Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 06:34   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The car has scored a pretty average 3 stars in Euro NCAP even with all the safety features built in such as low speed collision avoidance camera
The car with the safety camera has got 5 star rating. The other version with just 2 airbags has received 3 stars, same as Baleno, which is not really bad.

Last edited by rahul412 : 17th January 2017 at 06:38.
Old 17th January 2017, 08:41   #917
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
For those of you who are wondering how the base Sigma interiors will look like, here is a screenshot from the official site. Seems like you can't get rid of that floating tablet design after all.

Attachment 1596255
Thanks I was really searching for this image and found it nowhere. I think that the way the tablet thingy protrudes in front must surely be reducing the air throw of the vents in direction where they encounter all that plastic. It will be interesting to know how well the back seat occupants will get cool air.
Old 17th January 2017, 08:46   #918
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellow bhpians have posted pics of the Ignis in blue shade over the last few pages. Is this the Urban blue shade or the Tinsel Blue shade? I myself saw the Ignis in blue shade but forgot to specifically ask this to the Nexa RM.
Old 17th January 2017, 09:43   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
Guys chill, the launch of Ignis was just an advertisement for Baleno and to clean up the last few units of swift which are lying in stockyards right before the launch of new Baleno and new swift.

But MSIL couldn't recognise it as a costly advertisement.

Ignis development cost of 950crore = advertisement cost for existing swift & Baleno.
This seems to be true!

A friend of mine went to Nexa to check out the Ignis and the SA was stating that the Ignis is not really matching his profile (40+ and family of four). Apparently the Ignis is meant for younger ones, way younger ones. They promptly offered the Baleno.
Old 17th January 2017, 10:08   #920
th2
BHPian

After looking at the Ignis in the flesh, the face lifted Honda Brio Automatic with its CVT, is suddenly looking like a good alternative.
th2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 10:15   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Fellow bhpians have posted pics of the Ignis in blue shade over the last few pages. Is this the Urban blue shade or the Tinsel Blue shade? I myself saw the Ignis in blue shade but forgot to specifically ask this to the Nexa RM.
It is called tinsel blue, red with black roof seems to be the ideal color in my opinion.How ever MS chose blue for marketing. I m the odd one out in this forum till now but every thing about the car excites me. Hope they had alpha amt. Im 40+ , have a six pack, great family ..but may be midlife crisis or im young at heart I like it throughly as a daily driver.Its better than when people buy a fortuner for 40lks and thank god that they get 13kmpl mileage tank ful to tank ful .

Last edited by west : 17th January 2017 at 10:26.
west is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 10:16   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
After looking at the Ignis in the flesh, the face lifted Honda Brio Automatic with its CVT, is suddenly looking like a good alternative.
AFAIK, the tranny is a 5-speed torque converter and not CVT.
Old 17th January 2017, 10:29   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I think that the way the tablet thingy protrudes in front must surely be reducing the air throw of the vents in direction where they encounter all that plastic.
I had the same doubt. I wanted to check this out during the showroom visit but they wouldn't start the car. I will have to wait for the test drive now to see how well the vents function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
They promptly offered the Baleno.
Haha! I am in my late twenties and when I visited the Nexa showroom to check out the Ignis, I casually asked about the Baleno. I was promptly discouraged with lines like "Sir it still has a 3 month wait list" and "Sir same engine and safety features in Ignis are at a lesser price."
Old 17th January 2017, 10:37   #924
BHPian

So I was checking out the Ignis brochure and I noticed that the AMT version that they've shown includes the cockpit style switches of the alpha variant. So is maruti planning to launch an Alpha AMT later on like they did with Ciaz Zxi+ AT and Baleno Zeta AT? Or maybe it's just a Photoshop job.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-screenshot_2017011708481231.jpg  

nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 11:33   #925
Senior - BHPian

The AC knob console which is being frowned upon is actually being highlighted in the Ignis Ad or am I getting it wrong as maybe the knobs in Manual AC units are ugly.

Similarly the tab is getting polarised opinions and I am in the 'loved it' camp. It also reminded of the tacho used in Ritz and A-Star which really looked cute as well as an afterthought.

If not for AMT and also not for the fact that we already have A-Star with proper AT, I would definitely have booked Petrol variant by now.
Old 17th January 2017, 12:12   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
For those of you who are wondering how the base Sigma interiors will look like, here is a screenshot from the official site. Seems like you can't get rid of that floating tablet design after all.

Attachment 1596255
The Sigma's interiors are much more acceptable compared to the rest IMHO. That tab like structure is a show spoiler though.
Old 17th January 2017, 12:24   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Some infographics shared by CarDekho
Thanks for sharing this.

I have always felt that my 2012 Ritz VDi ABS has a better build quality than my 2014 Ertiga and 2016 Baleno CVT

Quick question - Is the manufacturing cost of a vehicle with Good build quality without ABS and Airbags the same as a vehicle with Tin Can build quality and ABS/Airbags? What's Maruti's strategy?

The reason I'm asking is both Ignis and Baleno come with safety pack right from the base model.

I'm worried as a Baleno owner

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 17th January 2017 at 12:25.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 12:48   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Quick question - Is the manufacturing cost of a vehicle with Good build quality without ABS and Airbags the same as a vehicle with Tin Can build quality and ABS/Airbags? What's Maruti's strategy?
Ignis is 200 kg lighter than VW, Toyota and Honda cars which passed Global NCAP test. Which of below two points is correct, take a guess:
1. VW, Toyota and Honda are not smart so they don't know how to make light cars.
2. Maruti cars are unsafe.
Old 17th January 2017, 12:51   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Ignis is 200 kg lighter than VW, Toyota and Honda cars which passed Global NCAP test. Which of below two points is correct, take a guess:
1. VW, Toyota and Honda are not smart so they don't know how to make light cars.
And then we have Tata/Mahindra cars which weigh like behemoths and failed the test.

Etios was cursed to be a lightly built car until the NCAP rating came out. Finally which of Honda cars manufactured and sold in India even went through the Euro NCAP, to include them in this list?
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 13:07   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
This 200kg light Baleno/Ignis was as structurally stable as the cars you have mentioned, according to EuroNCAP. So weight doesnt say anything when comparing entirely different platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
And then we have Tata/Mahindra cars which weigh like behemoths and failed the test.

Etios was cursed to be a lightly built car until the NCAP rating came out. Finally which of Honda cars manufactured and sold in India even went through the Euro NCAP, to include them in this list?
Mobilio passed GNCAP. But , weight and structural stability has no correlation when comparing different platforms. Mobilio is a nobody among Honda's sales, but even for that, structural stability is a given. Corporate ethics is what matters when the same company sells the same car in 2 different markets with different structural safety. Looks like Maruti has improved after Baleno.

Last edited by deerhunter : 17th January 2017 at 13:17.
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks