Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 18:16   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
I am really getting impatient now. I am being told even though my card is ready it cannot be delivered as registration has not yet started in Delhi ( some database updation for new models is awaited). I find it hard to believe for a car which was launched around 12 days back. Can anyone from Delhi confirm if his car is registered & he has taken delivery? Should I escalate this with Maruti?
Escalate the matter, I have 2 new Ignis in my society here in South Delhi, both of them are registered. 1 came in a week ago and the other one just came in today. DL registered cars, so what your dealer is telling you makes no sense, if I can see both of these registered cars here in front of me.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:37   #1082
BANNED

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
If it were indeed a 2nd or 3rd car option, why would someone be in such a hurry to go and buy a new untested product (in market, I mean) at such a premium. Though for someone even if there is perhaps a need for a 2nd or 3rd car it can perhaps wait till say real world ownership reviews start pouring in, isn't it?
That's the effect of confidence Maruti has built in the minds of general public through their products and service, IMO.

I don't think any Maruti car that had such a serious teething problem that consumer had to wait till the next version for a problem-free car.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:45   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Disagree, I am upgrading from Alto (now sold) so this is the only car for me. Similarly I have seen many customers who were buying this as their first car. When a barebone Duster can sell for 12 lacs why cant Ignis sell for 8? IMHO petrol zeta at 6.5 lakh onroad in Delhi is fairly priced for the features it offers (and yes dont forget the GC). For its size it does carry some snob value. To me it was a case of money well spent.
Totally agree with you there Rahul.

I too drive a Santro (my 1st car) and now planning to switch to Ignis. Will decide after taking a TD of Diesel AT (and Only after Team BHP review and few initial user feedback).

While I feel that it is 50-70k more than what it supposed to be at, It offers something which others haven't. A quirky design, higher GC, compact dimensions which are perfect for cities and 4 Automatic Variants. I believe Ignis is the 1st Car which offers 4 Automatic variants (Not sure about Tata Zest).

I sincerely believe that most car-makers (including Maruti) are somewhat ignorant about city-buyers. I would seriously consider Figo over Ignis if they come up with an Automatic in Diesel; Or Swift for that matter.

Coming back to Ignis, The Nexa at Golf course road has started delivering Ignis and also had 2 TD cars. Petrol Alpha and Zeta AGS. In case anyone in NCR is holding on to their deliveries because of non-availability of TD cars at their respective Nexa dealers, you can try them out here.
Old 25th January 2017, 19:42   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Escalate the matter, I have 2 new Ignis in my society here in South Delhi, both of them are registered. 1 came in a week ago and the other one just came in today. DL registered cars, so what your dealer is telling you makes no sense, if I can see both of these registered cars here in front of me.
Thanks, could you tell me the authority they are registered at? first four characters of the no. plate will do Dl 3C, 7C ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Totally agree with you there Rahul.

I too drive a Santro (my 1st car) and now planning to switch to Ignis. Will decide after taking a TD of Diesel AT (and Only after Team BHP review and few initial user feedback).

While I feel that it is 50-70k more than what it supposed to be at, It offers something which others haven't. A quirky design, higher GC, compact dimensions which are perfect for cities and 4 Automatic Variants. I believe Ignis is the 1st Car which offers 4 Automatic variants (Not sure about Tata Zest).

I sincerely believe that most car-makers (including Maruti) are somewhat ignorant about city-buyers. I would seriously consider Figo over Ignis if they come up with an Automatic in Diesel; Or Swift for that matter.

Coming back to Ignis, The Nexa at Golf course road has started delivering Ignis and also had 2 TD cars. Petrol Alpha and Zeta AGS. In case anyone in NCR is holding on to their deliveries because of non-availability of TD cars at their respective Nexa dealers, you can try them out here.
I feel its a sensible choice, my main reason to go for Ignis was high ground clearance and SUVish looks. I know its only looks and its not really a suv but so does Ecosport and Brezza. Ignis can safely tackle all roads which Ecosport or Brezza can and can be taken to hills and broken roads without worrying too much about underbody hits.

We always equate size with price like if its more than 4mtr then 10 lakh+ is justified, 4 mtr then it should be 7-8 lakh less than that (doesnt matter if its roomy and has all the other feature) it should be priced cheap. With traffic increasing at exponential rate, compact car is becoming a necessity these days.

Last edited by rahul412 : 25th January 2017 at 19:53.
rahul412 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 22:07   #1085
BHPian

I was counting the Suzuki Ignis as one of my options for replacing my etios liva later this year. However, after going through the launch details, brochure and discussions in this forum I have decided to exclude the Ignis from my list mainly due to the following reasons:
a) Looks - Though the front looks good, the side look is ok but the rear is not good. (Suzuki should have learnt from Ritz).
b) the phablet type AV/Audio is not to my liking
c) The rear seat can squeeze 3 (my liva can squeeze 4).
d) Despite the side head, Chest and Pelvis airbags for both passenger and driver the car could get only 3 star safety in Euro NCAP. Since Side head, chest and pelvis airbags are not available for models in India, Rating of Indian models could be worse which is an important aspect to be considered.
e) It is a pain to note that the Double Camera brake support system which is a very good safety feature is not implemented in Indian models. Why this indifference to Indian customers? It may be mentioned that the models with Double Camera Brake support system gets 5 star rating in Euro NCAP.
f) Given the above shortcomings, the price is atleast 0.5 to 1 lac more than it deserves.
DImPo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 22:46   #1086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks I tried but not getting a clear answer. I have dropped a note to
contact@maruti.co.in & contact@nexaexperience.com is there any other mail ID I should be sending mail to?
I spoke to my Nexa contact, although in Gurgaon, and he said deliveries in Delhi have started. The initial problems are sorted, and if any issue it is a dealer problem.
Old 26th January 2017, 01:07   #1087
BHPian

Had a TD of Petrol AMT or AGS of Ignis couple of days back. Thanks to @rajinibm, for the information. Now, I'm trying to locate Diesel AMT for comparison.

Had a very short drive at night, due to the long queue for TD. These are my initial observations:

1. Petrol AMT is smooth. You won't feel the jerks with a light foot. It's only noticeable when you rush or with full throttle.

2. On the downhill (slope), the Gears do shift quickly and within 50 metres, the Display was flashing 3rd gear in Auto mode.

3. You can shift manually, still faster, but only up to 4th gear. 5th gear comes up only above 40 kms., I guess (Manual mode). Downshifts do happen automatically, or you can do it manually.

4. In Manual mode, the gears are slick and you don't feel the jerks.

5. With a heavy foot, Gears change @ around 3500 rpm, in Auto or Drive mode.

6. Steering is very light. @Srinivas C, you're right. Feels scary, when you take U turns, but will get used to it over time.

Rest of the things are already discussed on this forum, so I'm not elaborating.

Last edited by jaaz : 26th January 2017 at 01:18.
Old 26th January 2017, 07:40   #1088
BHPian

Visited NEXA -OMR , Chennai yesterday evening. They have got a Zeta AMT petrol Ignis for TD from yesterday.They have not received Alpha variants yet and would offer TD of Manual - Alpha once they get the car in first or second week of Feb. Also, they are getting around 30-35 Ignis by the second week and this shipment from Maruti does not have Tinsel Blue ,there are more of White and Silver cars. If anyone has booked other colours but are ready for white/silver then the delivery would be faster.
Old 26th January 2017, 08:41   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I spoke to my Nexa contact, although in Gurgaon, and he said deliveries in Delhi have started. The initial problems are sorted, and if any issue it is a dealer problem.
Thanks, I also suspects that he is trying to pass me the car which was in demo (not test drive though) for last 10-12 days. Is it ok to accept it? If I dont then may be I could be pushed down in the waiting list again.

Last edited by rahul412 : 26th January 2017 at 08:43.
Old 26th January 2017, 13:48   #1090
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Saw the Ignis through the Nexa window today as it is a holiday.
Sadly they dont have the AMT in the Top Spec Alpha variant according to the chap I spoke to on the phone.
I wonder why MSIL is so short sighted.
Is it that they think the Top Spec customer will only want MT or do they think that AMT customers dont want the Top Spec?
Cant the fools at MSIL atleast allow us the option to choose for ourselves? Some of us will happily pay a premium too, if allowed to choose! If Nexa is supposed to help address the Premium segment of customers then they had better understand how to serve such customers. Else it is just a case of re branding old wine in a new bottle with zero substance in terms of marketing strategy, to back it up!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485418371.450715.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485418387.836670.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485418401.126545.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1485418413.715065.jpg

That said, I absolutely love the car's looks! While it may be in some sense a segment Downgrade from our existing I20, I still think it is well worth considering, primarily because of the absolute height and relative ease of ingress/ egress.

I believe the Alpha has driver seat height adjustment, DRL's, Infotainment system and some fancy headlamps. And MT. All variants come with 2 front Airbags and ABS as standard. Im not sure whether they all come with Front and Rear Disc brakes - I wish they did!

Apparently the topmost spec in which AMT is available is the Zeta which is a lakh less expensive than the Alpha and does not have the above listed features that the Alpha has.

Im wondering what to do...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th January 2017 at 13:52.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 13:57   #1091
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, I also suspects that he is trying to pass me the car which was in demo (not test drive though) for last 10-12 days. Is it ok to accept it? If I dont then may be I could be pushed down in the waiting list again.
I would personally avoid a demo car. Push for a new one at your regular spot.

Anything from Maruti ? Try their FB/ Twitter handles also.
Old 26th January 2017, 14:27   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I would personally avoid a demo car. Push for a new one at your regular spot.

Anything from Maruti ? Try their FB/ Twitter handles also.
No reply yet, I tried calling nexa helpline they also confirmed some issue is there with registration thats why test drives could not be started on time but they had no clue about the current status. Let me try the twitter and FB.

Also, can any one confirm if there is a difference between the driver seats in the manual zeta and AMT zeta? I personally felt AMT zeta seats offered a high driving position in comparison to the manual one. Maybe I just felt like that because the AMT zeta has PU seat covers.

Overall I am not happy with the Nexa experience so far. They won't offer test drive, not able to register my car, dont even have the seat covers and I paid 4.5k for the side cladding which they dont even have with them (refunding the same now). Very mediocre experience so far.
Old 26th January 2017, 15:38   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Apparently the topmost spec in which AMT is available is the Zeta which is a lakh less expensive than the Alpha and does not have the above listed features that the Alpha has
For somebody who wants an Alpha with AT, can have a look at Figo AT. Its in similar price bracket, bigger and more powerful engine, Ford's driving dynamics (though not old Figo good) and a tad bigger car will be surplus. Though it's not a Maruti.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 15:57   #1094
BHPian

Which is the better Auto transmission of the two - Ignis or Figo? I know Ignis has automatic in the AMT avatar. But what about Figo - is it the CVT version? I am eagerly waiting for the Ignis review!
Old 26th January 2017, 16:25   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Which is the better Auto transmission of the two - Ignis or Figo? I know Ignis has automatic in the AMT avatar. But what about Figo - is it the CVT version? I am eagerly waiting for the Ignis review!
Figo has DCT: Dual Clutch Transmission.

While it is much better in terms of driving experience, as per most T-bhp forums, long term usage and maintainability remains a concern.
Quoting Team-bhp review portion of Ford Figo:

Quote:
Advantages of dual-clutch gearboxes:
  • can shift gears quicker (<1/100th of a second)
  • Smooth, seamless upshifts
  • More fuel-efficient than conventional automatics. In many cases, the efficiency is greater than the manual variants
  • Minimal torque loss when shifting gears, resulting in quicker acceleration times
  • Can have 6+ gears. End result is more closely placed ratios (better usage of available engine power)

Disadvantages of dual-clutch gearboxes:
  • Very complex. Can be expensive to fix if things go wrong. VW Group DSGs have so far had reliability issues. There is one thread on issues with the Ford DCT too (link)
  • Cost more to manufacture and thus, to buy
  • Longer downshift time when dropping 2 (or more) ratios. Example : 5th -> 3rd
  • Not as much fun or lightweight as a manual transmission
Also, Figo Automatic is only available in Petrol Variant and Not in Diesel

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th January 2017 at 16:28. Reason: Added quote tags.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed