Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 08:57   #1291
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Is it possible to have the touch screen infotainment system retrofitted in the lower variants of ignis? Has anyone tried this?
Old 18th March 2017, 09:38   #1292
BHPian

The company fitted infotainment system, is not being delivered as a loose accessory to the dealers. So the same one which is available in higher trims cannot be retrofitted, due to non availability.
I have the delivery of the Sigma slated tomorrow and I have opted for a Sony touchscreen to be fitted.
Old_Salt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:02   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
The company fitted infotainment system, is not being delivered as a loose accessory to the dealers. So the same one which is available in higher trims cannot be retrofitted, due to non availability.
I have the delivery of the Sigma slated tomorrow and I have opted for a Sony touchscreen to be fitted.
Is it being provided by Nexa or any other accessory store? And how about the warranty?

Congrats on your new purchase
Old 18th March 2017, 13:12   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagz View Post
Is it being provided by Nexa or any other accessory store? And how about the warranty?

NEXA is upselling a Kenwood infotainment system for the Ignis. Do visit the NEXA webpage and download the accessories brochure for the same.
Warranty should not be an issue.
Graven5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 20:09   #1295
BHPian

I have taken the delivery of IGNIS today, can anyone advise if a gear lock is required to be fitted, the car does have a engine immobilizer as a anti theft security system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagz View Post

Yes, purchased from NEXA with standard warranty of 2 years. They are also providing Kenwood system however the sony system with speakers and parking camera were part of a package.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2017 at 21:40. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote instead. Thanks.
Old_Salt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 21:43   #1296
BHPian

Took these pictures of the Ignis in different shades while I was at the SC. Out of the 4 cars, 2 were CVTs.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_6223.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-img_6227.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis-2.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 22:32   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Took these pictures of the Ignis in different shades while I was at the SC. Out of the 4 cars, 2 were CVTs.
You meant AMTs ?
Ignis doesn't get CVT Option unlike Baleno despite both being NEXA Offerings. CVT in Ignis would have made it a much better product, especially to Urban Buyers.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 22:34   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
You meant AMTs ?
Ignis doesn't get CVT Option unlike Baleno despite both being NEXA Offerings. CVT in Ignis would have made it a much better product, especially to Urban Buyers.
My bad! Yes they were AMTs.
Old 21st March 2017, 00:00   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

The Tiago AMT sits at 6.7 L On Road BLR and the Ignis Delta AT sits at 6.99 L On Road BLR. I wanted some thoughts from others on this thread in terms how would the Delta AT of the Ignis stack up against the Fully Loaded Tiago AMT?

The Tiago is a well built car. Plush interiors and superb Harman infotainment system.
These points score very big over Ignis.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 12:06   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
I have taken the delivery of IGNIS today, can anyone advise if a gear lock is required to be fitted, the car does have a engine immobilizer as a anti theft security system?
I guess Gear lock is must to have in all cars and yes Ignis's gear lock is not (yet) available & my dealer even told me that gear lock cannot be fitted in ignis which obviously I don't believe in. Suggest wait for some time & soon aftermarket will be flooded with all kind of accessories including gear locks and stuff.
Old 21st March 2017, 19:47   #1301
BHPian

I booked an Ignis Zeta-AMT Petrol (Silver, Single Colour) on 22nd January and took delivery on 6th March. The reason for an auto gearbox is that the car is for my Father - and since he frequently drives in a lot of traffic, figured its time to give at least one of his knees a rest .

Dad is a Maruti loyalist, so any other make was out of the question. The choice was between the Baleno CVT & the Ignis AMT - and after taking test drives of both the cars a couple of times, my Dad was much much happier with the Ignis - primarily for the smoother ride quality (a controversial statement, possibly), slightly taller seating position and the brighter interiors, not to mention the price difference.

Personally, I felt that the Maruti engineers have upped their game as far as the AMT in the Ignis goes, especially compared to the Celerio. There is a world of difference: this gearbox is much smoother, faster and more intelligent. A totally acceptable compromise versus a CVT if you are going to drive only in the city, mostly in traffic, and generally at under 50 kmph.

2 weeks in, my Dad is happy, mileage is decent (15-ish) and my Mum is thinking of driving again after 25 years after seeing how easy the auto is!

My only minor grouse is: why-oh-why does Maruti make this seemingly daft decision of not offering the auto gearbox in the top trim? I would think that most folks paying 60k extra for the auto would pony up another 50-80k to get the fully loaded edition. I know I would.

Dealer experience at Nexa Saboo (Hi Tech City, Hyderabad) was ok - I'm not entirely sure Maruti has figured out this "premium dealership" concept - didn't really feel premium, especially when I was asked to pay Rs 40 as credit card surcharge for the floor-mats that I bought for Rs 1990 - really Maruti/Saboo Nexa - sticking me for a puny surcharge after I just spent Rs 7.6 lacs? Ah well, c'est la vie.

Last edited by splitinfinitive : 21st March 2017 at 19:57. Reason: Forgot to mention fuel type, sorry!
splitinfinitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:23   #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Mods, any idea when the review will be published? I remember an announcement about Feb last week. We are now in the second week of March and Baleno RS is released as well

You have your work cut out, for sure. Thank you for the one of a kind reviews as always!
Hello Mods, please publish an official review of Ignis at the earliest. It is long overdue and am quite eager to see that coming. Thanks
sknglobal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 09:40   #1303
BANNED

Had Suzuki designed Ignis (and Ritz) more tastefully, it would have been a great success.

Add to it fatter tyres and a sunroof, it would have created a lot of interest among urban-off-road lovers.

Original image: http://km77.com/)
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-5_500.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-5_1_500.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th March 2017 at 09:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 10:47   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis is one of the top rated 'clean' car as results of emission tests seen in Europe by 'ADAC ECO' tests. Renault's Captur ranked the worst with largest NOx levels (which more than nine times the allowable of nitrogen oxides.)

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Gets 4 stars and ranked 8th. Beats plug-in- hybrids too. Recommended for environmental compatibility.

Quote:
Five petrol cars reached four stars and are also recommended for environmental compatibility according to ADAC: Suzuki Ignis 1.2, Mitsubishi SpaceStar 1.2, Citroen C3 Pure Tech 100, VW Up 1.0 TSI and the Mercedes C 200 Cabriolet
Quote:
Of the three tested plug-in hybrids, however, no vehicle receives a recommendation

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th March 2017 at 10:59.
Old 30th March 2017, 11:41   #1305
BHPian

Nexa says, Ignis is world's urban car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks