Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 13:52   #1051
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

7.8Lakhs ex-showroom delhi! just for the styling? (which is not to everyone's liking anyway). And it is still selling like hot cakes (going by the bookings data). For once, I feel MS market share of ~50% is bad. Bad for better cars out there, every way you look at it. This perception and brand image thing is now bordering on rat race of sorts.

What else ford can do to sell figo? a car (in diesel) which is better than any car out there to the south of 8 Lakhs in performance & safety, looks modern and well equipped too.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 14:39   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
7.8Lakhs ex-showroom delhi! just for the styling? (which is not to everyone's liking anyway). And it is still selling like hot cakes (going by the bookings data). For once, I feel MS market share of ~50% is bad. Bad for better cars out there, every way you look at it. This perception and brand image thing is now bordering on rat race of.....
I agree with the above.Figo is a superior Car no matter how you look at it.But Ford has no one to blame but themselves.
1) They dragged their feet for too long before launching the Figo.The aura of good will around the First generation car had dried up by then and brand recall had lessened.
2) Ford got greedy with EcoSport and then inexplicably gave a huge Price Cut which angered half their existing customers and the other half is now waiting for such price drops across the range.
3) Ford has not shown much commitment to the market like Hyundai.By commitment, I mean interactions with customers, Launches, a clear thought about line up and communication of the same.

With Figo, they have a good product.Market will eventually recognize their efforts if they persevere.Just like Tiago.You can't hibernate after one launch.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 14:51   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
What else ford can do to sell figo? a car (in diesel) which is better than any car out there to the south of 8 Lakhs in performance & safety, looks modern and well equipped too.
They have a new marketing campaign to break the high maintenance cost myth. I think an ad campaign comparing Figo with other hatchbacks will bring the advantage to light and draw some consumers.
Old 24th January 2017, 14:53   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seriously!!! Feel really sad for FORD. Am sure seeing the buzz around Ignis they would be going ... what more could we have done

Goes on to show how much 'Trust' factor works in our market. Much more than the product itself. Had Figo been from maruti would have raked in 5 digit monthly numbers eyes closed. Another example is HEXA. On one side inspite of the genral view that its not overpriced, people are cancelling HEXA bookings as nobody wants to pay 20+L OTR for a TATA whereas nobody bats an eyelid while signing ~25L for the Crysta or 8-9L for the ignis(inspite of the consensus being its overpriced). That's the power of 'TRUST'. And full marks to Maruti/Toyota for building that sort of trust in our country in their respective segments.

BTW hows the build quality of Ignis? Is it somewhat towards S-Cross or Baleno?
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 17:06   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ignis receives over 10,000 bookings

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis was launched in India on January 13. However, Nexa showrooms had begun accepting bookings for the car from January 1. During the launch, the manufacturer had said that the Ignis had received 6,000 bookings. Now, India’s largest carmaker has revealed that the Ignis received over 10,000 bookings with six days of it’s launch.
Link: http://overdrive.in/news/maruti-suzu...0000-bookings/
Old 24th January 2017, 18:02   #1056
BHPian

Quote:

Bling. That's what is required for the Figo. What Hyundai and Maruti have understood about India, the others are yet to decipher.
Mileage and Bling is what sells, coupled with inexpensive service costs.
Indians just don't care for build quality or handling.

If Ford spruces up the Figo with attractive LED DRLS, diamond cut 16 inch alloys, horizontally elongated LED rear lights and a nice big touchscreen entertainment system, sales would be much much better!
sunsetorange is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 18:30   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Bling. That's what is required for the Figo. What Hyundai and Maruti have understood about India, the others are yet to decipher.
Mileage and Bling is what sells, coupled with inexpensive service costs.
Indians just don't care for build quality or handling.

If Ford spruces up the Figo with attractive LED DRLS, diamond cut 16 inch alloys, horizontally elongated LED rear lights and a nice big touchscreen entertainment system, sales would be much much better!
It is damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation for Figo. If they add to much chrome the manufacturer is blasted for going over the top, if not this is one of the reason listed for not doing good. For me it has got adequate amount of chrome and is much more sporty, which suits its character.

Agree about LED DRL's, diamond cut alloys, touchscreen, why even LED Projector headlamps but then will it be at the price point that it is now? Definitely not and this becomes a new reason for not selling enough.

I don't agree though about the service costs, it surely is cheaper to maintain.

The main reason for low sales for Ford or even Tata is the herd mentality based on the perception of easy to maintain cars from Maruti. I am not saying whether the perception is correct or not, for all manufacturers there are good stories and horror ones too.

Coming to Ignis, I never doubted one bit that it's going to be a block buster even though I didn't particularly like it at all.

Last edited by teemus : 24th January 2017 at 18:32. Reason: added text
teemus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 19:02   #1058
Senior - BHPian

At the risk of going off-topic (which we already are, discussing Figo in Ignis thread), Ford should stick to its core strengths. Great build and great handling cars were their USP, which was very much diluted in the new Figo/Aspire.

Maruti and Hyundai are able to provide similar level of cars with better level of ownership experience, then why would one go for a similar product from Ford?

Petrol cars market being on the rise doesn't help the case as well. Ford just doesn't have a proper 1.2L petrol engine with them to compete with the K-Series and the Kappa units.

Once the market shifts towards diesel, Figo might see an increase in sale. It will also help if Ford doesn't keep fiddling with the pricing.

Finally its resemblance to Grand i10 doesn't help.
SchumiFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 21:06   #1059
BHPian

My car is ready but not able to take the delivery as registration has not started in my location. Apparently mine is the first car to be delivered (even the test drive has not yet started) which sounds strange to me as its been almost 12 days since the car was launched. Surprised as to why authorities are not ready to register car yet. :banghead:
Old 24th January 2017, 21:29   #1060

Deliveries of Ignis have started. Got mine this Sunday. Zeta AGS
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-snag1837_ink_li.jpg  

awp_magnum is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 21:51   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Congratulations! Must feel wonderful to be the first in the forum.
Wishing you many years of safe driving!
Old 24th January 2017, 22:25   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!

Is it Petrol or Diesel? Eagerly waiting for inputs.
Old 25th January 2017, 06:57   #1063

Quote:
Congratulations bro, Is it a petrol? I have also going to take delivery of Zeta Petrol within a week hopefully(without a test drive with ags). Please share your firsthand driving experience with AMT gearbox.
Old 25th January 2017, 08:04   #1064

Thanks.
I booked mine without a test drive as well. Bought it for my parents to replace Ritz zxi. Booked it on 14th January, got a call from Nexa on 20th, that I've been selected by some "lucky draw". They asked me to make the payment now and get instant delivery or wait till march. Mine was the second Ignis to be delivered in that particular outlet.
Its a petrol. Diesel AGS is still not available for delivery I guess.
Didn't drive it much (aroung 5 kms). The drive is not as smooth as a CVT but its far better than the WagonR AMT, maybe that's because of the 1.2 l engine and some incremental improvements to the AMT.
Will be able to answer your queries better when I go home this weekend and take a longer drive.
awp_magnum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 08:36   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
Congratulations bro, Is it a petrol? I have also going to take delivery of Zeta Petrol within a week hopefully(without a test drive with ags). Please share your firsthand driving experience with AMT gearbox.
DO NOT confirm before test driving the car particularly an AMT. For budget cars, its fine. But AMT Ignis is in a territory where other CVTs is within reach. Better test drive both and decide.
kvish is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks