Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 10:15   #976
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

While most Auto Magz have come out with their review, I'm really looking forward to the extensive & exhaustive review by TEAM-BHP.
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 10:36   #977
BANNED

More info on Ignis 2017.

1) Do you know the first generation ignis is a joint venture of suzuki and chevrolet.

2) Do you know 1gen ignis gave way to old swift from 2005 under suzuki, 1 gen chevrolet Cruze under GM and justy under subaru. Although 1gen ignis is sold under name ignis in some markets until 2008.
M AUTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 10:41   #978
BHPian

THIS IS WEIRD
I get a call this morning from the NEXA showroom manager in Bangalore. This is how it went
SHE: Congrats Sir, your Blue & Black Alpha Petrol has been allocated. You will receive the car in 10-15 days.
ME: Whaaatt . I haven't driven the car yet. When are you getting the TD car.
SHE: Sir, the TD vehicle is also coming in the same lot I think.
ME: Whaaatt
SHE: I understand your concern sir. If you want to wait till the TD car is here, you wont be in priority list anymore. We cannot assure you when you will get your car. It might take more than 8 weeks.
ME: Whaaatt OK, I will think about it and get back to you by EOD if I want the car on not. Bye

Maruti is basically telling me, take it or leave it. If you're not interested, we have made 10000 bookings already, so many fish in the ocean.

Last edited by navin : 20th January 2017 at 11:30. Reason: removed smiley - limit 2 per post.
Coplay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:14   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ignis bookings cross 10,000 units, beats company's optimistic estimates!
Just curious, is there any possibility to get a variant wise booking numbers?
Old 20th January 2017, 11:14   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
THIS IS WEIRD
SHE: I understand your concern sir. If you want to wait till the TD car is here, you wont be in priority list anymore. We cannot assure you when you will get your car. It might take more than 8 weeks.
Maruti is basically telling me, take it or leave it. If you're not interested, we have made 10000 bookings already, so many fish in the ocean.
Wow! Is it an industry first to force the customer to buy a car without a TD? I understand, Maruti should have many customers who would blindly buy a car without a TD because it's a Maruti; guess it happened with Baleno a lot.

Not even offering a TD before the delivery, with a gentle threat that you will be relegated in the wait list, should be an industry first! This when the car is supposedly from a premium brand (Nexa) and being premium it is supposed to cater the customer better, isn't it? Wow again!

Last edited by teemus : 20th January 2017 at 11:18.
Old 20th January 2017, 11:29   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SHE: I understand your concern sir. If you want to wait till the TD car is here, you wont be in priority list anymore. We cannot assure you when you will get your car. It might take more than 8 weeks...

When people book the car without even seeing it, why would Maruti care?! Customers themselves create an un-desirable trend in their rat race and then it becomes a double edged sword.

I suggest you write to Maruti about the problem. I also suggest you pass the opportunity and grab the car when it comes in the next lot. There is no way they can deny you the car as per the priority. It can happen only if you cancel the booking and re-do it later.

My assumption is, a strong worded mail with the name of the advisor should set things right in case of Maruti; but yeah, we are talking about Nexa - so I don't know.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 11:46   #982
BHPian

Quote:
THIS IS WEIRD
The same thing happened with me as well. I have also booked a blue and black alpha petrol and I was offered the delivery of the car. I said I can't buy it before a TD.
I don't know what's wrong with Maruti. How can someone buy a car without even a TD
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 12:22   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This photo from wikipedia is of the 2003-08 Ignis. Rear looks good.
But for the Christmas tree tail lamp, I would have mistaken it for Yeti. Elegant, in my view.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:11   #984
BANNED

End of the day it's a Maruti. People will lap it irrespective of whether it looks good or bad or performs good or bad.

it will change only when People start giving due importance to other brands as well.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:22   #985
BHPian

Quote:
THIS IS WEIRD
I get a call this morning from the NEXA showroom manager in Bangalore. This is how it went...
To begin with i completely agree with @swiftnfurious. Customers themselves are solely responsible. And as far as i believe in this case it must have been miscommunication. She might have meant priority list as the one who gets the vehicle in the first lot itself. You might get yours in the next lot or as per the allotment process if you drop your allotted vehicle. And it isn't surprising for Nexa to behave this way. They might have a set of cars coming and its their duty to allot them to the customers. And they have done so based on priority. If you drop yours there might be other customers who will accept it and it is quite obvious that you will be pushed back in the line. And i feel the RM has rightly stated that. If you want to have a TD experience, you might get the car if your satisfied with the TD and there are vehicles still available in the lot or else you might get it in the next lot as per the queue. She says that she can't assure to provide the car in priority and rightly so it does make sense. I don't think shooting mails to Maruti or anyone in that matter would help in this case.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:56   #986
BHPian

Quote:
I get a call this morning from the NEXA showroom manager in Bangalore. This is how it went
The Car allocated to me arrived and was officially unveiled at the Siliguri Nexa Showroom yesterday. And the test drive cars have yet to arrive. I'm running around for my bank loan and requesting the Nexa people not to let it go to somebody else who just pops in there and pays cash.

They assured me that they would hold on to it, till i come and see it. But if I decide to change the variant or colour, it's understood that I'll be in the waiting list.

Waiting impatiently for the TeamBHP review!

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2017 at 19:50. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 20th January 2017, 14:14   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Wow! Is it an industry first to force the customer to buy a car without a TD? I understand, Maruti should have many customers who would blindly buy a car without a TD because it's a Maruti; guess it happened with Baleno a lot.

Not even offering a TD before the delivery, with a gentle threat that you will be relegated in the wait list, should be an industry first! This when the car is supposedly from a premium brand (Nexa) and being premium it is supposed to cater the customer better, isn't it? Wow again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
<snip>
I don't know what's wrong with Maruti. How can someone buy a car without even a TD
I wouldn't say it is something new. When I booked my Honda City iVTEC, the TD vehicle was still more than a month away. However, they did offer the Diesel for test drive to experience the ergonomics and get the general feel. But then it was an established platform and it was a leap of faith for me. Why can't customers do the same for Maruti too?

Delivery vehicle being available before the test drive model is something weird though!
Old 20th January 2017, 14:15   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
To begin with I completely agree with @swiftnfurious. Customers themselves are solely responsible.
Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say. My point is, as a basic courtesy to a customer, you need to let them drive the car before buying it. This is not a phone you buy online.
She is just doing her job and is quite helpless IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
The Car allocated to me arrived and was officially unveiled at the Siliguri Nexa Showroom yesterday. And the test drive cars have yet to arrive. I'm running around for my bank loan and requesting the Nexa people not to let it go to somebody else who just pops in there and pays cash.
Looks like we have similar problems. I really do not understand how customers cars are arriving before TD cars. Pretty sure deliveries of this car are going to be hectic.

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2017 at 19:51. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 14:23   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
I wouldn't say it is something new. When I booked my Honda City iVTEC, the TD vehicle was still more than a month away. However, they did offer the Diesel for test drive to experience the ergonomics and get the general feel. But then it was an established platform and it was a leap of faith for me. Why can't customers do the same for Maruti too?
Yes, but it's not entirely same, is it? As you TD the Diesel that means you are talking about ANHC. Though it's a complete new generation for the City; the City was not a new car. It had a background of 3 generations IIRC. Moreover, you at least got a TD, albeit for a diesel. You can have some general idea of what to expect.

This clearly is not the case for Ignis, isn't it? It's an all new car with no background as such (platform might be common but then that doesn't say much about the whole package).

Quote:
Delivery vehicle being available before the test drive model is something weird though!
Exactly! Instead of pushing vehicles down the throat of genuine customers without a TD they could have first sent the TD vehicles and then the next lot for deliveries. Why the rush?
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 14:36   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say. My point is, as a basic courtesy to a customer, you need to let them drive the car before buying it. This is not a phone you buy online.
She is just doing her job and is quite helpless IMHO.
Exactly correct!! thats where the entire process is wrong IMO. If you look at it the booking process must itself begin after proper arrangements for the TD vehicles and display are made at the dealership and people book once they are completely satisfied. It is quite wrong to start the booking process before even the vehicle is properly launched. Its all done to create a hype and set a trap to a small extent. We all saw how the thing for Ignis went and sure there will be people who fall into the trap and buy the vehicle without properly checking out the car, fearing late deliveries and later rant about the negatives(if they find any) but Maruti still makes its numbers. And Most of them infact booked the vehicle like it was some mobile phone and Maruti showing the attitude is quite not surprising at the moment. Its always like that in the market these days and sadly one can't help. Maruti had done the same thing in the case of Baleno and they might continue to show their don't care attitude if the ignis sells like hot cakes too.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks