Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 07:00   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
That's an insane figure. What might have Maruti sacrificed to achieve that? If these are real figures then it's going to improve further. For an engine of this power, its really impressive. Does the engine pull well at low rpms or you have to downshift to first in situations like rolling over a speed breaker?
I think the low weight is the key here you just dont have to revv the engine hard to get it to 70-80 kmph. I also feel that the FE will come down drastically at tripple digit speeds because of the boxy shape and aerodynamics. It does pull cleanly in low Rpms, 4th gear pulls all the way from 25-30 kmph though I prefer to downshift in such scenarios.
Old 17th February 2017, 20:17   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Not sure about the exact timeline, but 2nd-3rd week of February maybe.
Any idea when the official review will be out?? Someone I know is waiting with bated breath for the review, before he books the Ignis.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:46   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Any idea when the official review will be out?? Someone I know is waiting with bated breath for the review, before he books the Ignis.

Regards,
Shashi
How do you know me Leoshashi

If not, there is another person (read me) before I decide on Ignis
roushan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 21:09   #1249
BHPian

Took the delivery of my petrol Alpha Ignis today.

The car looks great in the blue-black combo and the engine refinement is too good. Although I feel that the pick-up of the car isn't that impressive. Have to give it a little accelerator while leaving the clutch to get a smooth start in 1st gear.

But I believe that's because I've been driving the S-Cross 1.6 since a year and I'm quite used to that diesel torque now. Anyways, will drive it for a few days before posting my initial impressions and then an ownership review .

Last edited by aah78 : 17th February 2017 at 21:29. Reason: Post fixed for spacing.
nimit3105 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 01:49   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand i10 2017 vs Ignis

Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 11:57   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
This is after a run of 450 kms (all city driving but mostly during non peak hours). I think MID is close to actual as DTE still showing a range of approx 145 kms that gives me a range of 600 kms in a full tank (32 ltrs only).
Did a tankful and the actual mileage nos came to 18.7km/L. It seems Mid is exaggerating the FE by ~1.5km/l. Will confirm this when I do my second tankful.
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:41   #1252
BANNED

Test driven Alpha Petrol MT.

My impressions, mainly compared to New Swift Petrol:

No matter how Maruti priced it, it is a segment lower than Swift.
Feels small enough for city, while in the driver's seat.
Steering, clutch are very light compared to Swift.
Inside space also feels a tad smaller than Swift.
Boot is much bigger!
Engine is smooth, but don't have that peppy nature of Swift, and nowhere near the first gen Ritz, however lighter the Ignis is.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 15:00   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a quick 'touch & feel' of the Ignis 2 days back. The car didn't feel as big as the Wagon R. Some really dirty panel gaps was enough for a non-premium first impression.

The doors do close with a strong sound, but the internal plastics feel hollow when knocked. The paint has a smooth finish & feels above par.

The interior is the highlight for me as this is a very fresh & upmarket design in may be a decade. I had a look at the Alpha variant & all the ACC buttons & floating screen gives one a feel good factor.

The rear seat 'looked' low on thigh support. Neither did I spent time on front seats as I wasn't seriously out to check the car. It happened as I saw the showroom while walking & just barged in.

The SA was courteous and answered whatever I asked him. I still don't know why this car is close to 10L in some cities!! With the segment standard engines, I doubt am gonna be bowled over to justify the price tag. The interiors do deserve a praise, but weren't we short-changed with bland interiors for so long?! Would you, at any point be able to justify the SX4 interiors at that price?

Honestly, I doubt I'll ever bother to check this car out in detail as there is absolutely no WOW factor this car lets out.
swiftnfurious is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 20:59   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

The car's rear view and the skinny tyres for some reason reminded me of an autorickshaw!!!
Not skinny can be boring, IMO
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis.jpg  

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 20th February 2017 at 21:04.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 20:16   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's source of inspiration for the roof top revealed!!

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-igniscustomroofwraps_827x510_71484551676.jpg

Notice the brake pedal design
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiscross17.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:50   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maruti's source of inspiration for the roof top revealed!!

Saw this parked in front of the showroom today, looked horrible.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:34   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ignis tested and meets the upcoming advanced safety requirements (October 2019) well before its mandated schedule.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Quote:
Also, over the past few months, other models like the S-Cross, Ciaz, Baleno and Ertiga have been tested and certified by official homologation agencies for advanced safety regulations on offset, side impact and pedestrian safety.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd February 2017 at 12:39.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:06   #1258
BHPian

Finally Got my car this week . Haven't been able to drive much in the last couple of days so can't review it much. I did manage a ten km drive yesterday and felt comfortable immediately .

I do plan to take her to the 3M showroom for a dressing. Since most things are OEM I may not need to add any accessories unless I feel the medicore music system needs to be replaced by a touch screen one. Adding a few pics of the car before delivery and at the temple.

However I did have a few queries by on lookers who happen to see the car for the first time and was happy to give feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1487770471573.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1487770488728.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1487770506635.jpg  

hondacity is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 19:54   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
However I did have a few queries by on lookers who happen to see the car for the first time and was happy to give feedback.
Congrats. I echo your feelings, its been one month since I have been driving it and still I get lots of (unwanted I must add) attention by on lookers. People ask lot of questions usually about mileage and how comfortable it is but raise their eyebrows when I reveal the price. It does attract eyeballs, some hate it some absolutely love it but none ignores it.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:21   #1260
BHPian

I've been driving my Ignis since the past few days and I have to say that it's a really impressive car. I have the Alpha 1.2 Variant and here are some of my impressions about it.
1) The Engine:- It's dead silent at idle. Sometimes it's difficult to make out if the engine is turned on or it. Since I'm running in the car, I'm not pushing it above 2.5k RPMs but the engine feels peppy enough. The low end is good and I could pull the car at the speeds of 20kph in 3rd gear. There's also a gear shift indicator for upshifts and downshifts . The gear shifter is also very smooth and slots into gears with ease

2) Suspension:- It's really as good as they say in the reviews. The ride is very comfortable and you do kind of feel that car glides through the roads. I have an S-Cross 1.6 as well and I think I like the ride quality on the Ignis as of now

3) Steering:- Lifeless. That's a good and bad thing. It's good because it's very light at low speeds and it's very easy to maneuver in city traffic. It weighs up a bit as you gain speed. It's bad because there's absolutely no feedback from it and one has to be careful as it doesn't turn back after taking a U-Turn. Maybe it will improve over time

4) Mileage:- Finally addressing the question "Kitna deti hai?". As of now, the mileage is around 14.7-15kmpl (Majority of the usage within the city with moderate traffic and AC on 99% of the time). Impressed with it but I will do a tankful calculation soon.
Overall, I still agree that the car is a bit overpriced for what it is but I'm impressed with it.
There are a lot more things to talk about which I will cover in my ownership review and probably a video review too.

PS:- Attaching a pic of the MID
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_1182.jpg  

nimit3105 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed