Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 13:28   #946
BANNED

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

The first generation Swift was introduced in 2000 as a replacement for the Suzuki Cultus. Outside Japan, the "Suzuki Ignis" name was used.
M AUTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:41   #947
BHPian

BANGALORE (MAHADEVPURA) NEXA SHOWROOM UPDATE:

TEST DRIVE Vehicle will be available only by end of this month.
Reason? They claim they do not know why which IMHO is a blatant lie. I think they are milking the juice out of their production plants to make a few Alpha's. This again is going to affect the delivery schedules for many a customer.

In the meantime, I have time only till January 23rd to finalise my color and variant because I booked it online. Making changes after 23rd will result in me moving out of priority list and my booking becomes new, pushing me way behind others.

Now, how can I confirm the booking of the Alpha Petrol when I haven't even seen it? I cannot. I am fed up with the company's attitude.
So, I will cancel my booking on the 22nd and go buy a nice used Duster/Terrano for 60k lesser than the asking price of 855,000/-(dual shade) and be happy.

Last edited by Coplay : 18th January 2017 at 13:54. Reason: Added more info
Old 18th January 2017, 14:53   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

As Ignis is nearing its launch in EU, most sites have the Ignis road tests,here is one from UK and another from Germany- Terms it as a Very Honest Car!

Old 18th January 2017, 19:30   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's latest launch Ignis gets 8500+ bookings!

Quote:
The car, which was launched on 13 January, has received close to 8,500 bookings (as of 16 January).
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 20:30   #950

Personally I feel the car is overpriced. At first impression felt it looked like a Wagon R with a face-lift, especially from the front. The back angle is definitely not a looker either, with a feeling that an alto was placed on top of "something" with flared wheel arches. The only time flared wheel arches looked good IMHO was on the classic VW beetle and somewhat moderately on a Swift.

While I can vouch by MSIL engines ( previously owned a Swift and Baleno - loved them!!), cant same the same about some of their recent designs (New Baleno, Ignis, even Swift for that matter). But clearly a lot of people don't share the same feeling, as is evident from the large booking numbers. Definitely the diesel seems to be overpriced, cutting into GT territory. Wouldn't go for one as the millennial is not impressed.Anyway who cares about the millennial, isn't it.
Old 18th January 2017, 22:49   #951
BHPian

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484759892.244655.jpgThe Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1484759914.029697.jpg

Sharing couple of pictures of the Ignis booked by my uncle in replacement for his Ritz VXi.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 03:24   #952
BHPian

Hi,

Long time since I have been on t-bhp.

Dad wants a easy to drive car for the city and we are thinking about the Zeta AMT. Can someone please confirm if the Ignis Zeta has the old style rotary knobs for the AC/heater or buttons similar to the ones seen on the top end Alpha variant with the Auto AC.

Thanks!!

Last edited by kapilvgupta : 19th January 2017 at 03:26.
Old 19th January 2017, 07:27   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post
Hi,

Dad wants a easy to drive car for the city and we are thinking about the Zeta AMT. Can someone please confirm if the Ignis Zeta has the old style rotary knobs
Only the alpha has the ACC, all the rest have old style rotary knobs.

Cheers!
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 08:01   #954
BANNED

More info on Maruti suzuki ignis

1) Do you know Ignis is a successor to Maruti zen a.k.a cervo 4 and swift was a successor to Maruti esteem a.k.a suzuki Cultus.

2) Do you know ritz is a product of joint collaboration of opel and suzuki.

3) Do you know ritz has nothing to do with ignis, but an independent product like Astar and brezza. I mean to say they do not share dna with any suzuki line. Ritz is sold as suzuki spash /vauxall agila/opel agila in europe as replacement to wagon R, which is now replaced by celerio.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:50   #955
BHPian

I got a call yesterday from my RM saying that I have been allotted the Ignis and I can proceed with the payment to get the delivery. The test drive vehicles are still not available. So I'm not sure what is Maruti doing. I have insisted on a test drive and I wouldn't be buying the car without that
Old 19th January 2017, 09:17   #956
BHPian

Saw one Alpha version on the flyover in front of IIT Madras yesterday evening around 6 PM. Could have been a test car. Not sure if they have started delivery yet.

I personally liked the way it looked. Sure does grab attention with the headlights on. I am sold on the looks for now.
Old 19th January 2017, 09:36   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Saw one Alpha version on the flyover in front of IIT Madras yesterday evening around 6 PM. Could have been a test car. Not sure if they have started delivery yet.
That is the media drive car, drive was/continues in Chennai.

The very first clue by SVP on the Ignis -Drive!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-oo.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 10:09   #958
BHPian

Can this ever be an enthusiast's choice? I don't think so, neither of someone who looks for a VFM package. I was shocked to see the prices, Swift being ready to be launched and the good pricing of Baleno in the past, I thought Ignis is going to be a sweet deal. Neverthless, inititial booking numbers was a surprise dispite of the rediculous pricing, where the Indian auto market is heading to? and then I thought about Ford Figo twins, no more a surpsrise!
Old 19th January 2017, 10:45   #959
BHPian

Checkout the on road price in Blore. Ignis Delta Diesel @8L on road Bangalore..
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-whatsapp-image-20170119-10.34.38-am.jpeg  

vin_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 11:37   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Checkout the on road price in Blore. Ignis Delta Diesel @8L on road Bangalore..
If one is going to bang his head by seeing the prices for cars in Bangalore, then that is what he would be doing all his life.

Ignis (barring the Alpha variant) is priced on par with the competition. Alpha does carry some segment first features and one has to decide to pay the price or not to want them.

Up to the customer to buy it, but Maruti feels the goods are worth the price for now.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks