis ?
Honestly I don't know why. Maybe because I am fed up of finding that perfect used car at the realistic used car price (considering Bangalore's exorbitant user car market) and because I need a car ASAP.

All I need is
1. a capable car
2. good amount of Tech (read Apple Carplay, electric mirrors, projectors, DRLs, a good steering unlike the Hyundai EPS crap, good looking alloys),
3. a decent highway cruiser (read: Tyre upgrade straight out of the showroom) for just the wife and me.
4. Good resale (in case we decide to leave country in 2 years)
5. Good driving dynamics.

Will the Ignis fulfil my requirements ? I honestly cant say yet. Come February, I will know.
If it doesn't - Cancel the booking and restart used car search again ��

Last edited by theMAG : 5th January 2017 at 23:26. Reason: References to illegal highway speeds removed.
Coplay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 06:49   #584
Team-BHP Support

The Ignis was on display yesterday at Phoenix mills centre quadrangle at Lower Parel. In case anyone is interested.
Old 5th January 2017, 09:07   #585
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
We own a Brezza. Had a bit of mishap in the garage where a pole hit the front left at very slow speed. The headlamp slightly cracked from the inside and had to replace the entire thing.
Did the Brezza hit the pole or did the moving pole leap out of a dark corner and grievously assault the Brezza?
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks