Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 14:07   #661
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
True, but nonetheless, the current setup does seem to have it's set of design flaws. The center right air vent seems to be uncomfortably close to the steering wheel which might cause the left hand (fingers) to be much colder, isn't it?
The purpose of the center vents to aid in cooling for the rear passengers is completely lost too. The vent to the right of the infotainment looks totally out of place and would definitely be shut by the driver most of the time. Again only an experience with the car can comment further on this.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:12   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
The purpose of the center vents to aid in cooling for the rear passengers is completely lost too. The vent to the right of the infotainment looks totally out of place and would definitely be shut by the driver most of the time. Again only an experience with the car can comment further on this.
We had a car which re-purposed the vents to throw more air into the rear passenger but was mocked for its design. Read, Etios.

It is not directly behind the wheel and moreover, there is a direction adjustment vent as well.

So there shouldn't be much issue on that end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Nitpicker alert:

Eek ! a spelling mistake on the official page of a premium product??

I shall dismiss this if it was some new entrant Chinese car maker, but not from our country's largest.

There are two. Different

Last edited by SchumiFan : 11th January 2017 at 15:23.
SchumiFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:15   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Ignis brochure now available in Nexa website.

http://www.nexaexperience.com/ignis.html#brochure
The car does not come in black. Are you serious?

As most of you have pointed out the lower end interiors have a dull feel to it. I might even go further to say that the interiors look substandard in the photos. Will have to go to the dealer to check this out.

I had high hopes on this one after the S-Cross from Nexa but looks like this is not the case.

Although before making conclusions, we must wait for official reviews to give us the right inputs.
ramgkulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:17   #664
Senior - BHPian

Nitpicker alert:

I shall dismiss this if it was some new entrant Chinese car maker, but not from our country's largest.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-capture.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:20   #665
BHPian

Interiors, which anyway are not great even for Alpha, are a big letdown for lower trims. Not clear what Suzuki took as benchmark. Tiago has a superior overall interior set up, no doubt. In fact IMHO, even Kwid has a better looking dash. Only saving grace is 1.2L engine of Ignis. Lets see what Hyundai does with Grand i10 since as a package that can beat Ignis on most of the criteria.

Based on whatever details available, including probable prices, its difficult to declare Ignis outright the next chart buster. Actual pricing will be the key here. Lets remember that in the showroom Ignis would be standing along with larger and better looking Baleno. I, for one, will not be willing to consider Ignis unless cheaper that Baleno by about 1L on trim to trim basis.

Last edited by rsm97 : 11th January 2017 at 15:24.
rsm97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:51   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Its really amusing, that manufactures these days highlight these very minute things as a unique feature giving them such huge complex names.
In that context I am perplexed that they are not highlighting enough whether the car has a Smart Key with real 'keyless entry and go', even in the official brochure, which is indeed a premium feature although not segment first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Good spot and not just one, check the spelling of different. May be this is intentional, they really wanted to look DIFFRENT .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Based on whatever details available, including probable prices, its difficult to declare Ignis outright the next chart buster.
Exactly, we could already sense a negative vibe going around the forum just by looking at the interior pics of the Zeta variant. I was in double minds about Zeta or Alpha, but seeing this I am sure it is never going to be a Zeta. Need to see the car in person to understand how bad it really is.
Old 11th January 2017, 16:42   #667
BHPian

Quote:
In that context I am perplexed that they are not highlighting enough whether the car has a Smart Key with real 'keyless entry and go', even in the official brochure, which is indeed a premium feature although not segment first.
Well they do mention push start and this is a clear indication of the smart key. And by going through the website and brochures the zeta and alpha variants seem to be equipped with a smart key
Old 11th January 2017, 17:04   #668
BHPian

I booked delta amt , it looked cute in that blue car side profile. With those birdie pics besides swift, my heart sank. I really dont understand what people see in it for 9 odd lakhs in topend diesel. No doubt its small funky car for city goers but 9 odd lks is really too much. I may be out of the race if it crosses 6.5 otr for delta amt petrol in hyderabad

Last edited by west : 11th January 2017 at 17:10.
Old 11th January 2017, 17:06   #669
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly, we could already sense a negative vibe going around the forum just by looking at the interior pics of the Zeta variant. I was in double minds about Zeta or Alpha, but seeing this I am sure it is never going to be a Zeta. Need to see the car in person to understand how bad it really is.
No sir! I can assure you the negative vibe does not make any difference as this car is from Maruti. The positive vibe around Zest couldn't help its sales and the negative vibe here won't hamper the sales of Ignis.

My prediction, we are looking at nothing short of 5K mark if they have the capacity for that volume. It can cannibalize some volume of Wagon R and Celerio. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
I booked delta amt , it looked cute in that blue car side profile. With those birdie pics besides swift, my heart sank. I really dont understand what people see in it for 9 odd lakhs in topend diesel. No doubt its small funky car for city goers but 9 odd lks is really too much. I may be out of the race if it crosses 6.5 otr for delta amt petrol.

Congratulations! Yes, the car looks cute in the blue side profile; even the front end is smart. My only grouse is from the rear door handle; from there it completely is a downward spiral.

Regarding the estimated price, if it's Rs. 9L for top end diesel and still sell more than Figo 1.5D Titanium+ (with 5 airbags) then I don't know what Ford has to do to get it's sales up. Absolutely unbelievable!

Quote:

Good spot and not just one, check the spelling of different. May be this is intentional, they really wanted to look DIFFRENT

Perhaps not! The brochure has the conventional spelling of different.

Last edited by teemus : 11th January 2017 at 17:25. Reason: added quote
Old 11th January 2017, 17:21   #670
BHPian

Looking at the various images of the interiors and the picture of the Tinsel Blue with White roof parked in the Stockyard, I must say, the Blue & White combo (Which I have booked) looks super dumb because it only covers the roof and not the upper side panels

I am going to change the color to Tinsel Blue & Black or maybe only the Tinsel Blue and get the Black wrap done outside which would cover up the side panels as well. Who knows, it might be cheaper IMHO.

Also, the Uptown Red looks more Maroonish to me rather than Red.
Red to me means, the red seen on the Swift/Rapid/Fabia/Old Jazz.
Old 11th January 2017, 18:44   #671
BHPian

It's indeed spelling errors. FINE has been changed to FIND and DIFFRENT has been changed to DIFFERENT. The Rectification is done and the debate ends here.

This is the same Brochure, which I saw on 02nd Jan, with the SE. But they were not distributing the same.

ICE - Now, there is sudden interest generated in SIGMA Variant, where you can customise as per your requirement. Manual & Petrol buyers have a choice.

I wish, Maruti gives a choice to upgrade ICE under iCreate option.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 18:51   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
No sir! I can assure you the negative vibe does not make any difference as this car is from Maruti. The positive vibe around Zest couldn't help its sales and the negative vibe here won't hamper the sales of Ignis.
[/i]
No doubt product begins with a huge brand advantage, that's how it has generated so such buzz already. However, Maruti is not exactly invincible and has experienced tough market responses in the past. Time only will tell.

Believe its the pricing which will decide the fate. The product dost not feel exactly aspirational, which most of their products anyway are not. On this parameter, car seems no better or worse than other Marutis. They now have to play the VFM card well, despite its being a NEXA product.
rsm97 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 19:08   #673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2 View Post
The Zeta A/C and Music system looks butt ugly! I really need an AMT. How I wish an AMT was available in Alpha trim. I hope both of them can be upgraded at the showroom itself.
Same here, i just noticed the dash of the Zeta and what was MUL thinking!!! I can live without LED lights but atleast the head unit and climate control i would need on the AMT, especially if i am going to pay money closer to a baleno?

Just wondering if i should just drop the plan for now and wait for couple of months and hope MUL will have a rethink about the whole approach to model configuration. Least they can do is to provide dealer options to upgrade, knowing MUL that also would be a long shot for now.

Waiting for final nail that would be the pricing.

Just wondering, how difficult it would be to have a dealer customisable base model car to be produced? Won't it make a good business logic for manufacturer and the dealer? Limit to plug and play options, that would be so cool.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 20:02   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
...the Blue & White combo (Which I have booked) looks super dumb because it only covers the roof and not the upper side panels ...

I am going to change the color to Tinsel Blue & Black or maybe only the Tinsel Blue and get the Black wrap done outside which would cover up the side panels as well. Who knows, it might be cheaper IMHO...
If you didn't notice, even the Blue+Black combo covers only the roof. The side will have to be covered additionally. May be, another way to save money. If you can get this done from aftermarket, am sure it'd be very cost effective. Just that you need to find good guys to do this job. You'd rather buy the option from Maruti if you plan to get 3M to do this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
....Just wondering if i should just drop the plan for now and wait for couple of months and hope MUL will have a rethink about the whole approach to model configuration. Least they can do is to provide dealer options to upgrade, knowing MUL that also would be a long shot for now...
I'd say keep a booking active, you never know what'll be wait times once the price announcement is done. You have an option to cancel any time. If the ICE unit can be changed, half of the problem with the interior will be taken care of.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 20:07   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you didn't notice, even the Blue+Black combo covers only the roof. The side will have to be covered additionally. May be, another way to save money. If you can get this done from aftermarket, am sure it'd be very cost effective. Just that you need to find good guys to do this job. You'd rather buy the option from Maruti if you plan to get 3M to do this job.
Thanks for that. I did notice that on the black also. But it doesn't look as Ugly as the white.
Two questions.
1. Does 3M charge a bomb ?
2. What are the average costs to get a roof wrap done for a car this size ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks