Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_tesla (Post 3950600)
Maruti again confirmed that Ignis along with Baleno RS (with 1-liter turbo charged petrol) are going to be released during the festive season. It will be positioned under Baleno and will be pitched as smart city car.
Both will be sold through NEXA and the NEXA showrooms will be doubled to 250 this year.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/51790023.cms

110 bhp boosterjet in ignis? :eek: What would be the weight/safety standard of this car? I assume this car would be at least 100 kgs lighter than baleno which puts it in weight range of Alto K10. 70 ps in Alto k10 is termed as pocket rocket. How about 110 bhp in a car weighing just around 750 kgs? cpics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952440)
110 bhp boosterjet in ignis? :eek: What would be the weight/safety standard of this car? I assume this car would be at least 100 kgs lighter than baleno which puts it in weight range of Alto K10. 70 ps in Alto k10 is termed as pocket rocket. How about 110 bhp in a car weighing just around 750 kgs? cpics:

Sir, i think you misunderstood the statement.

I think he meant that Baleno RS will be launched with the 1 Litre boosterjet and Ignis will be launched (With engine not specified, but we can surely guess it would be the K series engine only) and that both these launches would be by the festive season.

But the idea of plonking a 110 Bhp engine in a tiny hatch like this does sound sweet. Also 750 kgs seems very low estimate. It could easily be around 900 Kgs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitoasis (Post 3952581)
Sir, i think you misunderstood the statement.

I think he meant that Baleno RS will be launched with the 1 Litre boosterjet and Ignis will be launched (With engine not specified, but we can surely guess it would be the K series engine only) and that both these launches would be by the festive season.

But the idea of plonking a 110 Bhp engine in a tiny hatch like this does sound sweet. Also 750 kgs seems very low estimate. It could easily be around 900 Kgs.

Sorry, my bad. Baleno petrol weighs 865-890 kgs. So I assumed Ignis to be at least 100 kgs lighter.
Cheers!

I had gone to the Maruti dealer to casually enquire for hatchbacks around 4.5-5.5 lakhs today, the common ones, Celerio, Wagon R, Swift Base. Saw Ritz in the price list and remembered that its still on sale. On enquiry, the sales guys said that yes it still comes, but mostly diesel or base variants for taxi markets. He said that gap between Wagon R/Celerio and Swift shall be filled with Ignis around September end. Didn't have much more details to share though.

If we go by the information though, we can guess Ignis to be starting around 4.5 lakhs(hopefully closer to 4) ex-Delhi for base petrol. I hope, like all Nexa cars it will have safety features as standard.

folks - i was planning to buy Baleno to replace my Fabia. By looking at this Ignis post, i think i should wait for few months. Waiting period for Baleno seems to be high(4 months) and i assume Ignis will be in the showrooms by that time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmanju (Post 3979393)
folks - i was planning to buy Baleno to replace my Fabia. By looking at this Ignis post, i think i should wait for few months. Waiting period for Baleno seems to be high(4 months) and i assume Ignis will be in the showrooms by that time :)

Why dont you book the Baleno right away. The Ignis will be short on space I believe and Baleno might fare better. If you don't like the Ignis after the launch, you need not wait for a long time for the Baleno.

@swiftnfurious .. yep, that makes sense. thanks for your response :)

btw - i'm tight on budget and planning to book the basic variant., hope they will deliver it fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmanju (Post 3979414)
@swiftnfurious .. yep, that makes sense. thanks for your response :)

btw - i'm tight on budget and planning to book the basic variant., hope they will deliver it fast.

Yes it is. Check out my post below on Baleno review thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3954621

Regarding Ignis, it is expected to be spacious, considering the tall boy design, and how efficient Maruti has been with space recently with Celerio, S-Cross, Ciaz, Baleno and Brezza. So definitely expect it to be quite spacious, but Baleno is in a different league.

This is one SWEET-looking instrument cluster! Looks absolutely fab when fully lit up.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukiignisminisuv2015tokyomotorshow11.jpg
(Source)

Will be tough driving at nights without stealing glances at it every now and then.

Will we get this in India too? Only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3987389)
This is one SWEET-looking instrument cluster! Looks absolutely fab when fully lit up.

Looks good in design, but the MID looks like it's borrowed from the Swift. Would like seriously outdated compared to the futuristic MID on the Baleno.

As per a report on Motor Octane, Maruti Suzuki is developing a new 1.2L 3 cylinder diesel engine which will be powering the upcoming Ignis. The report further states that the new 1.2L Diesel engine is the three cylinder version of the 800CC 2 Cylinder diesel engine powering the Celerio currently. The 1.2L version is expected to produce around 70 bhp of power.

Source:- https://motoroctane.com/news/22376-m...esel-exclusive

Maruti Suzuki's Ignis enters its final phase of testing. Now seen along with KWID. Ignis will be the replacement to Maruti Suzuki's Ritz.

Launching in September along with Baleno RS through its premium outlet - Nexa

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-177781547.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-177781571.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-177781583.jpg

The car on test was a top-spec Ignis as the front had projector headlamps along with day time running LED lights.

Quote:

The car was out for testing and it surely seems in the final phase retaining the overall look very much similar to the concept version shown at Auto Expo this year. The Ignis has a tall stance which is quite evident when seen from the side. The ground clearance of 180mm along with its added roof rails gives this car an appealing design. The unique boxy look, which is a departure from the recent Maruti cars, comes across as a strong point as it makes the Ignis stand out.
Most likely, it will retain the 1.2L K-series petrol and 1.3L diesel engine of Swift along with a 5-speed manual and a CVT option.

http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/72...aunch-soon.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3995974)
The car on test was a top-spec Ignis as the front had projector headlamps along with day time running LED lights.

But no alloy wheels. Hence I doubt it's the top variant on test here. Might have projector headlamps from the mid variant?

I guess Maruti might have observed the recent cross launches from Hyundai (i20 active) and Honda (BRV) where cosmetic upgrades were made standard for all variants. Else the 'crossover image' gets diluted IMHO.

It does look weird and I don't know why, but I'm liking it more every time I look at itstupid:
I just want to see how the final Indian version looks like and if it gets those alloys its been shown with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3946758)
Whatever cute and sporty it is when viewed from front and sides, there still is a weirdness to the rear - though not as bad as ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3946629)
Suzuki's small Compact, Ignis takes a large approach angle of 20 degrees and a departure angle of 38,3 degrees, it has been improved the performance on off road with a GC of 180mm.

Attachment 1494475

http://websta.me/n/Suzukicars

It really looks a bit like a 1974(!) Datsun Cherry!stupid: