Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 12:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

I think Maruti missed a trick here. They should have introduced the IGNIS all wheel drive & taken advantage of being the first mover in the segment.

They should have done what they did when they launched the "Celerio AMT - automatic for the people" (with due apologies to R.E.M.) :-)
Similarly, they should have done a AWD for the junta. And extolled the virtues of AWD in their ad's and communication.

Am not debating on looks as they are subjective, albeit I'm sure, Suzuki's interpretation of the Kamm tail will spawn a love-it-or-hate-it relationship!
It's the mechanical bits through which Suzuki could've pulled out the proverbial rabbit out of its hat! Alas! That doesn't seem to be happening, at least for now. :-(
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 19:47   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
A Taxi variant? Is this something similar to DZire Tour?

If yes, is the Taxi variant going to be sold thru' the so called premium NEXA network
MSIL has a Taxi variant of Baleno homologated as well. They would introduce this variant on Baleno and Ignis as and when they need or can accommodate the demand. It's a good question whether they will use the NEXA network or not.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-1.jpg

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 31st December 2016 at 19:50.
Senna4Ever is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 19:51   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis review by Auto Express

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:08   #514
BHPian

Spoke to the Nexa dealer in my vicinity. Booking to open from 3rd Jan & demo car will only be available after 13th ( after official launch). Had no clues about the price but ~4.5L ( for the base petrol) & ~7L ( for the top end diesel) is the expected range. Its really disappointing that AMT is not available in the Top end variants as I wanted to buy the top end with AMT now not sure what should I do.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:15   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Its really disappointing that AMT is not available in the Top end variants as I wanted to buy the top end with AMT now not sure what should I do.
Since many cars don't come with Automatic Option in thier Top Spec Trims (Due to Price Factor), I would suggest you to stick with Ignis Zeta AMT (P/D), if you have liked it. There is no other option.

But, with no Sigma variant(D), I expect the Zeta to be well equipped. Surely Maruti won't offer DRLs, Projector Headlamps, Touchscreen HU on Zeta. How I wish, Maruti offered these only for the AMT version. That would have been icing on cake.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 2nd January 2017 at 10:29.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:23   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Surely Maruti won't offer DRLs, Projector Headlamps, Touchscreen HU on Zeta. How I wish, Maruti offered these only for the AMT version. That would have been icing on cake.
That's the problem. The HU will look extremely bad without a touchscreen in my opinion. Its being designed in such a way that only a full size touchscreen will suit it, in the lower variants HU might just look totally out of place.

Last edited by rahul412 : 2nd January 2017 at 10:25.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:54   #517
BHPian

While the front looks modern and nice and the interiors look awesome, the rear view is plain ugly in my opinion. Can't understand what Suzuki was thinking while designing the rear. A normal back would have made this just that much more desirable
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:18   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Bookings of Ignis has started at all Nexa dealers from Today ( January 02).

Payment of INR 11k and cancellations are fully refundable.The priority and allotment numbers will start from today's booking.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-111.jpg

Online bookings will start later, with Maruti Suzuki having full control of allotment and selection of Nexa dealerships based on your location.

Display of Ignis at Nexa showrooms is expected only on 13th/14th January.

Bangalore : Garuda Nexa is coming up in ORR ( near Bimal Nexa).

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd January 2017 at 12:38.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:26   #519
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Maruti Suzuki Ignis brochure leaked

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Sathish Chowdry for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Ignis in India on January 13, 2017. Ahead of its scheduled launch, the car's official brochure has been leaked, giving a brief idea about its variant-wise feature and powertrain distribution. The Ignis, which will be sold through the NEXA dealership chain, will be available in four variants - Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha.

Maruti will be offering two engine options with the Ignis - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel. The petrol will be available in all four variants, while the diesel won't be offered in the Sigma (base) trim. A 5-speed MT gearbox will be standard with both engines. An AMT unit will also be offered with the petrol as well as diesel engines, though it will only be available with the mid-level Delta and Zeta variants.

Following are other major takeaways from the leaked brochure:
• LED projector headlamps & DRLs will be available only on the top-end Alpha trim
• Zeta and Alpha variants will come with alloy wheels. Delta trim will get full wheel covers
• The touchscreen Smart Play infotainment system will be available with the Alpha variants, while Delta and Zeta trims will come with a 2 DIN audio system
• Delta, Zeta and Alpha trim levels will also get USB and Bluetooth connectivity and also steering mounted audio controls
• Automatic climate control will be offered only with the Alpha trim
• Push button start will be available on the Zeta and Alpha variants
• Spare wheel in all the variants is of steel type
• ABS with EBD and dual front airbags are standard across all variants

Maruti will be offering a wide range of colour options with the Ignis, though they will be distributed within the four trim levels. Pearl Arctic White and Silky Silver will be the only two colours available with each of the four variants. Glistening Grey will not be offered on the top-end Alpha variant, while Urban Blue won't be available with the entry-level Sigma trim. Uptown Red and Tinsel Blue will be available only with the Zeta and Delta variants. The Ignis can also be opted in three dual-tone colour schemes, which will only be available with the Zeta and Alpha variants. These dual-tone colours include Uptown Red with Midnight Black, Tinsel Blue with Midnight Black, and Tinsel Blue with Pearl Arctic White.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ignis3.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-spy1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-spy31.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-spy21.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-spy11.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2017 at 13:49.
dZired is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:04   #520
Senior - BHPian

Having the projectors, Auto AC, Touchscreen tablet in only the top trim is a deal breaker for many people. People who want AMT and the above features will be left wanting.
Hope Maruti launches the AMT in top end variant as well.
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:16   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

What Alpha gains over Zeta
  • Smart play display audio system
  • Suzuki SLDA App
  • ACC
  • Driver seat height adjust
  • Rear view parking camera
  • LED Projector lamps
  • DRL
  • Two more minor items which can't be made out of the scanned brochure
What Zeta gains over Alpha
  • AMT
Save for ACC, I don't think I'll miss anything else in the Zeta version. Frankly, all these are the "nice to have bits" which Alpha can boast of. People who are not so finicky about the fancy stuff has everything they need for, in the Zeta variant with the added choice of AMT!

PS : I still can't get over this variant strategy. With AMT, the price difference is anyway not so humoungous. Maruti should have provided AMT on Zeta & Alpha instead of Delta.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd January 2017 at 14:18.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:45   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What Alpha gains over Zeta[*]Two more minor items which can't be made out of the scanned brochure
Alpha also gets height adjustable driver seat(I don't know why they skipped that in Zeta ) and Puddle Lamps. I think those are the two features you were referring to.
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:48   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Having the projectors, Auto AC, Touchscreen tablet in only the top trim is a deal breaker for many people. People who want AMT and the above features will be left wanting.
Hope Maruti launches the AMT in top end variant as well.
They have been doing this with the Baleno too, which is why they don't have me as their customer. I hope, one day, sense prevails in them and they introduce the top trim in Autoboxes.
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:51   #524
th2
BHPian

Went ahead and booked an AGS(AMT) - Zeta. Would have actually preferred an Alpha trim CVT. But well, we live with what is available. Need a well-built as-small-as-possible automatic for city use only. At 12:00 PM, I was the fourth guy booking in the JP Nagar Nexa showroom in Bangalore.
th2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:55   #525
BHPian

Not sure, why Maruti Suzuki doesn't offer Alpha variants for their automatic versions. The same is with Baleno also. They don't have the Alpha version for the automatic model. This was indeed a make or break decision when choosing Baleno and I dropped Baleno for it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks