Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 15:37   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

A quarter glass on the C-pillar would actually make the car look a whole lot better by reducing the bulk. Not sure how much cost savings are we looking at, to skip one.
Old 10th February 2016, 23:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

I think the Ignis would mean the end of Ritz in India (unless Maruti decides to keep the Ritz alive)

Its good to see a car going a little retro, such things usually happen with high end cars, my dad likes the rear design already. But I sincerely hope this one is not perceived (and marketed) as a small 'SUV' yet again, I'm tired of that word
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 14:23   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti need to rework the rear a bit to make it more acceptable.[/url]
Do not expect any changes to the exterior, the camouflaged test vehicles also define the shape of Ignis as we have seen at the Auto Expo.

Changes expected are of the engine -power-train, suspension( suiting our varied road/terrain), etc. for Indian conditions.
Old 11th February 2016, 16:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Although looks are subjective, personally, I feel the tailgate styling needs to be re-looked at to convey a more contemporary "feel" of the product.

While the "retro-look" may be in vogue in countries outside India, it is preferable to have something more modern in our land. Changing the tailgate will not be a very expensive exercise and the sales volumes that a "new Maruti" usually generates should ensure a decent ROI in a short period of time.

Such an activity is not without precedence though, the hugely popular Ecosport has a different tailgate for the domestic Indian version and the export version. Its not merely the absence of the spare wheel, the registration plate is also relocated - hence the tailgate outer panel is new. Hope Maruti does a similar exercise with the Ignis as well.

Pic source: various internet sites, copyright respective site owners
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ecosp1.jpg  

Last edited by arjab : 11th February 2016 at 16:06.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 18:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I think the Ignis would mean the end of Ritz in India .....
+ 1 to that thought.

It seems that the Ritz will get axed from the line-up if the Ignis get released. Although the Ignis does look like a spruced-up version of the WagonR, it is sure to get good sales if released in its current avatar. We will have to wait to wait and see what premium features are offered for it to be put in NEXA range, as also the price tag.

Am I right in supposing that the next 'Car Wars' will begin in this micro-Compact Utility Vehicle range....contenders being Mahindra KUV 100, Suzuki Ignis, Hyundai Carlino, TATA Zika Aktiv (maybe) and others to come ??

P.S. I feel its the right word - " m-CUV " for an apt description. Could not think of any Sports associated with these for them to be called " m-SUV "

Last edited by TheStranger : 11th February 2016 at 18:26.
Old 12th February 2016, 11:19   #81
BHPian

I like the Ignis interiors, wish Maruti keeps them as such.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis.jpg  

rxpaul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 12:00   #82
BHPian

Hi,

I was just about to share a similar image as the one in the previous post by rxpaul.
This was my image.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-image_1971.jpeg

Finally, the steering wheel has changed. The bluetooth buttons seem to have moved to the sides of the horn pad (which continues to be difficult to reach). It also has thumb contours. From the previous image, the power window switches seem to be continued across the models. Lets hope Maruti change them too. Its about time they do it.
farooq817 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 13:59   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

After giving ( almost ) Vitara Brezza to the Indian market, Maruti prepares for the next big launch. Now to take on Mahindra'a KUV 1OO.
Speculated being caught spied again, now in both petrol and diesel varaints.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutisuzukiignis1_3dieseland1_2petrolcaughttesting.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...esting-031026/

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st February 2016 at 14:00.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 19:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After giving ( almost ) Vitara Brezza to the Indian market, Maruti prepares for the next big launch. Now to take on Mahindra'a KUV 1OO.
Speculated being caught spied again, now in both petrol and diesel varaints.

Attachment 1478663

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...esting-031026/
This is not a newly reported picture from any new test being conducted of the Ignis. As we can see in post 66 of this particular thread, the images of spied Ignis is from the same test. The silver WagonR (with same wheel caps)as well as the building and boards in the background are same.

I think it's just an another shot of the previously reported photos only.

Regards
Aakarsh

Last edited by Aakarsh : 21st February 2016 at 19:32. Reason: Incomplete
Aakarsh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 20:07   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

A detailed look of the Ignis -Hybrid.

volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 05:40   #86
Team-BHP Support

I hope this is priced along or below Baleno. Super looking car. What exactly does hybrid and auto mean. I've not seen that combo from MS. I assume it's petroleum and not diesel?
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A detailed look of the Ignis -Hybrid.
Hi Volkman,
Thanks for the video. Gives a good perspective of what to expect from the car. Here are a few inputs from my side.

Exterior:
1. The projectors and DRLs are surely going to be available only on the top end variant.
2. The door handles seem to have been changed from the usual ones available on all the other cars. These seem to be a little longer and thinner.
3. The width definitely looks small from the back.
4. Alloys look good. But it will be a wait to see if Maruti provides the same in India as well. Come on Maruti, everyone has loved the alloys on the international variants. Why not provide the same in India as well?

Interiors:
1. Could be one are where the car is improved significantly. The 2 tone dashboard looks good.
2. The steering wheel looks different and also has contours for the the thumb.
3. The MID stalks are finally replaced by buttons.
4. Cruise control! Do will we get this in the India spec? I doubt.
5. Heated seats. Again. I doubt if they will make it to the variants launched in India
6. ACC controls surely look good.
7. The glovebox wil have 2 compartments.
8. Power window switches continue from the old models.
9. No vanity light for the mirrors on the sun shades.
10. Only single cabin light.
11. Paddle shifts! Again, I doubt on their availability in India.
12. ICE looks like a big tablet.
13. Rear seats slide to release extra leg room/luggage room. But I doubt that the India spec will get this feature as well.

Overall, the quality of the interiors seems to have been improved. KUV100 will surely have an advantage in terms of being the first to move in the segment, but once this car is launched, its going to be tough for KUV to maintain its sales figures. Looking at the way Baleno has performed, I doubt if there will be any impact on the sales numbers even if this car is retailed out of the NEXA dealerships.

Last edited by farooq817 : 22nd February 2016 at 11:42.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:07   #88
BANNED

Currently Maruti will be charting plans to counter 3 main rival products:

i. Kwid

Maruti have mentioned that they will be launching another product to sit along with Alto. Whether it is the current Japanese Alto, we need to wait and see. Japanese Hustler is in a higher segment, in the leagues of Wagon-R. IMO, they need to replace the current Alto with the Japanese Alto, and launch a new sporty hatch (ZEN?) to counter Kwid.

ii. KUV100

Ignis will be the reply from Maruti. Also, Maruti need a replacement for Ritz. Ignis fits the slot correctly. It needs to be priced minimum 50K below the Swift (ie, in the Ritz territory), anyway.

iii. Creta

Maruti tried with SCross, but without much success. Now they will be using the Brezza to counter Creta, though it will be priced much below the Creta. But surely, there will be cross-shopping between Creta and Brezza.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd February 2016 at 14:10.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 20:21   #89
BHPian

I'm sure that expecting the sliding rear seats, body colored interior gear housing panel, heated seats for the India version will be a dream only.
Even the white interiors may turn griege in the Indian version.
Hope the sliding rear seats are retained.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 02:25   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I'm sure that expecting the sliding rear seats, body colored interior gear housing panel, heated seats for the India version will be a dream only.
Even the white interiors may turn griege in the Indian version.
Hope the sliding rear seats are retained.
I believe sliding seats will be available, on top trims though.
They'll try to popularize it like the Jazz's magic seats!!

But the worst part is that- such practical features should be standard.
One of the reason why I dislike the new gen Jazz- they have reserved the magic seats mechanism only for the higher trims! How stupid ! Those seats are why the Jazz was popular in the first place!!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks