Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 12:33   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

The upcoming Ignis is on display at the Hotel Intercontinental, Marine Drive, Mumbai.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-15541137_10211052744050205_1759155661725369675_n.jpg

Pic and info credit - Akbar Merchant.

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 14:15   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The upcoming Ignis is on display at the Hotel Intercontinental, Marine Drive, Mumbai.

Pic and info credit - Akbar Merchant.

[/center]
Any idea how big in size it is compared to the Kwid and Swift ? I am very interested in knowing this.
Old 21st December 2016, 15:54   #468
BHPian

Does anyone know if the front door handles (either driver side or passenger) come with a request sensor? I quite liked this feature from MS in Ciaz & Baleno and hope they continue to offer the same with the IGNIS.
Although it might be a tad too early to ask this - but will any of the alleged customization options include Roof Rails? They can be seen in most pictures of the IGNIS from other markets but are not present in the Indian version.
IMHO they make the IGNIS look Uber-Cool!
Old 21st December 2016, 16:08   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Any idea how big in size it is compared to the Kwid and Swift ? I am very interested in knowing this.
Not the best of angles, but you get an idea

Video:

Last edited by GTO : 21st December 2016 at 17:52. Reason: Please re-upload or link to attachment properly - not showing up
fash_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 17:57   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any information as for how long the car is on display at the Hotel? I'd go check it out then.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:05   #471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Indicated to be priced below Swift.
At 5-7 Lakh, the starting price will be above Swift LXi Delhi price (~4.7L), but Swift LXi lacks the ABS and airbags. So, Ignis is technically priced above Swift, but actually, below or at par with Swift.
Old 21st December 2016, 19:13   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
At 5-7 Lakh, the starting price will be above Swift LXi Delhi price (~4.7L), but Swift LXi lacks the ABS and airbags. So, Ignis is technically priced above Swift, but actually, below or at par with Swift.
Speculated to be cheaper than Swift VXI, Delta variant of Ignis to cost ~ 25k less. ( Though Delta Ignis to be more feature rich like Climate Control, Parking sensors, etc)
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:48   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Not the best of angles, but you get an idea

Video:

Sure it's exciting to spot a test mule. Take care of your own safety. What you did at that right turn was totally unsafe.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2016 at 15:12. Reason: Please avoid quoting video URL for replies, affects readability. Thanks
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:52   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Wagon R, is still selling after 15 years. No offence to owners of Maruti cars, but there are better cars.
A complete model change happened, with many slight revamps in between. Also, all those "better" cars will not stand against the utility provided by Wagon-R. Many of its competitors just disappeared from market (Santro, Estilo, i10), or are on the verge of extinction (Spark, Beat).
Old 21st December 2016, 19:53   #475
BHPian

Today's TOI article about what is 'missing' in India-spec Ignis:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/56100945.cms

Quote:
1.2-litre Dualjet Motor

Maruti will offer the 1.2-litre K-series engine with the Ignis in India, while the international version will be powered by an improved version of this motor with Dualjet technology. The 1.2-litre Dualjet made its debut with the Swift and is also available in the global-spec Baleno. The Dualjet is essentially the same motor, but utilises twin fuel injectors for improved fuel economy along with more power and torque.

SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki)

Suzuki's SHVS (smart hybrid vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid system incorporates an integrated starter generator (ISG), which acts as both a generator and starter motor, and a start-stop system. It helps in improving the overall fuel efficiency significantly and assists the engine during vehicle take off and acceleration as well. The 1.2-litre Dualjet motor is equipped SHVS tech in the Ignis.

AllGrip All-Wheel-Drive

In the overseas market, the Ignis comes packed with Suzuki's AllGrip (all-wheel-drive) drivetrain. Like the Dualjet tech, it also made its debut with the current-gen Swift. It is a fully automatic and permanent four-wheel drive layout, which transfers additional torque to the rear wheels when required. The AllGrip-equipped Ignis also features hill descent and grip control.

Side and Curtain Airbags along with Dual Camera Brake Support (DCBS)

The Ignis comes with six airbags as standard in the UK, while the Indian version offers standard dual-front airbags only. So, the Euro-spec car additionally offers side and curtain airbags. Moreover, Suzuki's new dual camera brake support (DCBS) tech has also debuted with the Ignis but won't be offered in India. The DCBS utilises stereo cameras located on each side of the driver's interior rearview mirror and detects lane markings as well as objects ahead - including pedestrians - to apply brakes automatically between the speeds 5-120kmph.
For sure, MSIL was looking at pricing while skipping these (and may be some other) features. Though we can't blame them about it considering the crowded and price-conscious hatchback market here, we would have loved to have 'DCBS' as an option at least
Old 21st December 2016, 20:00   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Speculated to be cheaper than Swift VXI, Delta variant of Ignis to cost ~ 25k less. ( Though Delta Ignis to be more feature rich like Climate Control, Parking sensors, etc)
Swift LXI(4.7L) misses out on ABS & Airbags, but the LXI(O) version which is priced at 5.01L Ex-Showroom Delhi has these. So, with Ignis getting ABS & Airbags across the range, and the fact that the Baleno starts from 5.24L, Maruti have a very small margin to play with.

Since the Ignis is smaller then the Swift, I think they may position it between Celerio & Baleno. I see the prices starting somewhere around 4.5L for the Base Petrol, so this will give them the difference of around 30k (Celerio) and 70k (Baleno) to play with.

If I am getting a fully spec, Alpha Trim at a price equivalent/below the price of Baleno Delta, I might have to consider the Ignis over Baleno.
Old 21st December 2016, 21:24   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
If I am getting a fully spec, Alpha Trim at a price equivalent/below the price of Baleno Delta, I might have to consider the Ignis over Baleno.
I have booked a Baleno Delta as well and planning to switch to Ignis too. It would be great if the Ignis Alpha gets priced around the Baleno Delta mark but I feel they might price it around the Zeta mark. Let's see what MS comes up with
Old 22nd December 2016, 00:34   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Maruti has obviously sensed the greater acceptance of the automatic transmission in India and hence, the Ignis will be offered in AMT variants for both the petrol and diesel engines - a segment first.

Maruti wants people to spend more on customisations than on the auto transmission.

Please note a couple of firsts for Maruti here:
• LED Daylight Running Lamps
• LED Projector Headlamps

The system supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & MirrorLink

nor the 1.0L turbocharged petrol versions are being considered for India.
Thanks for the coverage Eddy. Few questions/thoughts/comments:
  • Do we know if the AMT will be offered across variants? I hope they do launch it in the top trims unlike how that have skipped it for the Baleno
  • Are the LED lights standard? I guess not but given the NEXA positioning perhaps
  • Is the music system standard? Is it available as part of the customizations package? Do we know what all is available as part of customisations? I hope it's more than just a paint job!
  • Not offering the boosterjet is a big bummer IMHO. They have the car, engine being manufactured and they still choose not to offer it. Totally defies logic to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Doesn't it look clearly "inspired" from the old Fiat Uno?
I had similar thoughts and was almost surprised that no one else commented on this

Quote:
The red / maroon looks lovely and should make up good numbers in the audience they're targetting.
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:52   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Thanks for the coverage Eddy. Few questions/thoughts/comments:
  • Do we know if the AMT will be offered across variants? I hope they do launch it in the top trims unlike how that have skipped it for the Baleno
  • Are the LED lights standard? I guess not but given the NEXA positioning perhaps
  • Is the music system standard? Is it available as part of the customizations package? Do we know what all is available as part of customisations? I hope it's more than just a paint job!
  • Not offering the boosterjet is a big bummer IMHO. They have the car, engine being manufactured and they still choose not to offer it. Totally defies logic to me!
Hi Miharbe,

Unfortunately Maruti left most of these questions unanswered. The variant strategy will be revealed only at the launch, which is only a few days away.

However, my guess is that AMT will be offered in the middle two variants and the full scale entertainment system , including the tab et all, will be offered in the top two variants.

The customization options will most likely be similar to what is offered under "iCreate" in the Brezza.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:03   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
However, my guess is that AMT will be offered in the middle two variants and the full scale entertainment system , including the tab et all, will be offered in the top two variants.
Yes, most likely Maruti will offer AMT option in Delta & Zeta trims. If they also offer it in Alpha & skip Zeta, it would be good I guess.

But if No AMT in Alpha, then you'll miss out on these features (Speculated)
1. Touchscreen Audio
2. LED DRLs
3. LED Projector Headlamps.

Since we don't have the Features Break-Up, it's best to wait and watch.

Having Booked the Baleno & also waiting for Ignis (In case it's more appealing), I would be very confused once the Variant wise feature list is revealed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed