Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 08:46   #1066
BHPian

Looking at the pricing, it looks like it's aimed at millennials with money to spend on looks. Definitely not VFM. Spending sedan money on a small hatch just for the looks? If it came with the boosterjet engine for petrol and at least a 90PS diesel, and a proper CVT, it would be worth it. Currently, any other car including the Baleno looks like a steal compared to this.

This car is following the iphone philosophy, only without the good stuff.
vivekgk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 10:13   #1067
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

With Ignis I think MS is going a bit ambitious and testing the waters through Nexa strategy (after not so much success with S-cross, though it was decently well priced for what it brings to the table, comparing to ignis. Baleno is excellently priced though).

If Ignis with inflated price succeeds (which it seems like it will), expect higher priced cars from Nexa thereon while regular MS showrooms keep on selling boring but excellent VFM mass market cars in bagfulls.
Old 25th January 2017, 10:54   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ignis, a likely winner from the country's auto giant- some analysis!
Link

- the introductory launch price for Ignis, profitability of the car will be significantly lower than for Maruti Swift .

- expect the company to raise prices after assessing the order book( Petrol variant?)

-Break even on development cost when Ignis hits cumulative volumes of 200,000.

- Diesel variant will likely be significantly more profitable.

- Estimates the company will make a blended Ebit of ~R44,000-69,000/vehicle on Ignis Delta/Zeta variants versus ~R75,000 for Swift once Ignis achieves cumulative 200,000 volumes.

-Estimate the company will likely sell 90,000 units of Ignis in FY2018 (60,000 of petrol and 30,000 of diesel variants) - (Real facts seems more for diesel though)

-Ignis could cannibalize a bit of volumes of Swift and more so of Hyundai's i10 volumes.

Waiting period:

The petrol variants of the Ignis have a waiting time of up to 8 weeks while the diesel variant now has awaiting time after booking of 12 weeks.
Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th January 2017 at 10:55.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:17   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp_magnum View Post
Deliveries of Ignis have started. Got mine this Sunday. Zeta AGS
Congrats. The dealers do threaten to give away the car to others if payment is not done specially on New launches. I had booked brezza on the launch day and was the first on team bhp to get hands on one. Almost had to buy it without a test drive but I stretched the SA into giving a couple of days to decide. Took test drive from another dealer(they didn't know I already had booked elsewhere), who was illegally allowing a newly received vehicle from the yard for test drive on roads(so I was told). Soon after the test drive I made the payment. Got it delivered from the owner of the dealership amid multiple phone cameras. Were you treated in similar fashion?
Old 25th January 2017, 13:30   #1070
BANNED

I booked Ignis on 2nd Jan, car was available by 23rd, but I somehow didn't like the interior hence canceled. No offense to any owner but the big radio and cheap dials in Xeta AMT made me nauseous every time I got in. The longest I could sit inside the car was for 2 mins after so many attempts.

I went to VW and sat inside a GT and GTI for some refreshment.

Mod Note : SMS Language is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Do use the browser's in-built spell-checker to review your post before submitting.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th January 2017 at 14:42. Reason: Post edited. Please see the note left in your post.
M AUTO is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th January 2017, 15:09   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Ignis AWD -though currently not for India!

Old 25th January 2017, 15:59   #1072
BHPian

I am really getting impatient now. I am being told even though my card is ready it cannot be delivered as registration has not yet started in Delhi ( some database updation for new models is awaited). I find it hard to believe for a car which was launched around 12 days back. Can anyone from Delhi confirm if his car is registered & he has taken delivery? Should I escalate this with Maruti?
Old 25th January 2017, 16:02   #1073
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you call up another Nexa showroom and confirm ? No harm in writing to Maruti either for a double check.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 16:24   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Why don't you call up another Nexa showroom and confirm ? No harm in writing to Maruti either for a double check.
Thanks I tried but not getting a clear answer. I have dropped a note to
contact@maruti.co.in & contact@nexaexperience.com is there any other mail ID I should be sending mail to?
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 17:03   #1075
BHPian

Going by the sheer number of booking, we can tell that there was sure a pent up demand for a compact city slicker. This will be mostly a 2nd or 3rd car for the majority of the Ignis buyers, to be used strictly for city usage. I cannot see a first time car buyer splurging on what is essentially a very compact car.
What remains to be seen is how successful the car remains once that group of car buyers are done with. I have a guess that sales will drop significantly once this group of car buyers have bought the car.

Last edited by coldice4u : 25th January 2017 at 17:04.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 17:18   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Going by the sheer number of booking, we can tell that there was sure a pent up demand for a compact city slicker. This will be mostly a 2nd or 3rd car for the majority of the Ignis buyers, to be used strictly for city usage. I cannot see a first time car buyer splurging on what is essentially a very compact car.
What remains to be seen is how successful the car remains once that group of car buyers are done with. I have a guess that sales will drop significantly once this group of car buyers have bought the car.
Maybe, but I doubt if that is the case here. If it were indeed a 2nd or 3rd car option, why would someone be in such a hurry to go and buy a new untested product (in market, I mean) at such a premium. Though for someone even if there is perhaps a need for a 2nd or 3rd car it can perhaps wait till say real world ownership reviews start pouring in, isn't it?

I guess people are looking at this as a premium Wagon R replacement; first car in the family used to be a Wagon R now it can be this, so what if there are no real world test drives (apart from Automags) or any word about the teething problems of a new product. Afterall, it's a Maruti, what can go wrong!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 18:08   #1077
BHPian

The Ignis has already got the good design award in Japan but people even here are divided about the rear styling. It is not a millennial oriented car in Japan or Europe.I guess Suzuki launched it in Europe to reduce their Fleet emission levels.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:11   #1078
BHPian

I can tell you that this thing is selling like hot cakes. There is another Ignis now in my society, this time it is a white color car. I saw it today, all shining, flower garlands and all the jazz.

To be frank, I did not find the white color appealing at all. The one in that blue color I have in my locality is pretty funky. The black color gloss finish alloys on both of them look good. However the tires so thin that the cars look pretty funny, I would definitely suggest a fatter rubber to make the car look good. Especially with such a high and fat rear those tires don't do justice at all.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th January 2017 at 09:12.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:13   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Do the Nexa dealers offer good prices on exchange? In case I decide to exchange my 4 years old Santro for Ignis, do they have Maruti True value guys associated with them? This could be a stupid question but still trying to find the difference between regular Maruti dealers vs Nexa dealers.
In any case planning to wait to get enough confidence on Ignis from various BHPians before going for it.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:14   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Disagree, I am upgrading from Alto (now sold) so this is the only car for me. Similarly I have seen many customers who were buying this as their first car. When a barebone Duster can sell for 12 lacs why cant Ignis sell for 8? IMHO petrol zeta at 6.5 lakh onroad in Delhi is fairly priced for the features it offers (and yes dont forget the GC). For its size it does carry some snob value. To me it was a case of money well spent.
rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks