Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 08:23   #91
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Funny thing is seats that are supposed to increase practicality in both Jazz and Ignis offer least comfort to the third passenger in the rear.

Jazz's middle seat is highly inconvenient for the middle passenger and the Ignis has those folding levers jutting out, which I think will make the third passenger unwanted.

Hence, I think Suzuki may not offer this in India and go for the regular rear bench so that the car is not tagged as a four seater, much like an earlier version of the Wagon R.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:19   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Maruti Alto to get 658cc turbo-petrol

New Maruti Alto spotted on test in India - launch in 2017

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg
Quote:
The new-generation Alto will be based on the Alto Kei platform, but it will be redesigned to suit the requirement of the Indian audience. The Alto 800 and the new K10 were also designed for the Indian car market in specific. This is being done as the 2017 new crash norms will be implemented and this new Alto will pass those tests

http://motoroctane.com/news/17453-sc...coming-in-2017

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st April 2016 at 12:20.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1492793

http://motoroctane.com/news/17453-sc...coming-in-2017
Looks like IGNIS to me. Alto cant be so big.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:47   #94
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1492793
No volkman it is not the new gen alto/JDM alto. It is Ignis as we can see the test cars in attached pics have tail lights on the hatch while JDM Alto has it on bumper. Also, the rear wiper, at rest position, is at the right side on Ignis and at the left side on JDM Alto and rear glass outline matches with Ignis not with JDM Alto

Is it an April fool day prank from motoroctane?

Last edited by NPX : 1st April 2016 at 12:57.
Old 5th April 2016, 21:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I think the Ignis would mean the end of Ritz in India (unless Maruti decides to keep the Ritz alive)

Its good to see a car going a little retro, such things usually happen with high end cars, my dad likes the rear design already. But I sincerely hope this one is not perceived (and marketed) as a small 'SUV' yet again, I'm tired of that word
I guess you are unaware of the fact that Ritz has been discontinued. The production stopped few months back.
Old 6th April 2016, 00:14   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Am I the only one who sees two test cars? The first one is low slung while the rear one is a tall boy design. Te first is an Alto & second an Ignis?
Old 6th April 2016, 08:07   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's small Compact, Ignis takes a large approach angle of 20 degrees and a departure angle of 38,3 degrees, it has been improved the performance on off road with a GC of 180mm.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-12331470_583522668474952_143717655_n.jpg

http://websta.me/n/Suzukicars

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th April 2016 at 08:09.
Old 6th April 2016, 09:59   #98
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am I the only one who sees two test cars? The first one is low slung while the rear one is a tall boy design. Te first is an Alto & second an Ignis?
Even I had the same thoughts initially but on closer inspection, I noticed that the roof carrier of the second Innova is adding to that tall boy effect, of course other than the distance between the two cars, causing one to look bigger than the other.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Last edited by AYP : 6th April 2016 at 10:01.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:53   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I guess you are unaware of the fact that Ritz has been discontinued. The production stopped few months back.
Actually, the official word from Maruti (as heard from their helpline) is that the production has not been stopped. My friend recently brought a Ritz which was February manufactured (as confirmed from the Form 21). News reports however, say that Ritz will be discontinued during the year. Probably to make way for Ignis. On an off-topic, Ritz has been selling in good numbers (1000+) over the last few months. However, that is not good enough for MSIL I guess.
naphill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 11:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphill View Post
Actually, the official word from Maruti (as heard from their helpline) is that the production has not been stopped. My friend recently brought a Ritz which was February manufactured (as confirmed from the Form 21). News reports however, say that Ritz will be discontinued during the year. Probably to make way for Ignis. On an off-topic, Ritz has been selling in good numbers (1000+) over the last few months. However, that is not good enough for MSIL I guess.
The dealers too don't seem to push Ritz nowadays. Maruti helpline won't tell us if it's stopped so as to prevent pile up of already produced stock. Are you sure it's February of 2016 ?
Old 6th April 2016, 11:16   #101
BANNED

Whatever cute and sporty it is when viewed from front and sides, there still is a weirdness to the rear - though not as bad as ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-images-7.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-images-6.jpg  

Old 6th April 2016, 11:17   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphill View Post

Thanks for this info, can you also match the VIN number to the manufacturing month?
Old 6th April 2016, 11:21   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
The dealers too don't seem to push Ritz nowadays. Maruti helpline won't tell us if it's stopped so as to prevent pile up of already produced stock. Are you sure it's February of 2016 ?
Yes, I am sure. However, as you say the dealers are not pushing Ritz, they are pushing buyers off the Ritz by telling production has been stopped. But as Ignis is likely to be launched in November, production of Ritz might have been stopped now and as you mention the helpline may just mislead people.
Old 12th April 2016, 12:48   #104
BHPian

Maruti again confirmed that Ignis along with Baleno RS (with 1-liter turbo charged petrol) are going to be released during the festive season. It will be positioned under Baleno and will be pitched as smart city car.
Both will be sold through NEXA and the NEXA showrooms will be doubled to 250 this year.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/51790023.cms

Last edited by sri_tesla : 12th April 2016 at 13:12.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:26   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Harman’s next-gen infotainment system to go into Suzuki Ignis .

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-harmansuzukiignismid3242699x380.jpg

Harman, the audio and infotainment company, has bagged Suzuki Motor Corporation’s contract to supply infotainment units for its Ignis.

This supply mandate marks the first infotainment system for the Japanese market to be embedded with Apple CarPlay from a Japanese automaker.

Quote:
The system adopted for the new Ignis boasts full special HMI (Human Machine Interface) to ensure driver safety, easy smart phone integration to keep drivers eyes on the road and Harman’s navigation. In addition, the system supports Apple CarPlay, offering users a safer and more pleasurable experience using their Apple iPhone in their car by allowing the various functions of their iPhone, including calls, music playback and messaging to be controlled through the car’s display. Additionally, the system also allows the use of the voice-recognition function.
http://www.autocarpro.in/news-intern...ki-ignis-11139

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th April 2016 at 12:29.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed