Team-BHP - The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/163845-maruti-suzuki-ignis-9.html)

The dimensions of the car seems to be more of a car in between the Kwid and the KUV100 - and not something in the premium hatchback space. Which means it could be priced alongside other B segment hatchbacks (such as WagonR, Celerio, Tiago, i10 etc) without disturbing premium segments.
This also could explain the missing features - an alloy wheel is not usually given even on the top variant of a B segment car. Projector headlamps however could be shown as segment first here.
When launched in Nexa, it should be the cheapest Nexa offering, possibly starting around 4-4.5L.
Maruti has just increased their dealerships by adding a Nexa brand, nothing else. What is premium with Nexa is beyond my comprehension now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3995974)
Most likely, it will retain the 1.2L K-series petrol and 1.3L diesel engine of Swift along with a 5-speed manual and a CVT option.

Source (in Malayalam): http://www.manoramaonline.com/fasttr...sel-engin.html

This article says Ignis won't be using the 1.3L Multijet, but the 1.2L 3-cyl version of the 0.8L Suzuki Diesel engine used in Celerio.

If this news is true, Ignis will come priced lower than Swift, but above Wagon-R and Celerio, where Ritz was positioned earlier. Good price position then, IMO.

Now, Swift numbers will again come down, as it is getting attacked from below (Ignis) and above (Baleno) by the same manufacturer!

But Swift can then come back next year when the new model will be launched next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hybridpetrol (Post 3996037)
The dimensions of the car seems to be more of a car in between the Kwid and the KUV100 - and not something in the premium hatchback space. Which means it could be priced alongside other B segment hatchbacks (such as WagonR, Celerio, Tiago, i10 etc) without disturbing premium segments.
This also could explain the missing features - an alloy wheel is not usually given even on the top variant of a B segment car. Projector headlamps however could be shown as segment first here.
When launched in Nexa, it should be the cheapest Nexa offering, possibly starting around 4-4.5L.
Maruti has just increased their dealerships by adding a Nexa brand, nothing else. What is premium with Nexa is beyond my comprehension now.

Ignis will surely come with alloy wheels.
Its a Nexa car, so I assume it will have same variant names - Sigma to Alpha.
Pricing will be very dicey for Maruti, it has to be priced below Baleno, so will fall right in Swift territory.

For me Ignis is premium version of Wagon R.
But don't expect it to start so cheap ( 4-4.5 L ), my guess is it will be priced 40-50k lesser than Baleno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 3996069)
Ignis will surely come with alloy wheels.
Its a Nexa car, so I assume it will have same variant names - Sigma to Alpha.
Pricing will be very dicey for Maruti, it has to be priced below Baleno, so will fall right in Swift territory.

For me Ignis is premium version of Wagon R.
But don't expect it to start so cheap ( 4-4.5 L ), my guess is it will be priced 40-50k lesser than Baleno.

Agreed with the above.
If I remember correctly, Maruti introduced the Baleno at 4.9L :D
And it is quite tricky to price.
It should be less than the Baleno - since it is quite small.
On the other hand, if it is priced lesser than Swift - there is going to be stiff fight among its own siblings - WagonR, Celerio & the Ignis.
But with the introduction of an additional hatch into the B segment means that Swift will go further down. Probably they are already planning a showdown for the current gen Swift and going to reduce production - Who knows?

The NEXA concept gets more and more perplexing. How in the world is this a premium car?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to have a simple price cutoff to decide which cars go to NEXA and which stay in regular showrooms? Selling million-plus Rupee models in regular showrooms while cheap entry-level pseudo micro-SUVs with LCV diesels under the hood get sold as 'premium' cars?:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 3996107)
It's perhaps pretty random but if I were to try and explain it.......

.........So perhaps it's following the first philosophy as opposed to the second.

I get the twisted logic (Maruti's, not yours :)), it just doesn't make any reasonable sense. With the Ignis, a customer buying a 5-lakh rupee car gets courted by suited/booted fellows, while a million-plus rupee Ciaz customer has to make do with the same salespeople who are selling 3-lakh rupee Altos?

If rumors of NEXA branded A.S.S. are true, I guess a lot of Ciaz customers would be pretty pissed, and rightfully so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 3996102)
The NEXA concept gets more and more perplexing. How in the world is this a premium car?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to have a simple price cutoff to decide which cars go to NEXA and which stay in regular showrooms? Selling million-plus Rupee models in regular showrooms while cheap entry-level pseudo micro-SUVs with LCV diesels under the hood get sold as 'premium' cars?:eek:

It's perhaps pretty random but if I were to try and explain it, here's an attempt. NEXA = more premium version of A product, ANY product.

So:

Wagon R = Maruti, Ignis = NEXA

Swift = Maruti, Baleno = NEXA

Brezza = Maruti, S Cross = NEXA (bit fuzzy here though).

AS OPPOSED TO:

All cars below 10 lakh = Maruti while all cars above 10 lakh = NEXA

So perhaps it's following the first philosophy as opposed to the second.

How is this premium I can only wonder! NEXA strategy is confused. Period. Maruti themselves have no clue of where they are going with this one as their dealers themselves launch protests with every car launched. They are happy with sales numbers and that's it.

Keep in mind that not all MS dealers have NEXA outlets and hence these issues are being faced. I can't believe a Rs 4-5 lac car (Ignis) being premium no matter what headlamps and nick-knacks they throw in.

But then, Maruti hai. Bikna to hai hi!

Maruti-Suzuki's Sanand plant will be the global production hub for the upcoming Ignis, the sub-4m compact crossover offering and the (sole) Mahindra KUV100 competitor.

Touted as a premium compact crossover, the Ignis will be retailed through MSIL's Nexa dealerships throughout the country once it is launched. It will occupy a space below the Vitara Brezza in the Maruti-Suzuki lineup, and is expected to be priced in the 4 lac-6 lac rupee price bracket.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukiignis02b.jpeg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukiignis_interior.jpg

Quote:

The new Suzuki Ignis is based on an all-new lightweight platform that will also form the basis of future products and claims to be stiffer by 30 per cent and lighter by 15 per cent.

Dimensionally, the Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and 1,595 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,435mm and gets a reasonable bootspace of 258 litres that can be increased to 415 litres with the rear seats folded down.

The engine options in the India-bound Suzuki Ignis include the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel motor that is also seen in the Maruti Suzuki Swift. The state of tune of this motor might not be identical to that of Swift. The Ignis that will arrive in global markets will be equipped with a 1.25-litre Dualjet petrol engine that makes 91PS of power. The Ignis might also be offered with the SHVS hybrid. The other motor that is expected to launch with the Ignis is a 1.0-litre Boosterjet that makes 110PS at 5,500rpm and 170Nm of torque between 2,000rpm – 3,500rpm.
Overdrive

What is the market segment for the Ignis? Is it a Wagon R replaement? Ritz replacement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chncar (Post 4001175)
What is the market segment for the Ignis? Is it a Wagon R replaement? Ritz replacement?

It is the Ritz replacement.

Quote:

What is the market segment for the Ignis?

It will be the Ritz's replacement in the Maruti-Suzuki lineup, but being a Nexa offering, could come with slightly higher prices than it's replacement.

It is basically the KUV100 competitor. Expect pricing on the lines of the same as well (4.5 lacs to 7.5 lacs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4000769)
Maruti-Suzuki's Sanand plant will be the global production hub for the upcoming Ignis, the sub-4m compact crossover offering and the (sole) Mahindra KUV100 competitor. Touted as a premium compact crossover, the Ignis will be retailed through MSIL's Nexa dealerships throughout the country once it is launched. It will occupy a space below the Vitara Brezza in the Maruti-Suzuki lineup, and is expected to be priced in the 4 lac-6 lac rupee price bracket.

The photographs certainly make the Ignis look mouthwatering! MS seem to have got the proportions down pat and perfect. It maybe the only competitor for the KUV100, but one can see that this one is streets ahead of the M&M product (and I am a die-hard Mahindra fan!). If this ever came with AWD, Id fight to get in the queue.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4001193)
It is the Ritz replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4001202)
It will be the Ritz's replacement in the Maruti-Suzuki lineup, but being a Nexa offering, could come with slightly higher prices than it's replacement.

It is basically the KUV100 competitor. Expect pricing on the lines of the same as well (4.5 lacs to 7.5 lacs).

Knowing Maruti, it will not replace a car that is selling 1.5k - 2k units per month. It might become another choice for the customer.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 4001226)
Knowing Maruti, it will not replace a car that is selling 1.5k - 2k units per month. It might become another choice for the customer.

MSIL might move Ritz to the commercial segment and continue to milk 2k units a month consistently :thumbs up

Lots of Ritz plying as OLA cabs