Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 15:27   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Mods, looks like this is another hugely anticipated one so simply asking, when can we get the review? Are you guys working on it or will it be delayed like that of Brezza?
Not sure about the exact timeline, but 2nd-3rd week of February maybe.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 15:30   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Looking at the pictures and dimensions floating around, I'm pretty sure this car is top heavy. Its handling would be worse than the Ritz, probably slightly better than the current WagonR in the best case scenario. Though you should wait for the official review, I would suggest you look elsewhere if you are primary running is on the highway. This car is shorter and narrower than the Ritz, and I guess its taller too. On the flip side, if you want a city runabout with loads of bling/style, this is it.
I guess Ignis is approx. 10mm wider & about 70mm shorter than Ritz therefore I expect the handling to be much better. For final verdict we will have to wait for official review.
Old 9th January 2017, 19:44   #633
BHPian

While the front end is good and a little aggressive if I may say so, by the time you reach the rear of the car, it feels like the designers were bored and designed it in a jiffy! As if they were either not really interested in finishing the car or was running short of time!
R-Six is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 00:58   #634
BHPian

An 8 week waiting period is being reported even before its lauch ... Wow! Only a Maruti can do that.
Old 10th January 2017, 09:00   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

As the launch draws nears rumors on its pricing are afloat,

Here is one giving the OTR Delhi pricing,

Quote:
Petrol:

Ignis Sigma : INR 5.5 lakhs
Ignis Delta : INR 6.2 lakhs
Ignis Zeta : INR 6.8 lakhs
Ignis Alpha : INR 7.5 lakhs

Diesel:

Ignis Delta : INR 7.1 lakhs
Ignis Zeta : INR 7.9 lakhs
Ignis Alpha : INR 8.5 lakhs
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 10:35   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
I guess Ignis is approx. 10mm wider & about 70mm shorter than Ritz therefore I expect the handling to be much better. For final verdict we will have to wait for official review.
The exact figures are in this thread itself, quoted below. Ritz is longer, wider and taller than Ignis but with bigger tires (165/80 R14 vs 175/65 R15) and longer wheelbase I believe Ignis will offer better stability and equal handling compared to Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Primary source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...agon-r-1640598

Ritz' details added.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4114400

Last edited by X-Factor : 10th January 2017 at 10:50. Reason: To add the link to a previous post.
Old 10th January 2017, 12:47   #637
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Maruti sure does things differently. And they have to, since they have all the regular mass-market segments covered. The Celerio was 'different' because of its AMT (it would've sunk without a trace otherwise). The Baleno was because of its positioning (including features). The Ciaz has got a strong differentiator in its SHVS price benefits.

Now, with the Ignis, Maruti has something unique lined up - a 'night' drive at the media event. This is a first.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 13:03   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As the launch draws nears rumors on its pricing are afloat,

Here is one giving the OTR Delhi pricing,

Link
I would still say a little expensive for a car of its size. But, if these speculated prices turn real, then Tiago would be the most affected. After a series of price hikes, the top end versions of Tiago have just crossed the thin line of VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, with the Ignis, Maruti has something unique lined up - a 'night' drive at the media event. This is a first.
Similar to Bajaj, which offered night rides with the Dominar 400 with its USP being a segment first LED headlamp. Does the ignis have something in its kitty to support the night drive(life) apart from the Projector?
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:29   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki sends out the lead time for variants to all Nexa dealers.

For Bangalore - (diesel shows more preferred)

Petrol - 6 - 8 weeks
Diesel - 8- 10 weeks
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 15:36   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Maruti sure does things differently. And they have to, since they have all the regular mass-market segments covered. The Celerio was 'different' because of its AMT (it would've sunk without a trace otherwise). The Baleno was because of its positioning (including features). The Ciaz has got a strong differentiator in its SHVS price benefits.

Night drive is nothing unique from the consumers viewpoint as it won't affect the buyers! It is a unique marketing gimmick as the Ignis is being targeted at youngsters (associated with enjoying a night life). Most consumers won't even know that a night drive is being organized !

In fact every manufacturer needs to do things differently in today's competitive scenario. For Maruti, the pressure increases due to the tremendous market share and product variety they have!

All the models you mentioned i.e. Celario, Baleno, Ciaz are different in their segments (Baleno less as it followed the concept created by i20).

Probably the only thing different going for Ignis is it's design - a mix of SUV and hatchback coming from Maruti stable- probably on the lines of the tend set by KWID / KUV. If this was a product from another manufacturer it would have been ridiculed for the awkward design. It being a Maruti, success is assured!
gaurav911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 01:28   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahead of it's launch, the Ignis has been spotted at a dealership stockyard.

The variants seem to be two Zetas (Uptown Red with Midnight Black/Tinsel Blue with Pearl Arctic White, normal headlamps, chrome around fog lamps) & a Delta (in Blue shade, with wheel covers).

Interior pic is of the Zeta MT variant.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig4.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig3.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig1.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig11.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig7.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig2.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig15.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig13.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig14.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-ig12.jpg

Pics credited to my Facebook sources.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 02:12   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ahead of it's launch, the Ignis has been spotted at a dealership stockyard.

Interior pic is of the Zeta MT variant.
Really disappointing that Maruti has not opted for the Toggle switches, even in Zeta variant. The Music system also looks out of tune with a large 7 inch tablet design.

AMT variants have to bear with this ugly HU of the ICE.
jaaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 08:56   #643
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the conventional infotainment system on the lower variants looks very odd on that tablet-like protrusion. They should have provided a normal 2-DIN system in the space between the centre A/C vents instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post

Probably the only thing different going for Ignis is it's design - a mix of SUV and hatchback coming from Maruti stable- probably on the lines of the tend set by KWID / KUV. If this was a product from another manufacturer it would have been ridiculed for the awkward design. It being a Maruti, success is assured!
The poor ol' Ritz was ridiculed & mercilessly bashed for its (rear) design and did not succeed in the market - it turned out to be a highly under-rated and under-appreciated car!

It's not about the Ignis just being a Maruti Suzuki. There are plenty of folks who want a smart & lively little car with spacious interiors, easy ingress/egress (for elders in the family) and also excellent GC & short overhangs to tackle 'em car-breakers, moon-craters & other absurdities like steep entrance/exit ramps.

The KUV1OO could have made merry in this micro-SUV segment, but couldn't quite do it. Kwid is from a segment lower, albeit with similar characteristics.

Last edited by RSR : 11th January 2017 at 08:59.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 09:17   #644
Senior - BHPian

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Sathish Chowdry for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

A detailed overview of the Ignis' variant-wise feature distribution.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-spy31.jpg
dZired is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 10:11   #645
th2
BHPian

The Zeta A/C and Music system looks butt ugly! I really need an AMT. How I wish an AMT was available in Alpha trim. I hope both of them can be upgraded at the showroom itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed