"Hello, Ignis. My name is Tiago."

Pics credit Ramesh Parameswaran.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-image1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-image2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 13:29   #1022
BANNED

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

When is the T-BHP review of the Ignis coming ? Autocar's review is out already ! They (Renuka Kripalani) have given it a big thumbs up, despite the excessive pricing, which was not covered in detail. Waiting to see the non-projector headlamp one, don't like the projector-DRL looks ... looks spooky !

The difference in height is 60 mm with the Tiago (1595 Ignis, 1535 Tiago). However, in this picture by Raven Avi, the height difference is not that perceptible.

Can gyanis advise between the Tiago and Ignis or Celerio for an upgrade from my Nano for wife ? Height is a mandatory feature for both of us (I am used to the ARIA), manual gear is preferred, daily commute is about 60-70 kms in Delhi. FE is an important factor.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 13:34   #1023
Team-BHP Support

While the petrol Ignis is a good package the diesel just seems overpriced. Especially when you compare it with the Ford Figo. The Figo petrol is unimpressive but the diesel with 100PS, 6 airbags, Ford SYNC system seems like a much better package at nearly 1L lesser than the Ignis. That's a big difference.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 13:58   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

A millennial's ( MotorBeam's ) review of the Ignis

..and one from PowerDrift!

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2017 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 14:26   #1025
Team-BHP Support

I took a look at it today. the showroom only had the Zeta version

Decent space, bit smaller than a swift but larger boot
White plastics will look grotty over time
Unless you get the top sepc Alpha - it does not really stand out

No test drive cars were available

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd January 2017 at 16:05. Reason: Alpha Zeta swap
ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 17:37   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more video reviews.

1. Zigwheels-Pretty comprehensive IMO(but doesn't come close to TBHP)

2. Quikr Cars

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 18:26   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
While the petrol Ignis is a good package the diesel just seems overpriced. Especially when you compare it with the Ford Figo. The Figo petrol is unimpressive but the diesel with 100PS, 6 airbags, Ford SYNC system seems like a much better package at nearly 1L lesser than the Ignis
As it happens, I have a recent copy of the Figo pricelist to hand, to compare with the Bangalore pricelist for the Ignis that vin_b provided recently.

Comparing the Figo diesel to the Ignis diesel, we get the following picture:
Name:  Figo vs Ignis Diesel.gif
Views: 6920
Size:  7.3 KB

I've not studied the details of the Ignis variants to give a perfect match, but decided to align the costliest variant of each car, followed by their respective lower variants. I've obviously omitted AMT variants and dual-tone variants from the Ignis to maintain parity with the Figo.

This shows the Ignis diesel is a cool 60k costlier (ex-showroom difference is 60k, OTR in B'lore is 75k) than the Figo diesel in the top-end variant. Anyone in the market for a diesel who values function over form, or performance over form, should give the Figo a good hard (re)look.

On the petrol front, the position is similar for the manual variants, with the Ignis commanding a premium over the Figo. However, it will be very hard to recommend the Figo's 1.2 petrol engine over Suzuki's K-series engine!
Name:  Figo vs Ignis Petrol.gif
Views: 6990
Size:  8.5 KB
Note: to me it appears the Ignis Sigma variant is a loss leader like the Figo Base variant, hence I've aligned both. On the automatic front, the Figo AT has priced itself well out of contention against the Ignis AMT.

Attaching price lists and comparison sheet for the reference/use of others.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford India 2017 01 Jan Figo Price List.pdf (411.5 KB, 1373 views)
File Type: pdf Ignis Prices.pdf (91.7 KB, 324 views)
File Type: xlsx Figo vs Ignis Prices.xlsx (9.6 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by arunphilip : 22nd January 2017 at 18:37. Reason: Corrected engine name
arunphilip is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 20:13   #1028
BHPian

Made the payment even before the test drive (couldn't believe I did that) however I spent lot of time inside trying to judge various things and hopefully there will be no nasty surprises when I actually take it on the road. Ended up buying basic accessory package for 6.9k and side moulding for 4.5k. Waiting for delivery (next 3-4 days).
Old 22nd January 2017, 20:57   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Made the payment even before the test drive (couldn't believe I did that) however I spent lot of time inside trying to judge various things and hopefully there will be no nasty surprises when I actually take it on the road. Ended up buying basic accessory package for 6.9k and side moulding for 4.5k. Waiting for delivery (next 3-4 days).
Do you happen to have a copy of the accessories price list?
The side moulding for 4.5K appears a bit steep though! I don't think I paid so much for side claddings for my Polo .
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:19   #1030
BHPian

I had the copy with me but lost it. Side cladding does seem expensive but its very wide must be 4-5 inches wide and the quality seemed good to me but still around 3k would have been made more sense.
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:12   #1031
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

This is my 1st post on Team-bhp so please ignore my views and questions if it appears ignorant and amateurish

I visited Nexa at Golf course road, Gurgaon today. Though I have seen the car on the it released at Cyber hub but today got to spent good 30 mins with it and took a TD as well. At 4pm in the evening, showroom was almost empty and had only one customer taking TD of ignis (Happened to be a long lost friend)

I drove petrol Zeta AMT (Diesel AMTs are not available) and my impressions are as below.

- Car looks much better in flesh. Pictures are somewhat deceptive and it looked much better and compact looking. Rear is an eyesore in flesh as well and will take good time getting used to. But again, looks are a personal choice so no pint discussion it.

- Boot space is not great but acceptable. Boot lips are much higher making it difficult to load luggage.

- Once you step inside, you feel like stepping into a spacious and airy car, thanks to its headroom. Interiors feel fresh but little whacky because of tablet shaped HU (in Zeta) and AC unit which is not only straight from 90s but is also good protruding out (almost 4 inch).

- Driving : Car takes potholes easily. NVH levels are good and field of view is great. I felt the need for height adjustable seats though.

- Car has creep functionality. Slot gear in drive mode and its starts crawling, which is a good to have feature on inclines and stop and go situations. While driving, you feel the gear changes at each gear change while accelerating. Specially if you are revv hard. Its not very jerky but you feel the gearshifts for sure.

- Brakes have great bite and fortunately you don't feel gear changes with similar intensity while braking.

- Nexa representative quoted 8 weeks waiting for Petrol and 10-11 weeks for Diesel.

Now comes my dilemma. The difference between Zeta Petrol AMT and its Diesel sibling is Rs130,000! I am in market for a decent Automatic and my running is almost 1600-1700 kms per month (90% within NCR).

Despite most of us agreeing on the fact that Diesel variants of Ignis are overpriced, we need to understand that it is still the cheapest and only one of 3 Diesel Automatic available within 10lac (Zest and Dzire being other two). Maybe this explains why Maruti as asking for these prices.

While Tata Tiago is slated to come up with AMT avatars, I am not sure whether it will be both diesel and petrol variants or only in Petrol. TML's pace in releasing new cars and variants are not very encouraging either.

So now I am in real fix. At 8.6 lac OTR, Ignis Zeta AMT is almost out of my range and also feels excess spend in some way. Also, if I should pay 1,3 lac extra for diesel if I am planning to drive it for 5-6 years or 1-1.2lac kilometers.

It will great to hear some views on this.
roushan84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:55   #1032
Team-BHP Support

In this day and age, a 1.3 lakh premium for the diesel is too much unless you are in the 2000-2500 km / month range. With your running, you will just about break even in 5 years is my guess.

You can look up this thread for calculations.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alculator.html

Welcome to team-bhp

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd January 2017 at 14:33.
Eddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:01   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
On the automatic front, the Figo AT has priced itself well out of contention against the Ignis AMT.
Ignis: (6,46,669/-)

1197cc petrol,
82 PS power,
113 Nm torque,
5-speed AMT/AGS transmission,
ABS + EBD,
Fuel tank = 32 liters,
Weight = 860 kgs.

Figo: (7,57,348/-)

1499cc petrol,
112 PS power,
136 Nm torque,
6-speed DCT transmission (imported),
ABS + EBD + ESP + TCS + HLA,
Fuel tank = 42 liters,
Weight = 1030 kgs.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd January 2017 at 23:02.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:20   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post

Now comes my dilemma. The difference between Zeta Petrol AMT and its Diesel sibling is Rs130,000! I am in market for a decent Automatic and my running is almost 1600-1700 kms per month (90% within NCR).

Despite most of us agreeing on the fact that Diesel variants of Ignis are overpriced, we need to understand that it is still the cheapest and only one of 3 Diesel Automatic available within 10lac (Zest and Dzire being other two). Maybe this explains why Maruti as asking for these prices.

Welcome to TeamBhp.

Don't understand how does it matter if the car is the cheapest diesel automatic and why does that seem tempting.

As long as there is a comparable petrol version which is equally competitive and substantially cheaper, I don't see any need to go for a diesel one instead unless your driving is at least 40-50% more than what you have stated.
vibbs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:04   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Also, if I should pay 1,3 lac extra for diesel if I am planning to drive it for 5-6 years or 1-1.2lac kilometers.
5-6 years and 1-1.2lac KMs translates to 20k KMs per year. It doesn't make sense to buy a diesel for your usage. Trust me, the 1.2L petrol of Ignis is quite rev happy and the car being a lot lighter than my previous gen Swift, I can say this for sure: go for the petrol. This, plus the black clouds over diesel vehicles especially in your city of residence kill the case for a diesel.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2017 at 23:22. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks