Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 21:56   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Being Maruti, it will definitely sell but they have got to do something about that 80s taillamps.
I'd rather they did not mess with the styling several folks out there including I, love it. Compared to most modern cars that look absolutely predictable in terms of styling, this has some much needed character which seems to be lacking in most cars these days. To each his own, but nobody has "got to do" anything if you don't like the styling mate
IshaanIan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 07:51   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis video from the Paris Auto show,

Official Video- TVC

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2016 at 07:57.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 08:42   #258
BHPian

Spotted this today morning near Shiv Murti, Delhi. @kisarchit tells me it is Ignis.Please move this to appropriate thread if it isn't.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1475204982290.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1475204997219.jpg  

Traveller Nayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:41   #259
BHPian

Any official word on Android Auto being supported on Ignis? We got to hear Android Auto is in works with Suzuki. If it comes on Ignis, most likely it will be be provided on Baleno too and their AVN system looks more or less same.
Old 30th September 2016, 21:45   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I'd rather they did not mess with the styling several folks out there including I, love it. Compared to most modern cars that look absolutely predictable in terms of styling, this has some much needed character which seems to be lacking in most cars these days. To each his own, but nobody has "got to do" anything if you don't like the styling mate
Not nobody. MUL. Is it such an offensive sentence that you jumped in with your sarcasm? "They have got to do something about those_____" is a very commonly used sentence. Used umpteen times. Nothing offensive about it. Don't you ever find fault with a car's front/rear/lights or interiors? I didn't call the car ugly. Just the tail-lights. I'm sure many here would agree with me.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 21:57   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Not nobody. MUL. Is it such an offensive sentence that you jumped in with your sarcasm? "They have got to do something about those_____" is a very commonly used sentence. Used umpteen times. Nothing offensive about it. Don't you ever find fault with a car's front/rear/lights or interiors? I didn't call the car ugly. Just the tail-lights. I'm sure many here would agree with me.
I'm sure many do agree with you. Never said otherwise. No it wasn't offensive just saw it as a pointless thing to be frustrated about that's all. Hope my "sarcasm" didn't offend you.
Old 30th September 2016, 22:03   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's Ignis wins the 'Good Design Award- 2016' in Japan. Contributes to Suzuki's volumes sold in Japan. Sold over 18k units in Japan since its Feb 2016 launch.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg

High degree of personalization - comes in 14 color patterns!
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-c.jpg

Released specifications,
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-s1.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-s2.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-s3.jpg
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-s4.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2016 at 22:27.
Old 30th September 2016, 22:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki's Ignis wins the 'Good Design Award- 2016' in Japan. Contributes to Suzuki's volumes sold in Japan. Sold over 18k units in Japan since its Feb 2016 launch.
Any news on the structural stability of the car please? I am just worried that Maruti will compromise on the safety aspect of the car.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 22:42   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1561243

Attachment 1561248

I like the design. The brochure says AGS as in Auto Gear Shift. Does it mean that it'll come with AMT? WagonR AMT is called AGS I guess.
Old 1st October 2016, 10:17   #265
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

A radical design, no doubt. Like when the swift was launched in 2005 there would be mixed opinions on the looks. The only thing bothering me is that when launched in India, the quality parameters would be just as good as a Celerio or may be the swift, nothing very premium. I really wish they offer this as a fun to drive hatch with a turbo petrol and 4 wd options and some decent quality in terms of body panels, paint quality etc.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 17:43   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I'm sure many do agree with you. Never said otherwise. No it wasn't offensive just saw it as a pointless thing to be frustrated about that's all. Hope my "sarcasm" didn't offend you.
Pointless is a harsh term to use for other opinion/view. I'm not frustrated. Just pointing out 80s looking tail-lights. Haven't you ever seen any one commenting on a car's looks? Or, don't you ever do similar thing? Everyone has his/her opinion. Period. Please refrain from using harsh words like pointless etc.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:15   #267
BHPian

I guess it goes without saying that we're not going to see all the cool features of the Ignis in its 'desi' avatar

Old 2nd October 2016, 10:59   #268
Senior - BHPian

The back of this car is really badly designed. In terms of design language, the rear is totally different than the rest of the car. Somehow I feel the rear is so different that it feels like a bad copy-paste job. The rear window abruptly swooping up, the three small dents and then the rear glass which is not in-line with either the window or the three dents. What sort of design is this??!!

Those three dents were not required in the first place. They had to be there to break the monotony of the huge sheet metal, which itself is a product of a bad design.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukiignis2015tokyomotorshowpicimagephotozigwheels28102015m3_720x540.jpg

Image source: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...evealed/23463/
blue_pulsar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:57   #269
BANNED

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-403142.aspx

Ignis to start at 5.5L?

If yes, all variants have to be equipped with the AWD option. IF base variant is a non-AWD model, it should be priced around 4.5L, IMO.
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:47   #270
BHPian

I called up a Nexa showroom and they told me that the Ignis is expected to launch this year. Another Nexa showroom guys said it's coming next year. So really don't know when is the car launching. I'm personally hoping that they'd launch the car this year as I'm looking for a Petrol Hatchback and confused whether to wait for the Ignis or not
Closed Thread

Most Viewed