Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 17:10   #736
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Sorry for a completely off-topic post, but could not contain my sarcasm. Instead of buying the Ignis Diesel Alpha, put some more and get the entry-level Hexa.

What pricing.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2017 at 17:43. Reason: Please go through Announcements sections, stick to one or two smilies per post. Thanks.
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:10   #737
BHPian

Awesome prices! May be those who sell one kidney to buy an iPhone can sell the other to buy an Ignis!
octane_100 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:15   #738
Senior - BHPian

30K higher than expected IMO. It does have some segment first features but the Alpha variants seem to be a little over-optimistic in pricing. But that makes the rest of the versions look bare bones especially in the ICE department.

Good thing that Maruti has acknowledged error in pricing earlier and we might see a little reduction in pricing a year down if all other costs are stable.

And again good thing they didn't get the AWD model. Would have jacked up the prices to Himalayan levels.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 13th January 2017 at 17:35.
Old 13th January 2017, 17:16   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Highly irresponsible statement by Kalsi. This statement will drive away prospective buyers.
Pricing higher than expectation is one thing, justifying with such brainless statement leaves a very bitter taste.
Highly irresponsible statement by Kalsi -- Correct

Pricing higher than expectation is one thing, justifying with such brainless statement leaves a very bitter taste. -- Correct

This statement will drive away prospective buyers. --A bit of an over-reaction.

Does anyone decide to buy/not buy a car based on some random comments made by big shot guys! There are going to be hundreds of factors which will keep the prospective buyers away. MSIL unfortunately made Pricing as the top factor. That's all!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2017 at 11:54. Reason: Quoted text edited
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:23   #740
BHPian

Definitely overpriced @RavenAvi. I agree.

Zeta Diesel AMT, onroad price in Bangalore will be around ₹9,05,000/-.

And Alpha Diesel will cost around ₹9,47,000/-

I guess, there maybe another shocker from Maruti, by raising the prices of Baleno & Brezza to make IGNIS look cheaper.

AGS or AMT was introduced in Celario at a premium of ₹25K, but now the Cheaper Automatic has gone up to ₹55K. Either Maruti is milking the cow or exploiting the customer's preference. In both the cases, it's destroying the choice of the Customer.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:23   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Disappointing 'Introductory' Pricing. A strong reason in itself to look elsewhere.

Tiago's VFM proposition gets emphasized. Figo diesel makes a compelling case. Even the price of GT starts justifying itself.

Still expected to do well on strength of badge it wears.
I second that. Figo diesel looks super VFM now. Sadly, Ford is not able to translate into good sales. I do not know if Maruti badge would help here. Maruti cars have been successful due to right pricing always.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:24   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see the way prices are bound northward! If Hyundai demands a premium, it's because of the quality of interiors, even if they skip on features. Ignis variants except Alpha looks downright ugly and I don't see any reason to go for a lower variant.

I'd rather put a 50K additional and buy a Baleno than this car. May be, that's why Maruti priced it this way. This almost tells me that even the Swift wouldn't be a worthy buy since it'll be slotted between the Ignis & Baleno.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
...Zeta Diesel AMT, onroad price in Bangalore will be around ₹9,05,000/-.

And Alpha Diesel will cost around ₹9,47,000/-..
9L for a mediocre interior quality product with a lame AMT and 10L for a small car! Money has no value now I guess!

PS : Can't stop comparing. I paid 5.2L (ex showroom) for my Swift VDi ABS in 2008 and the Ignis Zeta retails at 6.9L (considering both are topend-1 variants). What makes them charge the 1.7L extra for the Ignis? That's a 30% hike on the Swift's price.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th January 2017 at 17:52.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:24   #743
Team-BHP Support

Day Light Robbery!

When i heard Nexa, i was like - oh oh..

When i saw the specs it was - darn!

When i heard the price i am ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY GUTS OUT!

Come on Maruti what were you thinking? Who is going to pay 8 to 9 lakhs on road and that too for a automated manual transmission (not even a proper cvt or such). And you are still bullish about being introductory price?!

Will it sell? definitely it will! but how long is the question? At this price point the yuppies will run out of money soon and then it will become yet another product in Nexa gathering dust like the previous launches.

I think as a product it is a better version of celerio, a modern gen z approach. Now if it had come with features like turbo multijet, AWD, Regenerative power plant, Radar then one would have blindly gone and paid 10L since the technology demands that money. In indian avataar only thing one can call as technology is LED headlights and the media connect, both conveniently omitted for AMT.

Thank you Maruti but no! i am dropping the plan to buy this product. Rather go with those amazing used deal for a Polo TSi and have a grin on my face!
Jaggu is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:24   #744
Senior - BHPian

I actually see this car as a replacement of and kind of next generation if Ritz. And going by that, it's definitely overpriced. Moreover, no AMT for top variants, and I know this car is not for me anyway.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:25   #745
BANNED

7.8 lac ex showroom Delhi for Alpha diesel, and 6.91 for Zeta diesel.

This translates to:
7.8 + 0.624 + 0.30 = 8.724 on road Gurgaon

For a lesser amount, I got a VW Polo D Highline after the discounts.

Petrol Zeta is 5.75
This translates to:
5.75 + 0.345 + 0.20 = 6.295 on road Gurgaon

For hardly 20k extra, I got a Polo 1.2 P Comfortline.

IMO, this is absurd pricing for an absurd looking car

Last edited by Eddy : 13th January 2017 at 17:30. Reason: Removing off topic content.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:26   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone plese tell me i am wrong.

Ignis Diesel Alpha 7.8 lakhs ex showroom(Delhi)
Ciaz VDI SHVS Diesel 7.73 lakhs ex showroom (Delhi)

What has gone into Maruti?

If I get a 5 seater, segment best spacious, most fuel efficient among all Indian diesels, a full size C2 sedan that is more powerful and with a 510 liter boot for the same price(cheaper actually), why on earth will I buy a wagon r with make up?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 13th January 2017 at 17:29.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:43   #747
BHPian

We all thought Ignis will be a rich man's Ritz/Wagon R but Maruti priced it thinking it's a poor man's MINI
Here "introductory prices" simply mean they will increase it if Ignis sells in good numbers, even with this kind of steep pricing. I have a feeling it will be a hit, reason being we go crazy for anything that looks SUVish, gives 26kmpl mileage and its a Maruti. Though I would love to be proved wrong.
Debajyoti is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:46   #748
Senior - BHPian

Getting a feeling that maybe this time when the "introductory pricing" timeline fades out, the "post - introductory pricing" will actually come down?
arjab is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:48   #749
Senior - BHPian

I badly wanted to have a compact diesel auto for daily chores of Delhi Traffic. And MS has just crashed my dream of owning the diesel Zeta AMT. No way I am gonna pay 8.6 big ones for an adidas show box without a driver's seat height adjuster.
Poor show, MS.
sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 17:57   #750
BHPian

Well, this price tag is a shocker. Jazz CVT and Polo TSi look VFM in comparison!! Never imagined i would say this.
jvm_1986 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed