Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 13:46   #406
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki Ignis was the recipient of the 'Good Design Award 2016 'in Japan. It did score in practicality and driving performance. Has sold 18000+ units in Japan since its launch in early 2016.
Just 18,000+ since early 2016. Here in India, they sell in a month!!

Looks are subjective, but yes, If it's practical and VFM, it'll sell in volumes.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2016 at 16:36. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 15th December 2016, 15:21   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
The Ignis is meant to be a modern variation of the Suzuki Whizzkid

Source - Jalopnik.com

Attachment 1584847
They sure went retro ! Even the Whizzkid looks much better than the Ignis.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:02   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Booking of IGNIS will start from January 1 through the company’s website and official launch will happen on January 13.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161215060146_ibbblue3.jpg

Quote:
This will be an entry segment offering from Nexa – a premium urban compact vehicle for the millennials. Millennials have a desire to make a difference and want to stand out on the basis of the choices they make. First time job seekers, pursuing a passion in life, who stood up to differ, will experience the Ignis
Quote:
The Ignis might be compact from the outside, but is surprisingly roomy on the inside. The seats are space-efficient, rear legroom is good (made better by the space created under the front seat), the dash is neatly designed and features a modern tablet along with a retro air-con controller, and the steering is all-new, as opposed to the Swift steering found in most Maruti cars today.
Quote:
Powered by 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines, the new car will have lot colourful features, and also one can customise the car from an array of choices available at Maruti Suzuki dealers.
Ignis will also be available in automatic transmission (AMT) options for both petrol and diesel.
Price of the Ignis base variant is expected to start from ₹4.70 lakh to ₹5 lakh. ( I would speculate a starting price of ~ ₹ 4.99 - 5.2 lakhs)

Link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th December 2016 at 18:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:12   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Official Unveiling of the Maruti-Suzuki Ignis, courtesy Anubhav Sharma's and Auto Today's Twitter:

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-cztb1sxgaadxy.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt6wkgxuaalxa9.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt7w_4wgae7ck1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt7zoxw8aawcao.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt8_ctxeaa10q.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt9af3wqaasuzx.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt9bl0xeaa9cdh.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt7fkixgaajqq4.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt7opgw8aapup3.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt8mkswiaaaiqv.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-czt9ffxgaagucs.jpg

ABS & Dual airbags will be standard across the Ignis range.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th December 2016 at 18:25. Reason: Added a pic.
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:29   #410
PCS
BHPian

Can anyone Confirm. Does it have Rear Sliding Seat ??
Old 15th December 2016, 18:35   #411
Senior - BHPian

Now this is pretty interesting. Ignis does tick a lot of boxes for me.

The car looks contemporary. (Except the extra metal above rear door which looks awkward). It has a good spread of features like projectors, alloys, climate control, touchscreen HU. The interiors sport a fresh new look specially the new steering! THE most important factor that stands out in the Ignis in my books - engine & gearbox. Unlike the entry level hatches like Celerio, Tiago, WagonR etc, Ignis gets the proven 1.2 L petrol with AMT thrown into the picture. It makes a strong case as a city car. I will be keenly following the developments for sure! I hope Maruti prices it well. Ignis will be my most awaited Team BHP review in first half of 2017.

Thanks a lot, RavenAvi for sharing these pics!

Last edited by AkMar : 15th December 2016 at 18:39.
AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:39   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Can anyone Confirm. Does it have Rear Sliding Seat ??
The 50-50 split in rear seat with sliding feature is optional. With this the rear seating capacity is 4. Without this feature the seating capacity is 5.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:18   #413
RSR
Senior - BHPian

If the masses don't mind the oddball rear styling (unlike the poor ol' Ritz), the Ignis has what it takes to be another blockbuster for Maruti Suzuki, no doubts about that at all! The Ignis is not your typical Japanese please-all-and-offend-none kind of design from Maruti Suzuki, for it has a distinct character of its own, very much like the Swift (again, subject to how one views the rear design).

It's very clear that Maruti Suzuki are not going to let any new segment or sub-segment within the 15 lac rupee mark remain without a Maruti Suzuki product for long. At least the EcoSport is maintaining its sales figures even if the Vitara Brezza outsells it. The KUV1OO may not be able to provide competition to the Ignis in this (micro-SUV) segment in the manner of the EcoSport in its (sub-4m compact-SUV) segment.

The AMT, while being okay for the diesel, is quite a disappointment for the petrol, though! They should have mated the K12 petrol motor to the 4-speed torque converter gearbox instead! Even the rubber-bandy CVT would have been better than the jerky automated-manual.

If the Ignis succeeds, then Maruti Suzuki can come up with something like this - an affordable little 2+2 seater X6-type vehicle:

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-suzukifrontecouperendering0.jpg

Source

Last edited by RSR : 15th December 2016 at 19:23.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 20:29   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more facts of Ignis from the pre-launch event.

-Ignis is based on three key parameters - Design, Premiumness and Quality

-Ignis is built in compliance with new safety standards that will come next year

- Will come with 15-inch wheels, Tyre size is 175/55 R15 with '3D trapezoidal' black alloy wheel

- Headlamps feature LED DRLs and LED projector headlamps, the latter being a first for Maruti Suzuki.

- Ignis will have a dual-tone dashboard with a black top and beige bottom half

- Exterior body colour has been carried over in the interiors for some insert and Raised tab like 7 inch touch screen features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

-Ignis will be offered in dual-tone exterior colours like seen on the Vitara Brezza

- Will comes with ISOFIX child seat restraint system and ABS and front dual airbags will be standard across the Ignis variants

- The Ignis will also have personalized cosmetic options - with distinct design, options for customization of both exterior and interior, including roof wraps

- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis can be booked online, starting January, 2017, with launch as revealed earlier as 13th January 2017.

Link
-

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th December 2016 at 20:38.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 21:36   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumb contours are again missing in the Indian version

The international variants had them.
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutiignisdashboardcentreconsole.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 21:52   #416
BHPian

The brand ambassador for the Suzuki Ignis is the famous Axwell! Suzuki is targeting the Young crowd for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-2.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-3.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-4.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-5.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-6.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-7.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-8.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-9.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-axwell.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-boot.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-frontwheel.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-headlamps.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-rear.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-rear2.jpg  

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-roof.jpg  

Last edited by MercFan : 15th December 2016 at 22:09. Reason: Added more pictures.
MercFan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:31   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more salient points related to the Maruti-Suzuki Ignis, courtesy Autocar Professional:

- E-bookings start in the first week of January with about 57 percent of the bookings to be made online.

- The main target market for the Ignis will be youth in their 20s, a market estimated to be worth 450 million Millennials in India alone.

- The second-generation AGS (Auto Gear Shift) will be on offer in both diesel and petrol variants of the Ignis.

- The Ignis has 180mm of ground clearance.

- The Ignis is equipped with both an Android and iOS- compatible Smartphone Linkage Display Audio system (SLDA), which is new to a premium compact car.

- To meet upcoming safety regulations in 2017-18, the Ignis will come with dual airbags and ABS with EBD and also meet regulations for pedestrian safety, side and rear and offset norms.

- The Ignis will be manufactured at the Gurgaon plant where the Vitara Brezza is currently produced.

- Maruti will consider exporting the Ignis to South Asia and South East Asian countries in the future.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Today I had been to NEXA dealership to book a Baleno.
I never knew that Ignis would be unveiled today. Now, it's unveiled and thanks to all the guys who have posted information/facts/pictures etc.

Now, I have already booked Baleno this noon. I just want to ask,

Should I change the booking to Ignis ?

Will this Ignis be as good all-rounder as Baleno ?

The Main Reason for considering & Booking Baleno is Space, Big Boot, 1.2 Petrol Engine, and off course Maruti Reasle & After sales. Will the Ignis be as good as the Baleno is ?

Styling is quirky & unique like KUV1OO. But, will this appeal to those who look for a car with Spacious Cabin ? I don't think this is as big as Baleno.

What do you guys think ?
Old 15th December 2016, 23:51   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
The Main Reason for considering & Booking Baleno is Space, Big Boot, 1.2 Petrol Engine, and off course Maruti Reasle & After sales. Will the Ignis be as good as the Baleno is ?

Styling is quirky & unique like KUV1OO. But, will this appeal to those who look for a car with Spacious Cabin ? I don't think this is as big as Baleno.

What do you guys think ?
Do not get confused buddy. I would advice to stick with Baleno itself. Baleno has boot space more than Dzire . And you have a Tiago too, why do you want another car which is almost the same size or smaller?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:59   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Do not get confused buddy. I would advice to stick with Baleno itself. Baleno has boot space more than Dzire . And you have a Tiago too, why do you want another car which is almost the same size or smaller?
Yes, you are correct. Only thing which came to my mind is the price, it will be cheaper then Baleno. For city runabouts, I would prefer a good car that's at a cheap price.

The Baleno is more spacious then Dzire even though the former has Black Interiors. Yes, size is also one of the factor why I went for Baleno. It is big, no doubt.

I shall consider the Ignis if I don't get my Baleno (Hopefully Not) even after the Ignis is launched. In that situation, I may see one (Ignis) physically post launch & then decide. Both my Mind & Heart are tilted towards Baleno. Ignis is quirky & retro, but it doesn't have that proportionate design the Baleno has which makes it look so Premium & Sophisticated.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks