Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 11:52   #586
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

I really dont get the Nexa branding now. Everything under both the names is starting to get a bit tiring. Looks like a practical car for the city like the WagonR was/is.
Old 5th January 2017, 15:56   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
3. a decent highway cruiser @130kmph (read: Tyre upgrade straight out of the showroom) for just the wife and me.
��
I am also planning to do the tyre upgrade immediately after delivery. What should be the best suitable upgrade for Ignis? Is it possible to put offroad tyres ? That will really look cool IMHO.
Old 5th January 2017, 16:26   #588
BHPian

I just paid the booking amount of Rs 11,000 for the Alpha Petrol in White. Was confused whether to get Silky silver or White but the NEXA people told me that it is in pearl metallic White shade. (Similar to the current Swift, Tata Safari, Nissan X Trail etc.) so went for it.
Now awaiting the pricing!
Old 5th January 2017, 16:36   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I booked a Tinsel Blue...
Congrats on your booking. Even I am thinking about booking one, but after a TD.

Quote:
....a decent highway cruiser @130kmph (read: Tyre upgrade straight out of the showroom) for just the wife and me.
Is that speed even legal anywhere in India? Will a tyre upgrade really make a car a 130kph highway cruiser, even if it was not designed to be one?
deerhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 17:19   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
Congrats on your booking. Even I am thinking about booking one, but after a TD.

Is that speed even legal anywhere in India? Will a tyre upgrade really make a car a 130kph highway cruiser, even if it was not designed to be one?
LoL. It's not a legal speed, but anything slower than that and every Tom, Dick & Harry will be overtaking me. Again, thats not going to be a constant speed. Just short bursts.

A tyre upgrade is just to ensure more stability to counter the effects of a tall body and lightweight body, especially on the ghats.
Will it affect the performance of the Petrol engine? I really doubt, considering the fact that it is lighter in weight.

Last edited by Coplay : 5th January 2017 at 17:20. Reason: Added more info
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 19:11   #591
Team-BHP Support

I just spoke to the nexa guy and he said the automatic is an AGT or something like that? He said it's not the same as AMT. Anyone understand what that means? I have no idea what AGT is. He said its similar to the sort of auto tranny on the dezire automatic.
Old 5th January 2017, 19:21   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I just spoke to the nexa guy and he said the automatic is an AGT or something like that? He said it's not the same as AMT. Anyone understand what that means? I have no idea what AGT is. He said its similar to the sort of auto tranny on the dezire automatic.
Maruti calls it AGS on all its cars - short for Auto Gear Shift.

On a different topic, are there any takers for the Diesel? How safe is it to invest in a Diesel small car given the uncertainty about Diesel ban etc in several places around the country?

I have always owned a diesel car but given the uncertainty I am kind of leaning towards the Petrol...
Old 5th January 2017, 19:31   #593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It's an AMT alright, just that they call it AGS.

And it's mighty confusing.. If you look at the Celerio spec sheet, the monikers are AGS for a regular automatic and AMT for the automatic with optional features. So the LXi and VXi variants are:
CELERIO LXI / VXi AGS
CELERIO LXI / VXi AMT(O)

But the ZXI variants both are called AMT.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 19:37   #594
BHPian

Everything about this car feels good, especially the alloys and even the quirky & retro rear design! Maybe I'm old school to like such a dated design but I'm sure Suzuki has another winner in its hands and though Ignis is placed in a higher segment, I have a feeling this car will dent the sales of the Tiago!

Waiting to TD the Petrol version of this car once it is available.
Old 5th January 2017, 19:54   #595
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
What should be the best suitable upgrade for Ignis?
The stock size is 175/65 R15, which has an overall diameter of 608.5 mm.

For the same rim diameter (15"), the first three upsize choices available are - 185/60 R15, 185/65 R15 & 195/60 R15 (as along as they fit in the wheel wheels and don't scrape or foul against anything while turning etc.):

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-screenshot_20170105193654.jpg

I'd personally avoid 185/60 R15 (GC loss of 2.75 mm), and go for either 185/65 R15 (GC gain of 6.50 mm) or 195/60 R15 (GC gain of 3.25 mm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Is it possible to put offroad tyres? That will really look cool IMHO.
If off-road tyres are available in a size that fits the Ignis, then there's no reason why they can't be used on this car.

Last edited by RSR : 5th January 2017 at 20:08.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 20:39   #596
BHPian

I have booked white delta petrol ags on 2 jan. Nexa sales manager came to my house and carried out formalities.Any suggestions for upgrade on wheels to 16 " . I do have spare alloys.

Last edited by west : 5th January 2017 at 20:54.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:19   #597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It's an AMT alright, just that they call it AGS.

And it's mighty confusing.. If you look at the Celerio spec sheet, the monikers are AGS for a regular automatic and AMT for the automatic with optional features. So the LXi and VXi variants are:

CELERIO LXI / VXi AGS

CELERIO LXI / VXi AMT(O)

But the ZXI variants both are called AMT.

How silly. I even asked him keep nomenclature aside is he sure it's not AMT type tranny as opposed to a conventional automatic. To which he insisted it's not AMT but something different called AGS. I'm still cheesed they're plonking an AMT type solution in a premium NEXA product.
Old 5th January 2017, 22:35   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That would have made the car so cool for city use.

If I recall correctly, the WagonR with 50/50 split was registered as a 4 seater and Hyundai used that aggressively in the print campaigns to market Santro which was a 5 seater. Maybe MSIL didn't want a repeat of that episode.
No, it was always registered as a 5-seater. My RC book has proof.

But fact is that it was convenient only for 4. Hyundai might have twisted facts to its advantage.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 23:09   #599
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
No, it was always registered as a 5-seater. My RC book has proof.

But fact is that it was convenient only for 4. Hyundai might have twisted facts to its advantage.

I believe it had only 4 seat-belts while the Santro had an additional rear centre lap-belt for the 5th passenger.

Maruti Suzuki were forced to provide the rear centre lap-belt on cars like the Alto, Zen Estilo & Wagon-R after that.

Last edited by RSR : 5th January 2017 at 23:10.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 23:15   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Did the Brezza hit the pole or did the moving pole leap out of a dark corner and grievously assault the Brezza?
He might have meant a person of Polish origin or from Poland

Last edited by ani_meher : 5th January 2017 at 23:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks